gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:10:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promotional Posters  (Read 39320 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 05:55:38 AM »

Remember that Brother Entertainment did not have the distribution and marketing resources of Capitol, Warner's or CBS. A perfect way to let the public know that you have new product, while also getting paid to do so. Seems like a good business decision to me.

Sure but c'mon, we are talking about the Beach Boys and lower fat margarine. There must've been more tasteful ways to promote your stuff

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 06:51:12 AM »

The cruise was for the margarine, the soap was the for the CD. Nothing like being beachy clean during Summer In Paradise. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 07:03:51 AM »

Seems like the soap would be a good idea. Would feel dirty if I had actually bought Summer In Paradise...

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 07:25:40 AM »

I must be filthy, then. I actually like about half the tunes on that album.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »

I also do like to listen to it from time to time.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »

I also do like to listen to it from time to time.

OK, Listen!! 
If you guys are going to go all crazy here, I'll have to stop putting up pictures.
Listen to SIP, are ya Nuts??

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 12:01:32 PM »

I keep seeing people write here that so and so could sing the phonebook and it would sound great. Well, I kind of look at SIP in the same way. Maybe not the best songs in their catalog, but most of the singing is pretty darn good, especially Al. As with quite a few of their later albums, performance outweighed composition.

You guys have some terrific stuff. Thank you very much for sharing it here.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »

i want to say thanks for posting this stuff. i had a lot of stuff also but lost it in a blink of an eye. nice to see it again in scan form.
i say share this stuff with others while you have it. one never knows......

i have scans of lots of magazine articles and stuff. luckily i had scanned those before the loss. i would be happy to share it if one wants it but i'm not sure about copyrighted stuff on this board.
just let me know........

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »

i want to say thanks for posting this stuff. i had a lot of stuff also but lost it in a blink of an eye. nice to see it again in scan form.
i say share this stuff with others while you have it. one never knows......

i have scans of lots of magazine articles and stuff. luckily i had scanned those before the loss. i would be happy to share it if one wants it but i'm not sure about copyrighted stuff on this board.
just let me know........

Thanxx Steve; As for me, you're one of the reasons I'm posting this stuff, you might say. or your spirit-sense, so to speak. An all-around sharing .  I've got an immense collection, paralleling what I imagine yours was. ( between my posts here and the concert posters thread)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:25:52 PM by bgas » Logged

Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »

it was a big collection.. lol

but again, thank you. nice to see certain things again and it makes me remember how i got mine.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 12:26:01 PM »

We might as well start a library section on this board.  Smiley

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »

thanks smile holland (and you know for what...  Wink  )

just let me know....

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »

I won't have to re-post anything, will I?

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

I won't have to re-post anything, will I?

Nope, if there were to be a new sub-section, I'd simply move this topic (and the Concert posters as well) to that new section. No worries.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »

in the mean while: a last addition before I go to bed...

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

in the mean while: a last addition before I go to bed...

You go to sleep early!!  It's only 3PM....

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »

I'd like that very much. As you know we have something like that on the german Cal. Dreamin'-board.

Steve, magazine articles would be cool  Smiley

- Jack Rieley
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »

You go to sleep early!!  It's only 3PM....

10 PM here, which still is early (for me), but I have to get up at 5AM (which is now half an hour ago).

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »

Stars & Stripes promo material

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »

not promotional posters per se, but these early 70ies posters are nice enough to share

poster from the Dutch Popfoto magazine, 1970

and another one, also Popfoto magazine (either 1970 or 1971)

and lastly, a poster from the Dutch mag Muziek Parade, 1971

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2011, 11:12:17 AM »

I guess everyone that owns the Flame album knows that there's a huge poster inside, right?

For those who didn't:

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »

back to promotional stuff: bumper stickers (which one would receive yearly after renewing your subscription on the BBFC newsletter)

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2011, 11:15:13 AM »

(Dutch) promotional poster for the California Gold album

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »

No clue from which magazine I got this from, but it's a Dutch add for a Californian company that delivers/delivered computer equipment.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »

back to promotional stuff: bumper stickers (which one would receive yearly after renewing your subscription on the BBFC newsletter)

Did they only do this for three years?

No clue from which magazine I got this from, but it's a Dutch add for a Californian company that delivers/delivered computer equipment.

I guess that's probably an early IBM laptop they're carrying...

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx