gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:23:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Denny -- The Group's Strongest Vocalist?  (Read 18199 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2011, 02:54:25 PM »

It all gets pretty low during Breakaway, although apparently it's Murry on some of those notes, my memory fails me at present.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »

So, if Carl's (or possibly Bruce's) A5 in "Surf's Up" is the highest noted reached by a Beach Boy on record, what's the lowest? Top of my head, I'd say the F that Dennis sings in "Shortenin' Bread" ("Mama's little baby loves shortenin', shortenin'..."). Any lower? Is there an E somewhere?

Mike hits a low E twice in the last 4 bars of the bridge on "Wouldn't It Be Nice."
I believe that's Dennis singing those bass notes on WIBN

I know it's Dennis doing the low part during the verses, but the bridge bass part always souded like Mike to me.  It would seem odd to have somebody other than Mike singing the bass part for an entire song.  Guess I'll have to give it another listen!
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2011, 10:56:25 PM »

In preparing for a Beach Boys tribute gig, I noticed another high one for the vocals...there's a bunch of high F#s and Gs on the backups to "Do You Wanna Dance."  Presumably Brian on all (though I'm only sure it's him on the chorus).
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2011, 09:25:51 AM »

So none lower than Mike's WIBN 'E' than? That means we have a BB range on record from E2 to A5, right? That's impressive.

Another related question: what's the loudest note ever sung on a BB record? With that, I don't mean loudest as it comes out of your speakers but rather what would've sounded the loudest had you been in the studio when they recorded it. Naturally, we can only speculate about this ... but that's what we do here, right?  Smiley My suggestion: Brian's "Iiiiiiiiii" in the verses of the early version of "Good Vibrations".

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2011, 10:51:48 AM »

So none lower than Mike's WIBN 'E' than? That means we have a BB range on record from E2 to A5, right? That's impressive.

Another related question: what's the loudest note ever sung on a BB record? With that, I don't mean loudest as it comes out of your speakers but rather what would've sounded the loudest had you been in the studio when they recorded it. Naturally, we can only speculate about this ... but that's what we do here, right?  Smiley My suggestion: Brian's "Iiiiiiiiii" in the verses of the early version of "Good Vibrations".

Oh I'd say Brian's "Papa Papa Papa HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" was a good bit louder than that.  I bet people were covering their ears on that one...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »

"Screaming" Mike Love's lead on All I Want To Do?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »

"Screaming" Mike Love's lead on All I Want To Do?

Surely the coda to that song, if mixed at its natural level, would take the prize here!

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2011, 12:33:46 AM »

Oh I'd say Brian's "Papa Papa Papa HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" was a good bit louder than that.  I bet people were covering their ears on that one...
Good call!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
ReggieDunbar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2011, 12:46:21 AM »

What about Wild Honey?
//RD

The pine-scented air smells so good in the snow, in our toboggan well go
screaming down the mountainside. The touch of your cheeks when theyre rosy and cold, feels so cozy to hold. Just to take you close and make you warm and...
Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »

I'd like to put forward the middle section to My Solution '70, too.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx