gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681504 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 07:34:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again  (Read 193464 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:31 AM »

Am i the only one uncomfortable with the beachboys_fr's whole proposal/scenario on here?

I think beachboys_fr gave a plausible explanation why he's doing it this way. It's easy to say that you or I would have done it otherwise, but if one's really in that position, I'm sure you'd give it a good thought as well. He knows that it's not just the complete fanbase around here (and elsewhere), but also BRI & co. If this proposal feels comfortable for him, than that's the way it should be. He could also have chosen not to mention it at all or not share even 1 second of it.

As for me personally: of course I would have liked to hear the song already, hor even a minute. But I also don't have anything on bb_fr's wishlist. So be it. You can't always get what you want...

I think you've misunderstood. If anyone wants to trade away their CDs for a 60second snippet, then that's their problem. My discomfort comes mainly from the fact that he is doing it ON THIS BOARD. I don't want this board to get shut down for hosting and abetting his trade. Bought the CD legally? My arse! If the promos aren't legally supposed to be sold/traded, and they remain the property of the record company (as they often are), then it doesn't matter where bb_fr bought it from. There can still be legal action.
Not to mention the fact that original silver pressed bootleg cd's are included in the "deal".  If WIBNTLA isn't on MIC, you can be sure that somebody will somehow leak the short clip, making the deal even more shady when you realise that people will have lost their cd's for nothing.

Yeah yeah yeah, you're both so caring about the rest of us.
If you don't want to participate/don't have anything to trade, don't do it.Don't give me your bullshit high and mighty, I'm so concerned about the board. He''s not doing any trading/selling/whatever on the board. he responded to all the whiny pleading posters with a proposal to contact him off the board, and he's clarified his statements in response to questions raised. Plus, he's not sending out the whole song! For all anyone here knows, he might be sampling several spots to make a 1 minute snippet. 
Please let it go.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Nicko1234
« Reply #726 on: April 23, 2013, 06:15:08 AM »

people will have lost their cd's for nothing.

Didn't he say that he was going to pay for those CDs as well?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 23, 2013, 06:36:58 AM »

Am i the only one uncomfortable with the beachboys_fr's whole proposal/scenario on here?

I think beachboys_fr gave a plausible explanation why he's doing it this way. It's easy to say that you or I would have done it otherwise, but if one's really in that position, I'm sure you'd give it a good thought as well. He knows that it's not just the complete fanbase around here (and elsewhere), but also BRI & co. If this proposal feels comfortable for him, than that's the way it should be. He could also have chosen not to mention it at all or not share even 1 second of it.

As for me personally: of course I would have liked to hear the song already, or even a minute. But I also don't have anything on bb_fr's wishlist. So be it. You can't always get what you want...

I think you've misunderstood. If anyone wants to trade away their CDs for a 60second snippet, then that's their problem. My discomfort comes mainly from the fact that he is doing it ON THIS BOARD. I don't want this board to get shut down for hosting and abetting his trade. Bought the CD legally? My arse! If the promos aren't legally supposed to be sold/traded, and they remain the property of the record company (as they often are), then it doesn't matter where bb_fr bought it from. There can still be legal action.

Yes, suppose there could be. It would be the pinnacle of stupidity for BRI to do so but I suppose it could happen. police

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 23, 2013, 06:37:46 AM »

people will have lost their cd's for nothing.

Didn't he say that he was going to pay for those CDs as well?

yes, he did.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #729 on: April 23, 2013, 12:11:07 PM »

Why on earth would anyone want to hear only a single minute of a song? Surely that would arguably be even more frustrating than not being able to hear the song at all?? Honestly, it'd just drive me nuts wanting to hear what comes next/came before. Either give me the song in full or don't bloody bother (and that goes for MIC compilers and egotistical board members)!
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 23, 2013, 12:47:06 PM »

Patience is in order here. If it is THAT good....it will be on the MIC box

If it runs amuck, call the duck
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: April 23, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »

What he said.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: April 23, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »

Bought the CD legally? My arse! If the promos aren't legally supposed to be sold/traded, and they remain the property of the record company (as they often are), then it doesn't matter where bb_fr bought it from. There can still be legal action.

Correct - BRI holds the copyright on the CDR, and the song, so unless bb_fr has their express and written consent to 'leak' a 60 second clip in any way or form, what is being proposed is illegal and actionable. However, as BRI monitor this board (and don't give me any "how do you know ?" sh*t - they do: fact) and have, as yet, said/done nothing, perchance they're waiting to see if anyone takes the bait... which in itself is a pretty dumb thing to do, given that the chances of the track being on the forthcoming box are, in my opinion (and that of others here, notably one Reum, P.) are on the excellent side of likely.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 23, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »

yeah and it's illegal to sell bootlegs, and yet it still happens all the time. and folks talk about boots here all the time, also.
If no one completes a trade, that's the loss of the parties involved; but if BRI was going to attempt to shut this site down, over the mentions of the one track, they'd have done so by now. 
  The BBs/BRI can't even remember where they keep all their stuff, so it ends up being sold for scrap prices from storage bins; and someone should worry about a possible prosecution from them? Please. This borders on the ridiculous

My take: Loaf can't work a trade, so he doesn't want anyone to have a chance at an advance listen prior to MIC and AGD already has his advance acetate for MIC...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 23, 2013, 03:24:05 PM »

The only reason I want it leaked is so people making their stupid fantasy Surf's Up tracklistings can say they've actually heard the song
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »

The only reason I want it leaked is so people making their stupid fantasy Surf's Up tracklistings can say they've actually heard the song

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 23, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 23, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »

Wow.  You put the crab in crabby.

Maybe you'd feel better if you stopped forcing yourself to listen to Student Demonstration Time.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 23, 2013, 04:38:59 PM »

The BBs/BRI can't even remember where they keep all their stuff, so it ends up being sold for scrap prices from storage bins; and someone should worry about a possible prosecution from them? Please. This borders on the ridiculous

My take: Loaf can't work a trade, so he doesn't want anyone to have a chance at an advance listen prior to MIC and AGD already has his advance acetate for MIC...

LOL LOL LOL

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 23, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »

Wow.  You put the crab in crabby.

Maybe you'd feel better if you stopped forcing yourself to listen to Student Demonstration Time.

if u aint down with "wouldnt i tb nice to live again", you must LUV "studen demonstration time" and "wrinkLES" (SECRETLY ABOUT MIKE LOVE'S LOSS OF GENITALS [HE NICKNAMED HIS DICK WRINKKLES] AND NOT A DOG IN FACT) you UNSOPHISTICATED FUCKING CUR

the LIVING SOUNDS OF MATHEMATICS, YOU FUCKING IGNORANT DOTARD.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:51:09 PM by runnersdialzero! » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 23, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »

T'aint gonna do no good.

By the way: 'mon the Poll Tax.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 23, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »

if u aint down with "wouldnt i tb nice to live again", you must LUV "studen demonstration time" and "wrinkLES" (SECRETLY ABOUT MIKE LOVE'S LOSS OF GENITALS [HE NICKNAMED HIS DICK WRINKKLES] AND NOT A DOG IN FACT) you UNSOPHISTICATED FUCKING CUR

Now THATS a notable 4000th post. Congrats! Grin

Necessity knows no law
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 23, 2013, 05:45:57 PM »

you don't take that personally at all.  good for you.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:52:25 PM by TV Forces » Logged
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 24, 2013, 06:23:42 AM »

Doetard?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: April 24, 2013, 08:34:54 AM »

Doetard?

Very funny. Ha ha ha. Now go f*** yourself. I've had a sh*t working day, a sh*t last few weeks and yes, I really needed an inbecilic comment like that one right now, so thank you so very much. Now go f*** yourself again.

Note to mods: no need to ban me, I'll delete my profile once I can work up the enthusiasm to be bothered.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:39:03 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 24, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »

Doetard?

Very funny. Ha ha ha. Now go f*** yourself. I've had a sh*t working day, a sh*t last few weeks and yes, I really needed an inbecilic comment like that one right now, so thank you so very much. Now go f*** yourself again.

Note to mods: no need to ban me, I'll delete my profile once I can work up the enthusiasm to be bothered.

Err....what just happened?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 24, 2013, 08:45:38 AM »

Bad Vibrations

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
beachboys_fr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »

Doetard?

Before to delete your profile, please make a deal.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 24, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »

He should know about deals since he works as a bookie and everything....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 24, 2013, 09:19:43 AM »

Smiley Smile Forum box set includ.

Bad Vibrations
Do You Wanna Fight
Wouldnt it Be Nice (To be on topic again)
Flame's Up
Here Today (Banned Tomorrow)

etc etc.  Roll Eyes

Necessity knows no law
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx