gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681562 Posts in 27643 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 14, 2024, 12:02:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting new Mike interview, with new release date  (Read 27233 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2011, 07:47:26 AM »

I thought the news that the BB were recording was tongue and cheek. I am surprisingly excited to find otherwise.

Cheers.

3D
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2011, 07:51:51 AM »

I thought the news that the BB were recording was tongue and cheek. I am surprisingly excited to find otherwise.

I'm not surprised to find you're excited though I'm surprised to find you're surprisingly excited!

Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2011, 08:14:54 AM »

@AGD

The Hoffman board is reporting that The Beach Boys studio reunion for Do It Again was a Capitol. Is that true? Do they have a new recording contract in place? Seems odd that they would use Capitol and not Linett's place or some other independent studio. It also said that they visited seperately. Was this for a Smile listening session?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Jason
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »

I think The Real Beach Boy provided you with a couple of quotes from Bruce. Please, don't tell us we make stuff up. There is nothing for any of us to gain by it. We give our point of view from what we know and it is up to you whether you want to accept it or not. Personally, it is no problem if you don't want to believe what I have to offer. Ignore my posts if you think I make stuff up. I'm sure I'll be called out if ever I do. I think enough people backed me up on this subject to see that I did not. And sure, 95% of the Smile talk is assumption, but the assumptions are based on things that we know in some form or another.
Yes, 95% is bull merda-Quote of the day, week, month, year, decade perhaps even century! You ARE the doctor!! High Five

Doctor DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
Kiss

My remark about your mental capacity has now been proven. Thank you very much. Smiley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2011, 09:18:10 AM »

@AGD

The Hoffman board is reporting that The Beach Boys studio reunion for Do It Again was a Capitol. Is that true? Do they have a new recording contract in place? Seems odd that they would use Capitol and not Linett's place or some other independent studio. It also said that they visited seperately. Was this for a Smile listening session?

Once again, Da Hoff is wrong.  Grin

And, again, the recent 'reunion' sessions were nothing to do with Smile.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »

The person that posted said they were their separately, as well as together last week. Was just wondering why the separately.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:38:54 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »

My guess would be a "new" recording tacked onto yet ANOTHER greatest hits compilation, probably revolving around the no. 50.

They'll put the "tack" into "tacky".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:32 AM »

The person that posted said they were their separately, as well as together last week. Was just wondering why the separately.

If they did go to Capitol, it was for something else entirely.

oldsurferdude
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »

I think The Real Beach Boy provided you with a couple of quotes from Bruce. Please, don't tell us we make stuff up. There is nothing for any of us to gain by it. We give our point of view from what we know and it is up to you whether you want to accept it or not. Personally, it is no problem if you don't want to believe what I have to offer. Ignore my posts if you think I make stuff up. I'm sure I'll be called out if ever I do. I think enough people backed me up on this subject to see that I did not. And sure, 95% of the Smile talk is assumption, but the assumptions are based on things that we know in some form or another.
Yes, 95% is bull merda-Quote of the day, week, month, year, decade perhaps even century! You ARE the doctor!! High Five

Doctor DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
Kiss

My remark about your mental capacity has now been proven. Thank you very much. Smiley
Bbbut I thought it was you that said "...don't feed the troll..." Thud
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2011, 09:42:31 AM »

I hear you. I hate re-records. No good ever comes from them. Hopefully, like AGD stated earlier, that it was just a warm up to see how things go together.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2011, 10:23:53 AM »

Yeah it's possably just a 'feeling out' process. If they can't get it together recording an oldie like Do It Again then they'll know not to bother trying new material. I hope it goes well, esp for Mike as he's been wanting this to happen for a long time.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2011, 10:29:44 AM »

There needs to be a new Cassius Love vs. Sonny Wilson that comes out of this if another session happens.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »

There needs to be a new Cassius Love vs. Sonny Wilson that comes out of this if another session happens.

BW: I abandoned Smile because Mike didn't like it.
ML: I never disliked Smile...
BW: Your memory is getting senile!
ML: No, yours is!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:13:22 PM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »

I just wanna say that, uh............... I really like Scarlet's rack!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »

I hear you. I hate re-records. No good ever comes from them. Hopefully, like AGD stated earlier, that it was just a warm up to see how things go together.

Like the oldies recorded for 15 Big Ones? Grin

Rerecording "Do It Again" (of all songs) is such a cheesy thing to do... Also, no rerecording is ever going to equal the original's perfect drum beat and manic falsetto part, so why even bother?
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2011, 12:38:21 PM »

Rerecording "Do It Again" (of all songs) is such a cheesy thing to do... Also, no rerecording is ever going to equal the original's perfect drum beat and manic falsetto part, so why even bother?

I agree it may be cheesy. However, at least they're in (or were in) the studio together, and presumably getting along. That bodes well, I would think.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »

I agree it may be cheesy. However, at least they're in (or were in) the studio together, and presumably getting along. That bodes well, I would think.

Oh yes, I absolutely agree.

Personally I think that both "Southern California" and "Cool Head Warm Heart" would've worked quite well as new Beach Boys reunion songs. Also "San Simeon", which isn't very original but still could've been rather nice in a BB 50th anniversary context. Who knows, maybe they're going to come up with something like that.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »

I just wanna say that, uh............... I really like Scarlet's rack!

Hell Yeah! It's the only reason to keep watching that Michael Bay crapfest "The Island" 'till the end.

P.S. Don't go getting any funny ideas Mikie - I'm a dude.  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:14:56 PM by Scarlett's rack » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »

If that "Do It Again" re-recording ever happens (which I'm sure It won't) I would probably tears of shame

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »

Like the oldies recorded for 15 Big Ones? Grin

Well, it is one thing to redo someone else's song and quite another redoing your own. 

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2011, 01:55:03 PM »

If that "Do It Again" re-recording ever happens (which I'm sure It won't) I would probably tears of shame

Well, excuse me, but it's already happened, last week. I can understand people dismissing my notions and theories (hell, I do it to other folk on a regular basis), but the session is now common knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:56:25 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2011, 02:17:09 PM »

Quote from: phirnis

Quote from: Shady

Just so I'm clear: the surviving band members have reunited in the studio after so and so number of years, and instead of appreciating the potential historical significance of seeing these dudes put aside their differences and baggage enough to do it, let alone at an age where it might be one of their last opportunities to release anything new at all, we should just complain about how it's not going to be as good as the version they did in their prime and that they should just not do anything at all?

Got it.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »

Historical. I hope it turned out good so that it gets released. And I agree, it definitely sounds like some kind of warm-up. Wonder what's coming our way...  3D
Jason
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »

I figure hey, if it went reasonably ok, it could work as a download on the new Beach Boys Central website!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2011, 03:04:08 PM »

Quote from: phirnis

Quote from: Shady

Just so I'm clear: the surviving band members have reunited in the studio after so and so number of years, and instead of appreciating the potential historical significance of seeing these dudes put aside their differences and baggage enough to do it, let alone at an age where it might be one of their last opportunities to release anything new at all, we should just complain about how it's not going to be as good as the version they did in their prime and that they should just not do anything at all?

Got it.

It's just a weird thing to do, "Do it again" is a great song but I don't see a single reason to rerecord it..

It will be a weird novelty recording, something more from the heart would be better, or just seeing them on stage IMO

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx