gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681025 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 06:20:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1743058 times)
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8775 on: November 01, 2011, 10:40:29 AM »

I'm curious as to when everyone order theirs. I ordered mine when it was around $170 (Amazon) and got it yesterday (31st)...

I ordered the evening of the first day the pre-order was available.  I missed out on the $110, but got the next price up.  As we speak, I'm still waiting for UPS to deliver mine.  I took the day off from work which in 1 1/2 hours will have been worthless. 

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: November 01, 2011, 10:40:53 AM »

Bummer Sad

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Cal
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: November 01, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »

Hi!

Been ages since I've posted here....A happy day. It makes me SMILE Smiley - Anyhow....I picked up the 2 CD as that's all I can afford at the moment. After all these years it still feels like a bootleg  Wink Anyhow - I do think Capitol made a big mistake allowing the vinyl to be purchased separately for the audiophiles - but for folks like me that are not interested in the vinyl (for many differing reasons), we are forced to buy the deluxe just to get the 5 CD set (which should have been the deluxe set on its own). I WILL eventually have to buy the deluxe set as is - but I know many collectors who are waiting for the torrents to offer the 5 CD set of material (and needle-drops of the exclusive mixes on the vinyl) for free and will skip on the deluxe due to the cost alone. IMO, Capitol would move many more deluxe sets without including the vinyl.  Until then, I will have suffer until I can afford to purchase the box set.... Sad

Regards,
Cal
Smiley
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:43:13 AM by Cal » Logged
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8778 on: November 01, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »

Ordered my deluxe edition on 8/26 for release-day delivery right when the pre-order price went up to $146. What's interesting is that after I raised my concerns about "Not Yet Shipped" yesterday, my shipping was upgraded to next-day, and they completely took off the shipping price. And adding a gift card I got as a birthday present, my final cost is LESS than the original, cheapest pre-order price. Smiley And now the Mrs. is telling me she has it (we're not opening it until we're both home), and she commented on the remarkability of a cardboard box giving off a vibe.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8779 on: November 01, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »

Now my UPS status says "EXCEPTION"
"The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day. "
 Cry

How frustrating!  I'm sorry. 

I'm not very happy with UPS right now considering my box left a place about 30 minutes from me 8 hours ago and still hasn't arrived.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: November 01, 2011, 10:49:02 AM »

I ordered mine when it was $170. Still not here, will be here by 4 at the latest. I'm so antsy.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: November 01, 2011, 10:53:18 AM »

A neighbor's brown cat was just laying on my porch, I looked out the window and for a second thought it was the package, before it got up and ran away! I almost went after it.

Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: November 01, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »

I'm a high school teacher.  I very rarely go near a computer during class, unless it's related to a lesson or I have to look up something for a student, and I never take my phone out of my pocket.  Today was an exception, because I had to check Amazon every 25 seconds for delivery status.  Just before the end of period 3, the status changed to "Delivered".  I don't know how, but I kept my cool.  
As soon as the bell rang, I darted down the main hall to the rear of the building, and pounded on the door of the engineering wing (the loading dock is back there).  Normally, I would have waited for one of the guys to bring the package to the main office with the rest of the day's shipments, but nothing about Smile constitutes "normally".  One of the guys let me in and I ran to claim my prize.  
Now it's next to me on the floor in the teacher's room.  I'm not opening it until I get home, which won't be until after a meeting after school that I can't get out of (grrrrr).  If the meeting isn't over by 4:00, I'm going to excuse myself by saying that I have to pick up my kid....even though everyone here knows that I don't have children.  I can't be bothered with factual details today.  

How HUGE that this day is just three days shy of the 14th anniversary of another great day in BB/BW fandom...the Pet Sounds box set was released 11/4/1997.

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: November 01, 2011, 11:05:13 AM »

I'm a high school teacher.  I very rarely go near a computer during class, unless it's related to a lesson or I have to look up something for a student, and I never take my phone out of my pocket.  Today was an exception, because I had to check Amazon every 25 seconds for delivery status.  Just before the end of period 3, the status changed to "Delivered".  I don't know how, but I kept my cool.  
As soon as the bell rang, I darted down the main hall to the rear of the building, and pounded on the door of the engineering wing (the loading dock is back there).  Normally, I would have waited for one of the guys to bring the package to the main office with the rest of the day's shipments, but nothing about Smile constitutes "normally".  One of the guys let me in and I ran to claim my prize.  
Now it's next to me on the floor in the teacher's room.  I'm not opening it until I get home, which won't be until after a meeting after school that I can't get out of (grrrrr).  If the meeting isn't over by 4:00, I'm going to excuse myself by saying that I have to pick up my kid....even though everyone here knows that I don't have children.  I can't be bothered with factual details today.  

How HUGE that this day is just three days shy of the 14th anniversary of another great day in BB/BW fandom...the Pet Sounds box set was released 11/4/1997.

jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: November 01, 2011, 11:07:23 AM »

My box just arrived just like Amazon promised!! I'm all shook up. Smokin Smokin
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:49 AM »

Ha, that's great

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
P.J.
Smiley Smile Associate

The least you could do is smile.

View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:57 AM »

Got leave from work early! I still got to go in at 4 to teach my class but the mail should be in by then! I am waiting with my window wide open so I can see when the mail truck enters the complex!

"I heard the word -- wonderful thing -- a children's song."
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: November 01, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »

This is such an exciting day.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: November 01, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »

haha nice!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: November 01, 2011, 11:16:43 AM »

The two that have really hit are Heroes and Villains - the backing track no longer sounds as if it was recorded under a blanket, and Mrs.O'Leary's Cow - no longer fuzzy and scratchy sounding, this one comes SCREAMING outta the speakers.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8790 on: November 01, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »

I'm curious as to when everyone order theirs. I ordered mine when it was around $170 (Amazon) and got it yesterday (31st)...
I ordered the Box Set on August 26th at the super low price of $110 with Same day delivery. Didn't ship until 9:30pm last night. Had me in a panic as the email wasn't sent until 12:03am this morning, after I had gone to bed. Out for delivery for 9 hours now and still not delivered.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: November 01, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »

It just arrived on my doorstep! Grin  So happy I was able to work from home today! Work is gonna be so much more pleasant as I play through all the CDs in order starting in about five minutes. 3D  (I ordered on Aug. 26 with two-day shipping when it was $146.89. The price drop saved me $14.)
grooveblaster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: November 01, 2011, 11:45:29 AM »

I am reading this January 16, 1967 Milwaukee Sentinel prior to listening to the set to get myself in a 1967 state of mind and context.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=wZJMF1LD7PcC&dat=19670116&printsec=frontpage&hl=en
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: November 01, 2011, 11:54:58 AM »

Time is just crawling by here

inch

by

inch

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: November 01, 2011, 12:06:33 PM »

I'm deleting all my boots

UM 15, 16, and 17
Secret Smile
Heroes and Villains Sessions Volume 1 and 2
Archeology

Anything to keep off those?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:09:42 PM by Fishmonk » Logged

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: November 01, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »

A neighbor's brown cat was just laying on my porch, I looked out the window and for a second thought it was the package, before it got up and ran away! I almost went after it.

I went all the way home for lunch to see if it had arrived.  As I pulled up in front of the house I saw what looked like a brown square package sitting on the porch railing.  As I got closer I saw it was actually the brown stone masonary cap that had been there for the last several decades.  Talk about wanting something so bad you can taste it! LOL
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: November 01, 2011, 12:08:08 PM »

I stopped by Best Buy to pick up my 2-CD set.  They had the boxset too, for 140.  Do all the boxsets have that cool 3D thing going on?
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8797 on: November 01, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

Ooh...good question, Fish; someone who isn't me (at least now) should do a boot-to-TSS concordance.

And a long-needed LLV!S! index.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: November 01, 2011, 12:22:36 PM »

I stopped by Best Buy to pick up my 2-CD set.  They had the boxset too, for 140.  Do all the boxsets have that cool 3D thing going on?

I was wondering about that too...I hope so because it looked pretty cool when Brian was presenting it on YouTube.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: November 01, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »

I'm deleting all my boots

UM 15, 16, and 17
Secret Smile
Heroes and Villains Sessions Volume 1 and 2
Archeology

Anything to keep off those?

I can only speak as someone who has the 2CD set, but there are certain things I'm hanging onto for now.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx