gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681555 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 13, 2024, 03:54:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1752461 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2925 on: August 03, 2011, 11:56:37 AM »

Why not just a prohibition on all smile discussion. From here on out any mention of smile should come with a ban.

'Cause some dickwad will start calling it "the album previously known as Dumb Angel" (TAPKADA) or something equally cute.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
BiG GRiN
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2926 on: August 03, 2011, 11:57:10 AM »

Why not just a prohibition on all smile discussion. From here on out any mention of smile should come with a ban.
not bad, though, if it could be so easy... I think the problem is not a discussion about Smile...
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2927 on: August 03, 2011, 11:58:27 AM »

Ban Smile discussion, yeah that's a good one! Was that ever tried before?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: August 03, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »

\One other thing, I'll take what AGD has to say over anyone else's opinion. At least I know that he checks his sources and facts before he speaks.

Some people are better than others at convincing people they have the kind of authority that allows them to throw a childish tantrum and hurl insults. You're certainly convinced!
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: August 03, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »

Hehe...have Beach Boys fans finally become crazier than/ turned into the Boys themselves  Shocked Shocked

There certainly seems to be a sense of things coming full circle with that post!

'Of course we were all born to drive each other crazy' Carl Wilson.

The highlight of the day should be Peter's post...I think they'll up the stakes soon  Cool
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:06:23 PM by Sam_BFC » Logged

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: August 03, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »

\One other thing, I'll take what AGD has to say over anyone else's opinion. At least I know that he checks his sources and facts before he speaks.

Some people are better than others at convincing people they have the kind of authority that allows them to throw a childish tantrum and hurl insults. You're certainly convinced!
You see what happens here when opinions run amuck? And, just so we are clear. If you never answer another post of mine, my feelings won't be hurt one bit. You wanna pick an agrument, then please PM me.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2931 on: August 03, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »

Yeah, on the Bluebird.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: August 03, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »

Stop arguing if only for the reason that when I loggged in and saw the thread had jumped up 8 pages I expected a tracklist. DAMN YOUR PETTY BICKERING, AND DAMN ITS DUCKPOND

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: August 03, 2011, 12:14:30 PM »

You see what happens here when opinions run amuck?

Yes. You get a big baby who throws around phrases like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board", doesn't have the guts to admit that he was wrong when the issue is pressed further, but can do so comfortably because his little cheerleaders can pretend like it didn't happen since nothing he says could possibly be wrong. That's exactly a textbook definition of opinions running amok.
shmenge7372
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: August 03, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »

Hi - longtime lurker, first-time poster.  I truly enjoy all of the discourse on this board and just wanted to offer my two cents, for what it's worth (which I guess would be two cents as I previously stated).  On March 14, 2011, Capitol/EMI issued the a press release that stated the following:
With the full participation of original Beach Boys Al Jardine, Mike Love, and Brian Wilson, Capitol/EMI has collected and compiled the definitive collection, ‘The SMiLE Sessions,’ for worldwide release this year in multiple physical and digital configurations.
Until someone can point me to another official announcement from Capitol/EMI stating something to the contrary, I have no reason to expect otherwise.
I look forward to posting when I have something truly meaningful to contribute (hopefully it will be about the announced tracklist, etc)  Thanks for listening, er, reading.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2935 on: August 03, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »

Can't help ya, Sundance.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2936 on: August 03, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »

Stop arguing if only for the reason that when I loggged in and saw the thread had jumped up 8 pages I expected a tracklist. DAMN YOUR PETTY BICKERING, AND DAMN ITS DUCKPOND

I say it's spinach, and I say the hell with it.

Also, it's 'dickwad', not 'duckpond'. Close, mind.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:22:50 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Jason
« Reply #2937 on: August 03, 2011, 12:20:08 PM »

Yeah, on the Bluebird.

Oh noez! Not the SueStunBlueshow!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2938 on: August 03, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »

Yeah, on the Bluebird.

I'm praying with every fiber of my being that the above is a typo...  Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh!

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: August 03, 2011, 12:22:30 PM »

Hi - longtime lurker, first-time poster.  I truly enjoy all of the discourse on this board and just wanted to offer my two cents, for what it's worth (which I guess would be two cents as I previously stated).  On March 14, 2011, Capitol/EMI issued the a press release that stated the following:
With the full participation of original Beach Boys Al Jardine, Mike Love, and Brian Wilson, Capitol/EMI has collected and compiled the definitive collection, ‘The SMiLE Sessions,’ for worldwide release this year in multiple physical and digital configurations.
Until someone can point me to another official announcement from Capitol/EMI stating something to the contrary, I have no reason to expect otherwise.
I look forward to posting when I have something truly meaningful to contribute (hopefully it will be about the announced tracklist, etc)  Thanks for listening, er, reading.

Yup, when you really got back and read the press release from March this argument makes no sense  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: August 03, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »

You see what happens here when opinions run amuck?

Yes. You get a big baby who throws around phrases like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board", doesn't have the guts to admit that he was wrong when the issue is pressed further, but can do so comfortably because his little cheerleaders can pretend like it didn't happen since nothing he says could possibly be wrong. That's exactly a textbook definition of opinions running amok.
No, you get someone who wants to deal with facts or at least deal with people who put some thought into their opinions. The only persons that I see AGD respond to like you say, are the ones who post nonsense and can never back up their position. One thing with Andrew, you can always trust the information that he provides.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: August 03, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »

Best post in many pages.  Wink
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2942 on: August 03, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »

Yup, when you really got back and read the press release from March this argument makes no sense  LOL

This is The Beach Boys - sense was always optional.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: August 03, 2011, 12:25:25 PM »

Wow, best first post ever! Smiley

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2944 on: August 03, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »

You get a big baby who throws around phrases like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board", doesn't have the guts to admit that he was wrong when the issue is pressed further, but can do so comfortably because his little cheerleaders can pretend like it didn't happen since nothing he says could possibly be wrong.

Wrong board, my man - Da Hoff be dat way.

Seriously, anyone here from the original or 2nd Ego boards ?  This is... nothingCheesy
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:27:31 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

shmenge7372
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: August 03, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »

Dammit!  Nowhere to go but down from here!   LOL
Jason
« Reply #2946 on: August 03, 2011, 12:29:14 PM »

You get a big baby who throws around phrases like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board", doesn't have the guts to admit that he was wrong when the issue is pressed further, but can do so comfortably because his little cheerleaders can pretend like it didn't happen since nothing he says could possibly be wrong.

Wrong board, my man - Da Hoff be dat way.

Seriously, anyone here from the original or 2nd Ego boards ?  This is... nothingCheesy

Yeah...at least the barbs there were funny.  LOL
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:42 PM »

Man, if a silly argument can add 5 pages to this thread in a day, we're gonna crash the server once there's a tracklist released...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:33:26 PM by Chris Brown » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: August 03, 2011, 12:31:16 PM »

Hi - longtime lurker, first-time poster.  I truly enjoy all of the discourse on this board and just wanted to offer my two cents, for what it's worth (which I guess would be two cents as I previously stated).  On March 14, 2011, Capitol/EMI issued the a press release that stated the following:
I look forward to posting when I have something truly meaningful to contribute (hopefully it will be about the announced tracklist, etc)  Thanks for listening, er, reading.

Yup, when you really got back and read the press release from March this argument makes no sense  LOL
And you Sir have made the most sense on this board, all day. Thank you! Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2949 on: August 03, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »

Hi - longtime lurker, first-time poster.  I truly enjoy all of the discourse on this board and just wanted to offer my two cents, for what it's worth (which I guess would be two cents as I previously stated).  On March 14, 2011, Capitol/EMI issued the a press release that stated the following:
I look forward to posting when I have something truly meaningful to contribute (hopefully it will be about the announced tracklist, etc)  Thanks for listening, er, reading.

Dammit!  Nowhere to go but down from here!   LOL

Yeah - I'd consider retiring with a 1.000 average.  w00t!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:33:08 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx