gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:05:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Mystery  (Read 73217 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 09, 2011, 11:23:20 PM »

if I were to fake a pic like this for the sake of winding fans up I'd sure as hell include boxes tagged 'Good Vibrations - background vocals' and 'good Vibrations - lead vocal overdub' and even 'Good Vibrations - vocal overdub for that bit where everyone goes 'Aaaaaah''.

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: April 09, 2011, 11:40:56 PM »

Andrew you have such a strange view on this.  I don't know why you won't even allow for the possibility that these are anything but empty boxes, lol.  It's amazing.

Earlier in the thread, you said one gentleman probably thinks the moon landings were faked.  All we have to prove the moon landings weren't faked are videotapes.  Why do you believe that, but don't believe this?  It's kind of strange that you're so hard core against this being anything interesting at all.

Andrew; have you forgotten how to dream?  Smiley

I do allow for the possibility that they may be tapes in the boxes (check my earlier posts), I'm just not of the company that are starting with the assumption that not only are there tapes in those boxes, but that they are undoubtedly Beach Boys tapes.

"All we have to prove the moon landings weren't faked are videotapes." Actually, there's a lot more than video tapes: photos, data transmissions, personal recollections, consistent physics and so on... at the risk of opening a whole new can of worms, there's far, far more evidence (by several orders of magnitude) for the moon landings than there is for the existence of Jesus.

I'm not hardcore against this being anything interesting at all - I want to know exactly what it is and, almost more importantly, why ?  There's too much internal inconsistency, in my view, for it to be kosher. Yes, there are points where I'm looking at it and going "can't figure that", but the overwhelming body of evidence as presented by that photo (not what I, or you, think, or wish,or hope, or pray, but what is) tells me something smells funny.

if I were to fake a pic like this for the sake of winding fans up I'd sure as hell include boxes tagged 'Good Vibrations - background vocals' and 'good Vibrations - lead vocal overdub' and even 'Good Vibrations - vocal overdub for that bit where everyone goes 'Aaaaaah''.

I stand to be corrected, but in the mid-70s, no-one knew they were missing, because no-one was looking for them.  Smiley

Beach Head makes some interesting points: they're based on facts and he admits that some of them don't make much sense. I don't agree with all of them, but admire the thought processes behind them - yes, because they mirror mine in this matter.  Smiley

Someone mentioned Dan Rutherford earlier on - I'll send a copy of the photo to him.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:47:14 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 09, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »

Fyi, I just fired off an e-mail (with photo) to David Sandler through the contact address listed at his Glacier Records website (www.glacierdisc.com). I'll let you know what I hear.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2011, 12:14:32 AM »

I stand to be corrected, but in the mid-70s, no-one knew they were missing, because no-one was looking for them.  Smiley

Maybe they're missing because they're on another, not-depicted shelf in this vault?!!!

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2011, 12:32:28 AM »

Copies of image despatched to Dan and David*: truthfully, I'm not expecting much more than "never seen that before", but even that will be useful. And you never know...

[* no slight intended to Beach Head, but I've tried a (hopefully) slightly more direct route]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:02:01 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

XY
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2011, 01:09:48 AM »

Wouldn't it be cool if AGD, the most sceptical in this case, would be successfull in locating the place where this pic was taken?
Another thing: Remember, this photo slept in Mr. Roach's possession for around 30 years before he made it available on the net. If this is some kind of put-on, Mr. Roach must be involved - and I'm certainly not saying that's the case. Ok, some people will now combine that this was a joke posted in a BB Fanzine in the 70's, the storage was arranged for the back-cover of a BB compilation or so, but did someone see this pic before Mr. Roach made it available? The answer is no.
And sorry for my prickly behavor against Mr. Doe lately, but I mean, there's a SMiLE boxset coming out and people involved are trying to find out more about this all and a person who's word some people take for granted says something like "Don't search, forget about it, it's nothing worth". You know what I mean?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:10:41 AM by Jasper » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: April 10, 2011, 01:36:58 AM »

Wouldn't it be cool if AGD, the most sceptical in this case, would be successfull in locating the place where this pic was taken?
Another thing: Remember, this photo slept in Mr. Roach's possession for around 30 years before he made it available on the net. If this is some kind of put-on, Mr. Roach must be involved - and I'm certainly not saying that's the case. Ok, some people will now combine that this was a joke posted in a BB Fanzine in the 70's, the storage was arranged for the back-cover of a BB compilation or so, but did someone see this pic before Mr. Roach made it available? The answer is no.
And sorry for my prickly behavor against Mr. Doe lately, but I mean, there's a SMiLE boxset coming out and people involved are trying to find out more about this all and a person who's word some people take for granted says something like "Don't search, forget about it, it's nothing worth". You know what I mean?

I'd love it if anyone (but yeah... preferably me) found out the who, where, when and why (especially the why ?)... and believe me, given that I have a lot of time on my hands right now, I've been searching as much as most here. It's my nature.  If it's proven that this is legit, then I'll happily put my hands up and say "sorry, wrong and apologies" (won't be the first time, won't be the biggest recantation)... but I'm not convinced we'll get to that point.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:37:59 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 10, 2011, 01:53:57 AM »

I reckon your the best Andrew!!! Cool

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: April 10, 2011, 02:01:54 AM »

That makes two, then.  Grin

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2011, 02:05:31 AM »

Well three actually Em thinks your pretty dosh garn the best as well!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2011, 02:40:57 AM »

That makes two, then.  Grin

There is a difference between "your" (belonging to you) and "you're" (you are).  Yes, I know I'm being  pedantic...  police

Carry on... Grin

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:43:17 AM by juggler » Logged
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 10, 2011, 03:08:03 AM »

And also a difference between 2 beers and 14....

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 10, 2011, 03:29:34 AM »

And also a difference between 2 beers and 14....

"And also" is a tautology.

Also should read "two (spelled out in full is best practice for numbers between one and ten [nine in some publishers' rules]) beers or 14", making it a choice.

The pedants are revolting!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:31:37 AM by Wee Helper » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2011, 04:10:49 AM »

Copies of image despatched to Dan and David*: truthfully, I'm not expecting much more than "never seen that before", but even that will be useful. And you never know...

[* no slight intended to Beach Head, but I've tried a (hopefully) slightly more direct route]

How is Melinda nowadays?  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »

Any advance on three ?  Cool

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2011, 07:19:51 AM »

How is Melinda nowadays?  Grin

She's cool... we're cool... but it wasn't her. Just asked DS directly via a mutual friend.

Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2011, 12:02:57 PM »

Got a response just a little while ago from David Sandler.

In its entirety:

> I don't think I can help you- Sorry.

So that theory goes in the toilet! Next!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2011, 12:08:06 PM »

Got a response just a little while ago from David Sandler.

In its entirety:

> I don't think I can help you- Sorry.

So that theory goes in the toilet! Next!

Hey, at least you got a response !

Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2011, 02:32:05 PM »

Andrew you have such a strange view on this.  I don't know why you won't even allow for the possibility that these are anything but empty boxes, lol.  It's amazing.

Earlier in the thread, you said one gentleman probably thinks the moon landings were faked.  All we have to prove the moon landings weren't faked are videotapes.  Why do you believe that, but don't believe this?  It's kind of strange that you're so hard core against this being anything interesting at all.

Andrew; have you forgotten how to dream?  Smiley

I have to take serious objection to this allegation. The evidence for Apollo is the most documented project in history. The documentation began with the formation of NACA and follows through to this day.

The evidence for the moon landings is so great that I have staked my entire professional career on it. Have you done the same?

The sad _fact_ is that the ravings of some intentionally and unintentionally deluded folk has permeated enough into pop culture that such musing are becoming the "norm".

I haver researched more about Apollo than you probably ever wikll in your entire life. I have spoken in-person with not only the Apollo astronauts, but with tracking station personel and third party enthusiasts who tracked the missions as well.

Imagine you have just spent 5 years writing about about a particular topoic. Now imagine you hear someone say that all you have written is bunk and then use a false argument to make that statement. Do you smile and say, wow that is some jolly wit, or do you argue your point?

Sorry to derail. Steerin g back on track, no cassette tape taken on the lunar missions ever had any BB material on it.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: April 10, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »

Sorry to derail. Steerin g back on track, no cassette tape taken on the lunar missions ever had any BB material on it.

But... one of Armstrong's tapes was of theremin music !

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »

Andrew you have such a strange view on this.  I don't know why you won't even allow for the possibility that these are anything but empty boxes, lol.  It's amazing.

Earlier in the thread, you said one gentleman probably thinks the moon landings were faked.  All we have to prove the moon landings weren't faked are videotapes.  Why do you believe that, but don't believe this?  It's kind of strange that you're so hard core against this being anything interesting at all.

Andrew; have you forgotten how to dream?  Smiley

I have to take serious objection to this allegation. The evidence for Apollo is the most documented project in history. The documentation began with the formation of NACA and follows through to this day.

The evidence for the moon landings is so great that I have staked my entire professional career on it. Have you done the same?

The sad _fact_ is that the ravings of some intentionally and unintentionally deluded folk has permeated enough into pop culture that such musing are becoming the "norm".

I haver researched more about Apollo than you probably ever wikll in your entire life. I have spoken in-person with not only the Apollo astronauts, but with tracking station personel and third party enthusiasts who tracked the missions as well.

Imagine you have just spent 5 years writing about about a particular topoic. Now imagine you hear someone say that all you have written is bunk and then use a false argument to make that statement. Do you smile and say, wow that is some jolly wit, or do you argue your point?

Yes, it's sad.  My ex-wife came home one day and said the moon landing was faked in the Arizona desert. when I said something to the effect of "are you a complete Fucking idiot?" she replied that it had to be true, because she "heard it on the radio"

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »

Any advance on three ?  Cool
Four, for, fore, and 4.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »

The more I think about, the more I remember seeing this picture on the internet many years ago(1998-ish), and also remember reading that there was definite proof that the picture was an elaborate hoax. Do I remember what the proof was? No. Do I remember the name of the website, or the URL of the website? Sadly, the answer again is no. It seems to me that it may  have been a website that hasn't survived the test of time. Back to square one, I guess. Sorry guys.  Undecided

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2011, 11:58:57 PM »

The more I think about, the more I remember seeing this picture on the internet many years ago(1998-ish), and also remember reading that there was definite proof that the picture was an elaborate hoax. Do I remember what the proof was? No. Do I remember the name of the website, or the URL of the website? Sadly, the answer again is no. It seems to me that it may  have been a website that hasn't survived the test of time. Back to square one, I guess. Sorry guys.  Undecided

You're just a big tease, ain'tcha ?  Razz

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2011, 01:01:45 AM »

Ah! You can stop arguing, I got it now.

Those are pizza delivery boxes from a pizza delivery service that names all pizzas after Beach Boys albums. "Tracks" means "the works".

Some guy collected all of those pizza boxes and photographed them. And he wears a huge beard.  Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx