-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Is it just me...?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it just me...?  (Read 32824 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 11:53:03 PM »

Didn't know there were so many people here that weren't bb fans.

Wow...so you're saying that anybody who does not agree with you is not a BB fan? In that case, thanks for proving my point. I mean, sh*t, I've spent the last 16 years collecting any BB related recordings that still exist (released and otherwise) and have been on these boards just as long...I went to one of Brian's shows a couple of days after burying my first child...and all this time I thought I was a Beach Boys fan. Huh.

So what does that make me? A Herman's Hermits fan?!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:56:39 PM by Billy C » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2011, 06:32:10 AM »

I'm very glad to see Smile is getting released but frankly the disscussions about which fragment Brian intended to put wth that fragment and what was intended for what suite and the running order of the tracks intended put me to sleep after a day or two.

For me it's the overanalyzing of the Smile lyrics, and the pissiness if one doesn't agree.

It's very tempting to post my theory - backed to the hilt by a rigorous examination of the lyrics, of course - that "You're Welcome" is nothing less than a blatant invitation to group sex. Well, it's sooooooooooooooo obvious, isn't it ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 06:33:34 AM »

Because bb fan is defined as...

Anyone that Fishmonk says, and you'd best not argue because dammit HE KNOWS.  Grin

Remember, it's not only the Bloo that has its share of malcontents, idiots, clueless wonders and sheep.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:36:01 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 06:59:51 AM »

Remember, it's not only the Bloo that has its share of malcontents, idiots, clueless wonders and sheep.

Just like the cover of Pet Sounds!

Oh...that was goats....meh...that joke was baaaaaaaad Wink

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 08:19:23 AM »

I'm very glad to see Smile is getting released but frankly the disscussions about which fragment Brian intended to put wth that fragment and what was intended for what suite and the running order of the tracks intended put me to sleep after a day or two.

For me it's the overanalyzing of the Smile lyrics, and the pissiness if one doesn't agree.

It's very tempting to post my theory - backed to the hilt by a rigorous examination of the lyrics, of course - that "You're Welcome" is nothing less than a blatant invitation to group sex. Well, it's sooooooooooooooo obvious, isn't it ?

VERY; but you forgot the part about it being water showers ( in the well)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 09:43:23 AM »

Personally, I count each separate Beach Boy singing as a separate authorial voice, which means 6 invitations to 'come' (or 'cum', 'kum' 'cume' 'com' (but intentionally said wrong in an example of Van Dyke's wordplay?), times the two, possibly three overdubs into 18 separate protagonists welcoming you to 'come', or in layman's terms,  just a standard tuesday night round Dennis' house.

This is in no small way intended to make up for my own ludricously pretentious contribution to the thread in question.  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 09:45:45 AM »

Hmmm... first time in the Sandbox and already I feel like poppin' a beer (actually pouring a nice pint of Ilkley Brewery's Mary Jane into a glass with a handle) and putting my feet on the table, lighting a pipe (if I smoked one) and just chillin'. Or relaxing, as we say in England.

As to Jay's initial comment at the start of this thread, I agree, I concur.

Suspect that some folk are perhaps even having arguments with themselves under different monikers (our noble admins will know whether this be true I suspect).

But what a nice place the Sandbox is  -  love the curtains!

“We live in divisive times.”
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »

I love active BB dicussion but there is not one thread in the main forum that I'm smart enough to reply to..

So I just watch  Cool
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:41:44 AM by Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »

This board needs a Troll Image Mike thread. It has needed it for a long time.

This thread was funnier when that was the direction it was heading in.

Naughty thread!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »

oldsurferdude needs his own thread where he can just rag on Mike to his hearts content.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »

Hmmm... first time in the Sandbox and already I feel like poppin' a beer (actually pouring a nice pint of Ilkley Brewery's Mary Jane into a glass with a handle) and putting my feet on the table, lighting a pipe (if I smoked one) and just chillin'. Or relaxing, as we say in England.

Have to ask:  Does "Ilkley Brewery's Mary Jane " have any of that Cabinessence as part of the brewing process?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »

oldsurferdude needs his own thread where he can just rag on Mike to his hearts content.

Over at brianwilson.com they have the perfect forum for him LOL

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »

Over at brianwilson.com they have the perfect forum for him LOL

Hey, I got over a dozen Blooies wishing Mike a happy birthday last week. Might be my proudest BB-related moment.  Grin

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »

Have to ask:  Does "Ilkley Brewery's Mary Jane " have any of that Cabinessence as part of the brewing process?

This ain't "Mary Jane" as in that stuff that aided relaxation at the Maharishi's pad back in ’60-something; this is "Mary Jane" as in "Tha's been a'courtin' Mary Jane", a line from the unofficial British national anthem, albeit one that can only be sung by Yorkshiremen (aka Tykes).

“We live in divisive times.”
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »

Wow...so you're saying that anybody who does not agree with you is not a BB fan? In that case, thanks for proving my point. I mean, merda, I've spent the last 16 years collecting any BB related recordings that still exist (released and otherwise) and have been on these boards just as long...I went to one of Brian's shows a couple of days after burying my first child...and all this time I thought I was a Beach Boys fan. Huh.

Wow, is HH not good enough for you or something? I think they're a pretty rocking band, but I guess you know better.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »

Wow...so you're saying that anybody who does not agree with you is not a BB fan? In that case, thanks for proving my point. I mean, merda, I've spent the last 16 years collecting any BB related recordings that still exist (released and otherwise) and have been on these boards just as long...I went to one of Brian's shows a couple of days after burying my first child...and all this time I thought I was a Beach Boys fan. Huh.

Wow, is HH not good enough for you or something? I think they're a pretty rocking band, but I guess you know better.

Never thought I'd see the word "rocking" used in any kind of connection with Herman's Hermits. The world is indeed a strange and sometimes terrible place.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »

Never thought I'd see the word "rocking" used in any kind of connection with Herman's Hermits. The world is indeed a strange and sometimes terrible place.

Did you ever see them in Concert?  Man, they could really shake it down! 
Ranks right up there with Brian's R&R album, I bet.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:14:33 PM by bgas » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2011, 03:29:19 PM »

What the hell is your problem? Are you trying to be a prick or just incredibly stupid? Seems like both. I wasn't dogging out HH...you were putting down others who didn't share your viewpoints, saying we weren't BB fans. I thought loving the Beach Boys music made me a fan. Since you obviously feel otherwise, I was sarcastically asking why. I just pulled out the name of the first other non-Beatles 60s group I could think of.

Pretty simple. If you need further explanation, I'll be more than happy to bust out with the flash cards and the sock puppets. Maybe Dora the Explorer can explain things better to you.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »

What the hell is your problem? Are you trying to be a prick or just incredibly stupid? Seems like both. I wasn't dogging out HH...you were putting down others who didn't share your viewpoints, saying we weren't BB fans. I thought loving the Beach Boys music made me a fan. Since you obviously feel otherwise, I was sarcastically asking why. I just pulled out the name of the first other non-Beatles 60s group I could think of.

Pretty simple. If you need further explanation, I'll be more than happy to bust out with the flash cards and the sock puppets. Maybe Dora the Explorer can explain things better to you.

Yes please, I need all the help I can get. After all I'm only a lowly HH fan, far below your incredible intellect.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2011, 04:06:49 PM »

Seriously dude, calm down, I was only fooling.

My original comment had nothing to do with my "theories", I could honestly give a damn whether you guys agree with them or not. I was simply trying to point out a few inconsistencies in the common interpretations and raise a few questions I thought would be interesting. Some people enjoyed them but some of you seemed to take it really personally for some reason that's beyond me. If you'd like to believe the coughing on Vega-Tables is because vegetables make people choke to death, that's your business.

When I said people in here weren't bb fans, I was just kidding because so many people were complaining about there being too much SMiLE discussion. It was just a joke that you guys weren't being good overly obsessive bb fans.

You need to take a chill pill or something, you seem really stressed out.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:07:50 PM by Fishmonk » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2011, 04:16:09 PM »

Seriously dude, calm down, I was only fooling.

My original comment had nothing to do with my "theories", I could honestly give a damn whether you guys agree with them or not. I was simply trying to point out a few inconsistencies in the common interpretations and raise a few questions I thought would be interesting. Some people enjoyed them but some of you seemed to take it really personally for some reason that's beyond me. If you'd like to believe the coughing on Vega-Tables is because vegetables make people choke to death, that's your business.

When I said people in here weren't bb fans, I was just kidding because so many people were complaining about there being too much SMiLE discussion. It was just a joke that you guys weren't being good overly obsessive bb fans.

There's some sense in there.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011, 04:29:59 PM »

Didn't come across as kidding, and judging by the amount of PM complaints I got, I wasn't the only one. In any case, now that that matter is dealt with, let's move on.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2011, 04:32:47 PM »

Didn't come across as kidding, and judging by the amount of PM complaints I got, I wasn't the only one. In any case, now that that matter is dealt with, let's move on.

That's awesome, people actually complained because I disagreed with them on lyrical analysis? I'm beaming right not.
I actually got a bunch of pms from people supporting me. Glad to know I could be such a firestarter.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »

Don't worry, I have a few more theories that I'll get around to posting eventually. You guys ever wonder what He Gives Speeches is about? Hopefully It'll inspire some good complaints for you to read.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2011, 04:38:37 PM »

Herman's Hermits stole Smile.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: