gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:40:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841632 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: July 17, 2020, 09:10:01 PM »

Possibly. Probably. Most likely LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 18, 2020, 05:06:14 PM »

I am still sitting here waiting for the online sessionography we were supposed to get with MiC.  LOL
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 18, 2020, 06:20:45 PM »

It might be the Mandela effect, but I swear I remember reading it being part of a comp of the same name along with different mixes of some tracks, in Andrew Doe's book. Course I no longer have it so I can't double check.
x

I’m going to guess Mandela because both versions of this set had different mixes/versions for various songs. Could that be what you’re thinking of, Billy C?
I think perhaps in my case I might have confused it with San Miguel.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 18, 2020, 10:38:35 PM »

Yeah....Too many San Miguels confuses me at times as well. Grin  Beer Beer Beer
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 11:47:53 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 27, 2020, 01:14:37 PM »

Really hoped we would have had some official word on this by now. I'd kill for a track list - not literally.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 27, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »

Really hoped we would have had some official word on this by now. I'd kill for a track list - not literally.
Just take off your facemask and breathe on the person who's got it  LOL LOL
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 27, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »

FEEL FLOWS

Completed.
Liners.
Tracklisting.
Artwork.
Mixed.
Mastered.

Heaven on Earth.
I wish you all had it in your ears.
It was the greatest labor of love.
It's what the world needs now.

And y'know what???
With the Peter Jackson thing on ice for a year -- the BB's (finally) would get ALL the attention, ALL the dough, and ALL the love.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: July 27, 2020, 03:01:40 PM »

FEEL FLOWS

Completed.
Liners.
Tracklisting.
Artwork.
Mixed.
Mastered.

Heaven on Earth.

And y'know what???
With the Peter Jackson thing on ice for a year -- the BB's (finally) would get ALL the attention, ALL the dough, and ALL the love.

To those who have worked on this, thank you! (And a simple thank you doesn't do any of that work justice, I know).

To those that can make this thing happen to actually get it in our hands, do it! Now's the perfect time. NOW. Nothing will make this better or better-timed if it happens a year from now.

For that matter, and I'm just going purely off of my educated guess based on past years' "copyright extension" drops, I'd have to imagine if they *don't* get this box out by the end of year, they'd presumably have to part some of the tracks out and do a momentum-killing digital download drop on like December 30th that just cherry picks the stuff that *has* to be released. I can't imagine why the band wouldn't know this, but doing it that way would kill the momentum of the full boxed set (not to mention annoying/alienating fans who will buy the digital stuff and then re-buy that same material on the box at a later date).

Get this thing out now! Make it a November/December drop; it's got to be possible. Announce it ASAP. Drop digital singles to Spotify and YouTube and hype this thing! Make other bloated boxed sets look bad!

We're not getting any younger.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 27, 2020, 03:57:05 PM »

FEEL FLOWS

Completed.
Liners.
Tracklisting.
Artwork.
Mixed.
Mastered.

Heaven on Earth.

And y'know what???

Is this a confirmation of the name? I can't remember if that was confirmed yet or not. Regardless, thanks for keeping us updated on this, and I can't wait to hear it all. Especially anything that has to do with 'A Day In The Life Of A Tree'!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: July 27, 2020, 04:56:30 PM »

So the question still remains why is it still sitting on the shelf to the point where there hasn't even been a projected time frame for a release.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #660 on: July 27, 2020, 06:17:09 PM »

From my industry sources, Feel Flows had numerous projected release dates that were pushed at the last minute. The buzz is that this is the logical third part of the Pet Sounds / Smile "triptych," with the "1970/71" package showing the entire band at their best as songwriters and producers. If BRI wants to capitalize on, or monetize their assets, missing this moment with THIS material will screw up the next five years. No doubt.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: July 27, 2020, 06:52:28 PM »

FEEL FLOWS

Completed.
Liners.
Tracklisting.
Artwork.
Mixed.
Mastered.

Heaven on Earth.

And y'know what???

Awesome..:looking forward to it 😎

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 27, 2020, 09:29:29 PM »

FEEL FLOWS

Completed.
Liners.
Tracklisting.
Artwork.
Mixed.
Mastered.

Heaven on Earth.

And y'know what???

To those who have worked on this, thank you! (And a simple thank you doesn't do any of that work justice, I know).

To those that can make this thing happen to actually get it in our hands, do it! Now's the perfect time. NOW. Nothing will make this better or better-timed if it happens a year from now.

For that matter, and I'm just going purely off of my educated guess based on past years' "copyright extension" drops, I'd have to imagine if they *don't* get this box out by the end of year, they'd presumably have to part some of the tracks out and do a momentum-killing digital download drop on like December 30th that just cherry picks the stuff that *has* to be released. I can't imagine why the band wouldn't know this, but doing it that way would kill the momentum of the full boxed set (not to mention annoying/alienating fans who will buy the digital stuff and then re-buy that same material on the box at a later date).

Get this thing out now! Make it a November/December drop; it's got to be possible. Announce it ASAP. Drop digital singles to Spotify and YouTube and hype this thing! Make other bloated boxed sets look bad!

We're not getting any younger.

You are so right.

I hope it's not some silly, overthinking record label/political nonsense that is causing a delay. If they are looking for "the perfect" time to release it for maximum sales, there's no better time than the present. All rules are out the window in the era that we live in right now, that's for sure.

I do wonder what could be causing the delay, though.

But in any case, I'm overjoyed that this is going to come out. It sounds like this is going to be another real legacy game changer.

This could be just what the world needs right now, some beautiful healing unheard vintage BBs music.
Conspiracy Jim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 28, 2020, 03:28:11 AM »

Genuinely excited for this. If Made In California's trove of unreleased tracks was an hors d'oeuvre, I'm guessing this is two main courses and possibly dessert.
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 28, 2020, 04:28:03 AM »

If Mr Linett's statement about an autumn release still holds true, and since the box is now apparently complete, we may be seeing something about it in the coming month. The first Beach Boys product to be officially mentioned beforehand since that Royal Philharmonic Orchestra album two years back.

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
The Nearest Faraway Place
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 28, 2020, 10:34:57 AM »

My gut is still telling me it’ll be around record store day, so late November. Mainly because, seeing as there is, you know, a deadly pandemic, people on that day will be more likely to go online, and if the BBs release a brand new five disc plus vinyl set on that day, people will be more likely to buy it. Also, in 2015, they released the party set a week before record store day. So that could be likely as well.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 28, 2020, 10:56:06 AM »

My gut is still telling me it’ll be around record store day, so late November. Mainly because, seeing as there is, you know, a deadly pandemic, people on that day will be more likely to go online, and if the BBs release a brand new five disc plus vinyl set on that day, people will be more likely to buy it. Also, in 2015, they released the party set a week before record store day. So that could be likely as well.

Maybe that's it. If they are looking to try to capitalize on people being sympathetic towards record stores being driven even further out of business by the pandemic, maybe they think they will get extra sales that way. But I'm sure the price of the set will be somewhat hefty, so I'm not sure that's going to make much of a difference to get people to make an impulse buy.

Hardcore fans are either going to buy it or they're not going to buy it. (Hopefully they will!)

And this box set needs some proper press and promotion. No doubt there will be viral promotion, where fans are going to be gushing about it online, and people will hear about it that way. But I sure hope that the powers that be go the extra mile to get it some press in bigger publications. I'm sure this material deserves it. And the brand deserves positive press to get various antics the brand has been associated with during 2020 out of people's minds.

Nevertheless, the record store day theory might be the reason why there's a delay. Or perhaps one of several reasons. Inquiring minds want to know.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:59:45 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: July 28, 2020, 11:07:06 AM »

October-November is the most likely release date now, according to sources.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 28, 2020, 11:49:21 AM »

Maybe that's it. If they are looking to try to capitalize on people being sympathetic towards record stores being driven even further out of business by the pandemic, maybe they think they will get extra sales that way. But I'm sure the price of the set will be somewhat hefty, so I'm not sure that's going to make much of a difference to get people to make an impulse buy.

Hardcore fans are either going to buy it or they're not going to buy it. (Hopefully they will!)

And this box set needs some proper press and promotion. No doubt there will be viral promotion, where fans are going to be gushing about it online, and people will hear about it that way. But I sure hope that the powers that be go the extra mile to get it some press in bigger publications. I'm sure this material deserves it. And the brand deserves positive press to get various antics the brand has been associated with during 2020 out of people's minds.

Nevertheless, the record store day theory might be the reason why there's a delay. Or perhaps one of several reasons. Inquiring minds want to know.
I mean, I think it makes some sense. If people go to the record store, and there’s a whole bunch of discounts, and they’re browsing and see a brand spanking new fire 5 CD 2LP beach boys set, They would have a good reason to buy it.
Also, maybe I’m being too optimistic, but I’m really hoping that it has a version that has all five CDs, with the albums and all the new material on them, and then to LPs both with the new remixed Sunflower and Surfs Upalbums on them. Easily worth $129-149
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 28, 2020, 11:52:34 AM »

Honestly, the only thing I’m worried about is them messing up a remix to All I Wanna Do.
I have faith, but every other track seems pretty easy to remix. For example, there’s not a lot of ways to mess up a forever remix, or a tears in the morning remix. But All I Wanna Do is such an intricate and produce to perfection song, but if done even slightly wrong, a new remix can Destroy the mood and feeling of the original.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: July 28, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »

Folks, I really think you've got think about this and also re-read some previous posts.

My advice would be to assume at the moment that this is *not* on any release schedule, that it's sitting there waiting to be released and that a number of opportunities could be missed or bungled if this set continues to be held (and obviously even more so if it just never comes out). As previously mentioned, if the box doesn't come out before year-end, they'll probably have to barf out another last-minute minimalist digital drop of *only* the material that has to be released before year end. Best case scenario at that point is that momentum and publicity is lost if/when a big box actually comes out. Worst case, and this is just my guess about one possibility, is that the box never happens because whatever/whomever is currently holding up the box would then just point out that the stuff that *has* to be released has already been released.

Read some previous posts.

From my industry sources, Feel Flows had numerous projected release dates that were pushed at the last minute.

What has happened thus far doesn't appear to just be the normal cycle for releasing such sets. The dates getting pushed is *not*, as far as I've been made aware, due to packaging issues or COVID delays.

This set has been done and is getting back-burnered. We need to let the band and other powers that be know that this set is heavily desired, and it would be best to get this thing out *now* (meaning this year), that that this material *DESERVES* this type of treatment rather than a December 31st Spotify dump of a hand full of tracks.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #671 on: July 28, 2020, 12:52:42 PM »

So it's someone in the band holding it up, or the label? That's all that can be assumed right now.

I guess people like me are remembering back 25 years to when the Pet Sounds Sessions was also reported as "ready to go" multiple times and then it got held up for reasons that were reported fell squarely on a band member's objections to the liner notes. I really hope that isn't the case here. But deja vu is feeling strong on this one, which is why it would be good to at least get an update.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: July 28, 2020, 01:05:27 PM »

I dunno, but considering Capitol/Universal has put out previous BB sets, and my own gut that they'd have no problem releasing a set that's just sitting there finished waiting to be released, I don't think someone would be out of line for guessing/assuming it's not the label that's holding things up.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 28, 2020, 01:14:58 PM »

That's as a good a guess as any. This is a period of the BB's career when all members were contributing, well, maybe not equally, but it's the closest they ever came to that. So does someone still feel that they are being underrepresented?
Well, if all else fails, they can give us another Pet Sounds box. The 25th anniversary of the 30th anniversary box set.  LOL Wink
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 28, 2020, 02:23:47 PM »

Well, if all else fails, they can give us another Pet Sounds box. The 25th anniversary of the 30th anniversary box set.  LOL Wink
That reminds me of something Pete Townshend said during the Who show I saw last year. At one point he mentioned that it the was the 30th anniversary of their 25th anniversary tour.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx