gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681467 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 02:32:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian to release a 7" vinyl single for Record Store Day 2015  (Read 8227 times)
Jim Murphy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »

"The Right Time" backed with "Sail Away" on Capitol Records.  Pretty cool, heh? 

Record Store Day in the U.S. is April 18, 2015.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »

Wonderful!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:37:06 PM »

Yes!! This will be a must have!! Wondering if it will be a different mix or the album version. Either way, it's all cool.  w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 12:41:32 PM »

Uh, well, what's the big deal about this, other than maybe different graphics ?
The LP arrives the 7th, so we'll have both  tracks 11 days prior; unless they both turn out to be alternate mixes, it's something that should be released March 31st

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 12:54:11 PM »

Fantastic!  Can't wait to get one. Record Store Day is lots of fun for me, and having a new Brian seven inch in my collection is something exciting to look forward to. Bring on the vinyls!
Jim Murphy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 12:55:10 PM »

The big deal is, if you buy the single, Brian will come to your house and play it on your very own turntable.  AND . . . he brings a cheese pizza.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 01:14:32 PM »

The big deal is, if you buy the single, Brian will come to your house and play it on your very own turntable.  AND . . . he brings a cheese pizza.

If the deal includes Joe bringing the pizza, I'm in

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 01:16:07 PM »

He'd prolly insist on it being deep-dish. My NJness recoils in horror of the thought of such Chicago abominations.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »

The LP arrives the 7th, so we'll have both  tracks 11 days prior; unless they both turn out to be alternate mixes, it's something that should be released March 31st

Trying to think of any other BB/related RSD release that was an otherwise unavailable mix... coming up blank.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 01:18:55 PM »

It would've been nice if they went with:

"The Right Time" b/w "Sail Away (Live)"
D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 01:25:26 PM »

So it will be a "Brian and Alan" single.  That would seem to be a proper attribution
for the single, what with singles usually stressing the singer(s) as artists.

At this point, one might construct a nice album of "Brian and Alan".
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 01:31:32 PM »

Wasnt Friends a capella a Record Store single ?   It might count as a special mix.....
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 02:02:41 PM »

No... that was released in aid of the Japanese earthquake/tsunami disaster in 2011.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »

He'd prolly insist on it being deep-dish. My NJness recoils in horror of the thought of such Chicago abominations.

I'm a NYer who had deep dish in Washington DC and liked it...

But NY style IS the only true pie.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »

If the deal includes Joe bringing the pizza, I'm in
Joe's bringing a 6-er of Bud Lite

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »

It's vinyl and it's a collectible, you dummy! It's right up your alley - marketed and directed at guys like you in mind with cash to burn! Quit whining!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 03:35:25 PM »

Is anyone concerned about auto tune being used here?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 04:30:12 PM »

If it's vinyl it'll likely be 180gm analogue auto tune done with valves. You won't hear it unless dust collects under the laser when you plug it into your CD player. The hybrid dual layer Super Analogue 45rpm version will have both analogue and digital auto tune, which will cancel each other out when played at 33rpm. It's a technical thing.

“We live in divisive times.”
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 05:03:38 PM »

If it's vinyl it'll likely be 180gm analogue auto tune done with valves. You won't hear it unless dust collects under the laser when you plug it into your CD player. The hybrid dual layer Super Analogue 45rpm version will have both analogue and digital auto tune, which will cancel each other out when played at 33rpm. It's a technical thing.

Glad you could sort that out for me john.   I would have been obsessing about it when after all the two versions were mutually canceling.     It sounds like the new Super High Intensity Tone   Module or, in industry slang , the sh*t module.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 10:22:37 PM »

I keep seeing the titles of these songs on the single and thinking "nighttime is The Right Time, it's starlight time..." and "Sail Away" is either a Randy Newman song or a remake of the second track from Orange Crate Art.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 02:22:07 AM »

Are you not an American or English music fan, or what? You must be Canadian, Asian, or other European, otherwise you would understand what a "Record Store Day" release is.

When all else fails, search Google (or Yahoo, or more likely, "AskJeeves", (because apparently Record Store Day is something too complicated for you), if your dinosaur ass doesn't understand the release of this particular single on this particular date) for "Record Store Day".

To save your old & likely not long for this world self some time: Record Store Day is a day when many bands and artists release singles in limited quantities and/or formats not regularly found in stores, to help boost sales of what the general population/record company people consider a dying medium. This particular "Right Time/Sail Away" single is being released on April 18th to help provide a source of income to an independent record store that likely isn't getting the kind of business it was getting back when non-digital formats were the way people listened to music.

I hope this helps, grandpa.

No mas, por favor.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 04:05:17 AM »

Rock!

Any other day something is announced that further solidifies 2015 as THE Brian Wilson year. Cheesy
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 05:26:54 AM »

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:29:19 AM by bgas » Logged

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 06:11:10 AM »

The "Don't Fight the Sea/Friends" single was not a "Record Store Day" release, but it was kind of marketed/publicized around that same date. From one of the blurbs at the time: 

The single will be available on Tuesday, April 19th. With some advanced copies being brought to International Record Store Day appearances by Al Jardine, where he will be signing the new Beach Boys SMiLE vinyl release on April 16th…and auctioning off a few of the Red Cross singles.

In any event, I would guess the new Brian single does not have unique mixes. A lot of "Record Store Day" items seems to be kind of novelty items, more "collector" pieces than unique vinyl-only items. One can easily find online a lot of discussions about how the whole event has turned into a chance for eBay "flippers" to snag stuff more than a chance for collectors and indie record stores to help each other. It is true that the stuff sometimes gets flipped on eBay for insane mark-ups, especially if the item is produced in truly low numbers and does actually have unique mixes or other items.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 07:26:37 AM »

Are you not an American or English music fan, or what? You must be Canadian, Asian, or other European, otherwise you would understand what a "Record Store Day" release is.

When all else fails, search Google (or Yahoo, or more likely, "AskJeeves", (because apparently Record Store Day is something too complicated for you), if your dinosaur ass doesn't understand the release of this particular single on this particular date) for "Record Store Day".

To save your old & likely not long for this world self some time: Record Store Day is a day when many bands and artists release singles in limited quantities and/or formats not regularly found in stores, to help boost sales of what the general population/record company people consider a dying medium. This particular "Right Time/Sail Away" single is being released on April 18th to help provide a source of income to an independent record store that likely isn't getting the kind of business it was getting back when non-digital formats were the way people listened to music.

I hope this helps, grandpa.

SCORCH!!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx