gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681508 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 11:42:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars- RIP Casey Kasem  (Read 1035 times)
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »

That great radio voice passed away this Father's Day morning. I know I spent many many hours listening to American Top 40 and Kasem's familiar voice and comforting tone was always welcome in my home. I'm sure many people on this board grew up with a strong connection to radio and probably shared this same experience with me. Thanks, Mr. Kasem.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 10:05:28 AM »

RIP

Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »

Casey's unmistakable voice will be missed. I ever missed American Top 40 on the radio or Dick Clark's American Bandstand on the TV.  I depended on these two legends to keep me up to date on the hottest hits. Now, they are both gone.

RIP Casey.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 02:15:41 PM »

Used to listen to him all the time like everyone else, he's the unmistakeable voice of the countdown shows... anytime everybody ever does one people will always think of Casey.

Has anybody ever heard his rant that he did about a dedication song they were asking him to play?  Apparently he could be pretty feisty to work with at times.  I'm sure that passion helped make the show so good... and perfect. 

He'll be missed!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx