gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681553 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 13, 2024, 03:05:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dennis/Mike stage fight incident  (Read 20919 times)
MBE
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2007, 10:28:45 PM »

Let me just say this about the fights, Mike and Dennis both did better when the put their differences aside and made music. They wrote some fine songs together and seeing them improvise at the end of Celebrate The News on the Mike Douglas show is one of my favorite Beach Boys moments.  It is too bad it escalated into violence but I also think they did care about each other in a strange way and were better for having the other to compete with creatively.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:33:14 AM by MBE » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2007, 11:41:08 PM »

Dennis had to have met Shawn earlier than that. At the July 5th, 1981 show in Long Beach, Dennis shouted out "I love Shawn!" during "Help Me Rhonda". On a related note, I'm surprised that Mike didn't beat the living merda out of Dennis on that occasion.  Cheesy

Hmmm...I've always thought he shouted out "I love this song!"...but maybe not.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2007, 08:07:08 PM »

Dennis had to have met Shawn earlier than that. At the July 5th, 1981 show in Long Beach, Dennis shouted out "I love Shawn!" during "Help Me Rhonda". On a related note, I'm surprised that Mike didn't beat the living merda out of Dennis on that occasion.  Cheesy

Hmmm...I've always thought he shouted out "I love this song!"...but maybe not.

Watch the dvd, or listen to the recording again. About 10 seconds after Dennis made the comment, he also said "I love you Shawnie".

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx