-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 07:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Royal Wedding Beach Boys Song list??
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Royal Wedding Beach Boys Song list??  (Read 6395 times)
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 02:06:34 AM »

Royal Wedding today and I'm in Windsor watching it on the big screen Smiley. What songs would u pick out for the day?. My Dianne comes to mind. What else guys??
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:11:02 AM »

Oh jesus, it made it onto this board. Blasted wedding.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:21:01 AM »

Killer Queen

Shotgun Wedding

Matrimony

The Ties That Bind

I Won't Take No For An Answer

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:36:47 AM »

To each his own. I gotta ask, though: Why does anyone give a flying f*** about the 'Royal' wedding?
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:43:22 AM »

To each his own. I gotta ask, though: Why does anyone give a flying foder about the 'Royal' wedding?

I don't. I find all of it a poor substitute for religion. And to think that hundreds or thousands of people have been camping outside of the Cathedral for days now, already... but well, royalty fandom is completely irrational...

...as is shelling out big $$$ for a box of music that is unfinished and shall remain so...

letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 02:58:49 AM »

Ok just to let u guys know its only 20mins train ride for me and its all free outdoor event. I wasn't waiting for hours just hopped on the train having a great time.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »

Killer Queen

Shotgun Wedding

Matrimony

The Ties That Bind

I Won't Take No For An Answer

You forgot "God Save the Queen"!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 03:10:15 AM »

To each his own. I gotta ask, though: Why does anyone give a flying foder about the 'Royal' wedding?

I don't. I find all of it a poor substitute for religion. And to think that hundreds or thousands of people have been camping outside of the Cathedral for days now, already... but well, royalty fandom is completely irrational...

...as is shelling out big $$$ for a box of music that is unfinished and shall remain so...

LOL

Flatmate is blasting the live coverage out. And squealing on occasion. I CAN'T ESCAPE.

I'm only twenty minutes away too, but I HAVE TOO MUCH TO DO. And weddings are boring affairs.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 03:44:27 AM »

Some folk camp out all night for the royals. We might camp out all night for Brian if he was playing nearby. Last big royal wedding was around '82, right? Suppose BW only played once every two decades  -  you'd be on the pavement i your sleeping bag!

Each of their own -  got it on the TV now as background while I work; the choral music is stunning.

So to answer Letsmakeit31's original question I'd have to throw Our Prayer into the pot.  In fact the abbey choir could more than do it justice.

“We live in divisive times.”
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 03:44:58 AM »

Paying how many £1000's of taxpayer's money during a recession to pay for security so these dorks can tie the knot?

Hey f#*k it at least we all got a day off work because of it!!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 03:58:19 AM »

YOU might have the day off work my friend…  Angry Undecided

letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 04:08:11 AM »

How about Can't wait too long? Lol. Loving this in Windsor feeling the love
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:26 AM »

YOU might have the day off work my friend…  Angry Undecided

Ditto.

It costs an awful lot in lost revenue for businesses also, which is questionable during this recession. Don't understand why they couldn't have held it on the next bank holiday i.e. Monday. Bank holidays are a general p in the a for me as I'm freelance and don't get paid to take the day off - The last thing I need is more of them!

Anyway, rant over. I also have it on in the background and agree about the amazing choral music.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 05:12:01 AM »

It might have cost in Tax Payers money to host the event but how much investment has it brought into Britain in terms of TV rights, tourism, economy etc?

It's not a big white elephant like the Olympics or depressing event like last years World Cup...

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 05:44:30 AM »

It might have cost in Tax Payers money to host the event but how much investment has it brought into Britain in terms of TV rights, tourism, economy etc?

It's not a big white elephant like the Olympics or depressing event like last years World Cup...

You got a point. According to early morning TV, about 3 billion people around the world are watching/have been watching. I am therefore one of a select few, I guess.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 05:49:11 AM »

With such an audience, I'm surprised no-one thought "sponsorship opportunity" and had them travel to the abbey in a Coke truck!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 06:56:29 AM »

With such an audience, I'm surprised no-one thought "sponsorship opportunity" and had them travel to the abbey in a Coke truck!

Yeah, Like they ever worry about where their money comes from! 
 here we're only supporting Congress and the president, perhaps not quite as lavishly as the queen.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »

Yeah, Like they ever worry about where their money comes from! 
 here we're only supporting Congress and the president, perhaps not quite as lavishly as the queen.

... with wonderful occasions such as the State Opening of the President's Birth Certificate!   Grin

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 07:14:29 AM »

Just because the words "Beach Boys" are in the topic, doesn't mean this really belongs here.

And to the Sandbox we go.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
chris.metcalfe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 07:17:05 AM »

the choral music is stunning.

So to answer Letsmakeit31's original question I'd have to throw Our Prayer into the pot.  In fact the abbey choir could more than do it justice.

The Abbey choir could sing that in their sleep.
The music and acoustic were fabulous. Even the new John Rutter anthem (and I'm not normally a fan).
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 07:33:14 AM »

My song list:

Forever - in honor of how long this coverage has been taking place....
In The Parkin' Lot - as in If I go to another website that has an automatic live stream of this wedding, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that I'll try and get run over by a car.
Do You Like Worms? - No, but I like watching a wedding of two people of whom I have no personal connection with.
Time To Get Alone - a token of appreciation to everyone avoiding any form of mainstream media today just to stay away from this farce.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: