gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 10:35:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 357 358 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1737828 times)
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: November 01, 2011, 12:31:44 PM »

I ordered mine when it was $170. Still not here, will be here by 4 at the latest. I'm so antsy.

Really Bruce Willis?
You?  
After telling everyone to relax the other day?
How ironic.

Mine came at 10:45am EST this morning..  Having the best Christmas ever.
I'll go watch "Die Hard XIV" later for yo.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: November 01, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »

Well I'm not worried that it won't be delivered, I'm just excited, I know it'll be here by 4, it's just hard to wait!

The things that I can think of to keep so far:

Smile-era Party
Vegetables celesta overdubs
Psychedelic Sounds

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Jimmie_R
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: November 01, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »

I got mine today!!  Grin Grin Grin
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: November 01, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »

I'm deleting all my boots

UM 15, 16, and 17
Secret Smile
Heroes and Villains Sessions Volume 1 and 2
Archeology

Anything to keep off those?

Deleting boots so quickly is a dumb idea imo. There are things out there that are not on the box set - that's not to criticize the job they did, it's just that only so much would fit.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: November 01, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »

I really love Tune X. Was this written by Carl? I take it is as his name is in the title! Why wasn't this developed into a song?! It sounds very like their normal stuff and also quite Beatles-y.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #8805 on: November 01, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »

Both 'barnyard' and 'tune X' are songs that I swear I heard during my childhood....no joke - they just sound so familiar to me for some reason.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
DontHateTheLove
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: November 01, 2011, 01:22:42 PM »

Hi, very longtime lurker on these boards (actually back to last winter), but just joined today (I Am posting on a portable Device so hopefully not to many mistakes!) . I haven't decided to post prior due to myself being a "truefan" only since last fall.  I began purchasing a few albums on vinyl last summer including Sunflower, Wild honey, & Pet Sounds along w/ owning a few CDs also (today/summer days, Friends/20/20, Best of..).  Since I've purchased nearly every Beach boys album on CD/Vinyl and am now quite obsessed (not as much as many of u folks however).

I was laid off from my job almost 2 months ago, & became quite paranoid I wouldn't be able to purchase the smile sessions for quite some time. (yes I shouldve pre-ordered when I still held my job).   I've been going through quite a horrible time in my life looking for a new job.  I  stressed over trying to get he box or even the 2cd version he last few weeks as I desperately hoped to find a job.  Today came as I read all the wonderful stories about others receiving their box.  I went back & forth w/ myself about trying to get one of the versions.  After long debate I decided it necessary to at least sell a few items to purchase the 2cd version.

Wow, glad I did, I have not heard all of the bootlegs of these ( not even close).  So I am that person that many are referring to when they mention "uninformed audience".  I just finished my first listen to disc 1 and I admit to tearing up a few times throughout.  I can't wait for a 2nd listen, which will begin after this post & probably w/ headphones as my roomate doesn't care for the boys (believe me, I've tried, maybe this would change his mind of he took the time to listen fully).

Anyways, I want to thank you all so much for advancing my love of this great group finally, & more importantly show my love for this album, as it has definitely brightened up a period of my life I'd soon like to forget, but now won't as it is the first time I feel I've truly heard this perfect album from start to finish.

Enjoy your listening experiences ( and I will mine again in a few minutes, plus long for that moment when I get to hear the boxset version).
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8807 on: November 01, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »

still waiting...... Angry

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: November 01, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »

Welcome DontHateTheLove....hope things pick up for you soon.  Please post more often!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: November 01, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »

Hi, very longtime lurker on these boards (actually back to last winter), but just joined today (I Am posting on a portable Device so hopefully not to many mistakes!) . I haven't decided to post prior due to myself being a "truefan" only since last fall.  I began purchasing a few albums on vinyl last summer including Sunflower, Wild honey, & Pet Sounds along w/ owning a few CDs also (today/summer days, Friends/20/20, Best of..).  Since I've purchased nearly every Beach boys album on CD/Vinyl and am now quite obsessed (not as much as many of u folks however).

I was laid off from my job almost 2 months ago, & became quite paranoid I wouldn't be able to purchase the smile sessions for quite some time. (yes I shouldve pre-ordered when I still held my job).   I've been going through quite a horrible time in my life looking for a new job.  I  stressed over trying to get he box or even the 2cd version he last few weeks as I desperately hoped to find a job.  Today came as I read all the wonderful stories about others receiving their box.  I went back & forth w/ myself about trying to get one of the versions.  After long debate I decided it necessary to at least sell a few items to purchase the 2cd version.

Wow, glad I did, I have not heard all of the bootlegs of these ( not even close).  So I am that person that many are referring to when they mention "uninformed audience".  I just finished my first listen to disc 1 and I admit to tearing up a few times throughout.  I can't wait for a 2nd listen, which will begin after this post & probably w/ headphones as my roomate doesn't care for the boys (believe me, I've tried, maybe this would change his mind of he took the time to listen fully).

Anyways, I want to thank you all so much for advancing my love of this great group finally, & more importantly show my love for this album, as it has definitely brightened up a period of my life I'd soon like to forget, but now won't as it is the first time I feel I've truly heard this perfect album from start to finish.

Enjoy your listening experiences ( and I will mine again in a few minutes, plus long for that moment when I get to hear the boxset version).

Glad you got to hear it! Hopefully your luck will turn around soon enough!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
thevigilanteoflove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: November 01, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »

Still hasn't been delivered. Just a question: If the box set is not delivered on the first even after I ordered it with two-day shipping, can I get a refund on the shipping price?
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8811 on: November 01, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »

Depends on when they actually shipped it. If you get it tomorrow and they shipped it yesterday, they'll probably tell you to take a hike because it was delivered in two days...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: November 01, 2011, 01:38:45 PM »

I too found this board recently.  How terrific!  Some great insights--a great group here.

As for the new product: Initial thought...I have no problem with the continued lack of some
main vocals.  The instrumental music itself is so rich.  (But then you know that.)
In fact, I found myself enjoying the modest amount of vocals in the completed album  
to such an extent that I was rooting for an arrangement of Good Vibrations minus some
of those keening chorus vocals ("good good good good..."). Alas, they remain.  (And that
final emphasized sound in the runout...organ?...that's unusual, no?)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: November 01, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »

2-CD set is in hand and playing at this very moment.  Grin

Box set is still "shipping soon."

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: November 01, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »

My box set has now landed in East Midlands GB from Phoenix AZ US   

No way will it take 4 days to get to Dublin, I think I might have it tomorrow or the day after  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: November 01, 2011, 01:46:08 PM »

I'd be lying if I said my eyes didn't start to tear up when I finally got to hold the deluxe box in my hands....
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: November 01, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »

I will be saying a prayer for Greg Larson tonight as I sit back and listen to this with my girlfriend, in the dark...
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: November 01, 2011, 01:57:26 PM »

For my daring to suggest that Capitol's extraordinary security measures for the "Smile" release  have caused a product shortage, I was the target of a vicious personal message from one forum member(in a message titled "Do Not Reply") which made disparaging comments about my mental health, and suggested that I undergo Psychological treatment. NO, it wasn't from Andrew Doe. There is a large group of sick individuals on the forum. Don't we have the right to disagree without personal attacks on the opponent's character or sanity?

Agreed. May I point out that harassing or personal attacks aren't allows on this board. And that goes for PM's as well. The board rules (does anyone even know we have them?: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html) are clear about that. FYI: Moderators don't check member's PM's ... unless we get notified by members being harassed "behind the screens" so to say. One might not like that idea, but be assured that we only check PM's IF there's a serious reason for it (and fortunately until now I never had a reason to do so).

And now back to discussing the most glorious day of our lives please  Smiley

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8818 on: November 01, 2011, 02:04:59 PM »

Ordered mine from Amazon. Probably will be a few days when I get it. Still waiting on the damn Disney album from them.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: November 01, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »

I will be saying a prayer for Greg Larson tonight as I sit back and listen to this with my girlfriend, in the dark...

When I read the booklet I noticed that this box set was not only dedicated to Carl, Dennis, and all those other familiar names from those who were close to the Beach Boys , but in the "thank you" notes 2 of the biggest fans who aren't amongst us anymore were also mentioned: Bob Hanes and Greg (in memoriam). A very touching gesture.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8820 on: November 01, 2011, 02:09:19 PM »

When I read the booklet I noticed that this box set was not only dedicated to Carl, Dennis, and all those other familiar names from those who were close to the Beach Boys , but in the "thank you" notes 2 of the biggest fans who aren't amongst us anymore were also mentioned: Bob Hanes and Greg (in memoriam). A very touching gesture.

Just saw that. Also had lots of Smiley Smilers on there too! I will never ever forget the joy of this day.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: November 01, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »

did anyone order the 2CD set with the T-shirt from Merch Direct?

wondering what the shirt actually looks like.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8822 on: November 01, 2011, 02:12:36 PM »

Ordered mine from Amazon. Probably will be a few days when I get it. Still waiting on the damn Disney album from them.

I'm beginning to think that you may get yours before I do.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
DontHateTheLove
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: November 01, 2011, 02:13:47 PM »

Wow, I'm not even kidding, within 10 minutes of my post here
On smiley I just received a job offer that is far
Better than my previous job!  This album is magical in more ways than one, just now starting my second listening, & I can assure you that the tears will come out this time!  This is one of the greatest days of my life, thank you for those who left the nice comments as well.  

Enjoy this great day of great music everyone!
thevigilanteoflove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: November 01, 2011, 02:15:07 PM »

Just got my 2CD set from UPS. Can't wait to listen to it. Ripping to my computer now. I work at 6, which is a bummer. But I have something to look forward to when I get back.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 357 358 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx