gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681018 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 05:49:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: place for compiling any new information on a next BB album  (Read 49524 times)
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »

The professor would like to start his first and only thread, designated for any news about a new album by the BB. This would include summaries of what we know, news that arises in any new press releases and interviews, insider information from the BB universe etc.  The previous threads on the post-reunion situation degenerated into some inappropriate personal attacks, and I want a reliable, quick place to go for real information and not for something stupid and vile and disgusting. I hope that adults and gentlemen/women can share ideas and information without profanity and vulgarity. I am not being a condescending scholar, just a fan who wants an effective board and concrete, thoughtful contributions.

I hope we can move from the indefinite article in my thread subject to a definite one. Thank you all.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »

Well, we know Brian is working on a new album. Other than that, I know of nothing concrete worth sharing as of yet...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »

Mike wants to write again with Brian.

Wheww....positive so far Prof! Grin
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »

Great start. That's exactly what we need now: clear, lean, logical, proven. I hope we can merge these two realities, Brian writing and Mike wanting to write with Brian, as more history unfolds. Thanks for the quick support and acute contributions so far. I would not start a thread unless I thought several others wanted just such an approach to the topic.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »

When's the last time anyone asked him about/he mentioned Pleasure Island? If he's gonna to a thematic rock n roll album with The Beach Boys, it would be cool if he pursued that idea.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »

Has Brian ever defined what he means by this famous rock and roll album? Didn't he say a few years back it was going to be heavy or hard rock?

To me, TWGMTR is a rock and roll album. Sure, not full of faster BB tracks of years gone by but suitable for their elder statesman title. 

An album full of tracks mixing multi track vocals at a fast clip this late in the game does concern me a bit.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 08:06:58 PM »

Someone mentioned in a recent article that he has four or so new songs.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »

Possible songs in consideration for the next album:

"Honeycomb"
"Angels in Love"
"Night Came Gently"
"Stowaway"

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »

what was the song Bruce was working on that is depicted in "doin it again" and was obviously not on capitals final cut? Was it something unreleased or redone? Stowaway is a great song (though not a rocker), and I can hear the BB harmonies in by head on it. It has a lovely, moving melodic hook.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 08:46:01 PM »

"She believes in Love again", a reworking of a track originally from BB85.

Bruce said he may one day leak the track, with tounge firmly in cheek, of course, I think.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:07:02 PM by Alholio71 » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:27:14 PM »

"Honeycomb"
"Angels in Love"
"Night Came Gently"
"Stowaway"

"Honeycomb"? Really? The same "Honeycomb" he covered in like 1974? Where'd you see/hear this? And what about "Angels in Love" and "Night Came Gently"?
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »

Angels in Love and Night Came Gently was briefly mentioned somewhere in this thread: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,13574.0.html

coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 10:34:03 PM »

"Honeycomb"? Really? The same "Honeycomb" he covered in like 1974? Where'd you see/hear this?

Brian mentioned in an interview with 60 Minutes Australia that he had an idea in his head for a new arrangement of the Jimmie Rodgers song.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:18 PM »

On Sept 16 and 17, Brian's Facebook page had pictures of Brian, Jeff and Darian in the recording studio. Captions were "Back and Work" on Brian's pic, and "Brian's Got Company: Jeff Foskett's in the house... and Darian Sahanaja. Something's going on here..."
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »

Waves of Love!!    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 12:21:07 AM »

Gotta have Proud Mary on the next album!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 02:14:06 AM »

"Honeycomb"
"Angels in Love"
"Night Came Gently"
"Stowaway"

Ah... "NCG" is a goodie.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:15:21 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 10:39:21 AM »

Leftovers, re-imaginations of published songs, solo efforts now done with full band, the remaining elements of the suite, any new songs M and Br. come up with: looks like there is a lot to chose from, much of it not being a rock album per se or in toto. Perhaps a double album or two albums--one a new, coherent rocker and a 20/20 style of various genres and authors, which could work its own magic. Staying positive.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »

Has Brian ever defined what he means by this famous rock and roll album? Didn't he say a few years back it was going to be heavy or hard rock?

I think all he said about that project (in the last few years) is that it should be Spector-like Rock'n'Roll. "That lucky old sun" was quite rocking and I think it would be something like that just not with the narratives.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »

"She believes in Love again", a reworking of a track originally from BB85.

Bruce said he may one day leak the track, with tounge firmly in cheek, of course, I think.

We did hear some clips in a interview, sounded really good! i don't have the link tho.

I think all he said about that project (in the last few years) is that it should be Spector-like Rock'n'Roll. "That lucky old sun" was quite rocking and I think it would be something like that just not with the narratives.

I remember some interview where he talked about it and mentioned Buddy Holly.

Also, wasn't there a David Marks songs offered for TWGMTR that could be use for the next record? i think it was something from his solo album.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »

yeah, that's Stowaway. Originally released on Dave's album "I Think About You Often".

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »

"Honeycomb"
"Angels in Love"
"Night Came Gently"
"Stowaway"

Ah... "NCG" is a goodie.  Smiley

Can you give a description as to what it sounds like?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »

yeah, that's Stowaway. Originally released on Dave's album "I Think About You Often".
yes,I just checked it out on Itunes and it's not bad,his voice kind of reminds me of Dennis' voice.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 09:14:56 AM »

Well, in the dramatic news of Brian's response, we get his wish to do "one last album together," so that must qualify for our thread as the most current and authoritative--and quite positive--word on the potential for the album.  Waiting for Mike to say yes, now?  What do you think?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 09:18:59 AM »

Only if he gets to co-write all of the tracks, be allowed to give Darian 6 to 9 noogies, make the second half the "My Life in Transcendental Meditation Suite" and get an assortment of shirts loud enough to be spotted with the naked eye from orbit. Act now, terms may change!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx