gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 08:12:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting new Mike interview, with new release date  (Read 26773 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »

The above statement is correct!

So any bets as to whether "Do It Again" or whatever they decide to release comes out on a 78 rpm record?

I'm suggesting they do a Beatles Anthology thing and use an unreleased track or tracks with Carl (and Dennis) on there and overdub their voices.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2011, 12:58:11 AM »

if the BB were smart, they would let Alan do as much of the lead singing as possible in any reunion type projects. He cam sing circles around the others.

No argument there, but unfortunately he's a proven loose cannon. Ain't gonna happen.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2011, 04:23:45 AM »

Wow did Al's loose lips reguarding the Smile boxset really piss off that many people Andrew?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2011, 06:53:39 AM »

if the BB were smart, they would let Alan do as much of the lead singing as possible in any reunion type projects. He cam sing circles around the others.

No argument there, but unfortunately he's a proven loose cannon. Ain't gonna happen.

I know you probably can't say more , but anything besides the Smile leaks contributing to that. I would think leaking the Smile info would be good and build it up. You would think you would still want the best voice to do the singing...loose cannon or not. Then again...it's The Beach Boys.
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2011, 04:36:08 PM »

Mike and I sat down last night over dinner and discussed a lot of things. Among them, he and Brian going into Capitol Records and recording "Do It Again" together.  He said when he finished recording his vocal Brian said, "Not bad for a 70 year old."  At that point Mike laughed.

Mike would not go into much detail, but did say the main reason for doing it was to see if they could do it as an effort to prove it to one another.  Mike even asked me about logo designs… so he's got his mind on a 50th packaging.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:48:29 AM by ESQ Editor » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2011, 05:45:50 PM »

Brian's still got his banter intact, I see  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2011, 06:16:08 PM »

Wow did Al's loose lips reguarding the Smile boxset really piss off that many people Andrew?
Of course!! Don't you realize that he is one the most dangerous individuals in BBdom?? A typical Manson type, you know? Tally up the damage he's done and no wonder he's the anti-Christ incarnate. He should be feared an hated. Who friggin' cares if he can sing well? Evil
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »

Mike and I sat down last night over dinner and discussed a lot of things. Among them, he and Brian going into Capitol Records and recording "Do It Again" together.  He said when her finished recording his vocal Brian said, "Not bad for a 70 year old."  At that point Mike laughed.

Mike would not go into much detail, but did say the main reason for doing it was to see if they could do it as an effort to prove it to one another.  Mike even asked me about logo designs… so he's got his mind on a 50th packaging.

This is pretty interesting

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2011, 08:11:24 PM »

Mike and I sat down last night over dinner and discussed a lot of things. Among them, he and Brian going into Capitol Records and recording "Do It Again" together.  He said when her finished recording his vocal Brian said, "Not bad for a 70 year old."  At that point Mike laughed.

Mike would not go into much detail, but did say the main reason for doing it was to see if they could do it as an effort to prove it to one another.  Mike even asked me about logo designs… so he's got his mind on a 50th packaging.

This is pretty interesting

Very interesting indeed.  Even aside from the musical aspect, it's nice to hear of Brian and Mike joking around like that.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx