gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:58:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The worst joke...  (Read 19374 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 05:52:09 AM »

Just heard that the folks from the Wishbone Ash forums were reading this thread. Their server then went down after several cases of shortcircuiting. The reason? The WA fans were collectively pissing themselves with laughter. And that was not because of the jokes on display here.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 06:15:50 AM »

Alan Boyd was replacing SMiLE tapes on the shelves of the Capitol archive when suddenly a brand-new BMW rolled into the Capitol Tower parking lot. The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Rayban sunglasses and YSL tie, strode confidently through the Capitol Tower doors, past reception and down into the archive.

"Hey Alan," he said. "If I tell you exactly how many SMiLE tapes you have in here, can I take one home?"

Alan looks him up and down, recognises a yuppie when he sees one, looks at the tape shelf and calmly answers, "Sure. Why not?"

The yuppie whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his AT&T cell phone, hacks into the Capitol security camera system while simultaneously accessing NASA's internal computer systems, from which he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location. He uploads the location details to another NASA computer mainframe which calculates the size of the Capitol Tower, accessing a detailed floor plan stored in the LA Fire Dept's central computer to quantify the exact cubic capacity of the archive in which the SMILE tapes are stored.

The young man then image-grabs stills from the streaming security camera footage and exports them to a processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. This calculates the exact size of the tape reel boxes, the empty space between shelf stacks, and even the cubic volume of the two men stood in the storage facility.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the images have been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas. He uploads all of this data via an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

He prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturised HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to Alan and says, "You have exactly 1586 tapes."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of the SMiLE tapes," says Alan. He watches the young man select something and looks on amused as he stuffs it into a leather Gucci briefcase and turns to head for the parking lot.

Then Alan says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my tape?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a consultant." says Alan.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered Alan. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew; to a question I never asked; using data that everyone but yourself has calculated. And you don't know crap about my business.

"Now, give me back my pizza box."

“We live in divisive times.”
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 08:23:43 AM »

^ Definitely the worst joke.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »

Q: Why did Mike Love cross the road?

A: Because the Courthouse was on the other side of the street.

WAKA! WAKA!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »

Lame jokes are lame.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2011, 09:58:16 AM »

Why do I get the feeling some of these jokes will turn up in Mike's onstage banter?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »

Q: Why did Mike Love cross the road?

Best joke ever  LOL

A: Because the Courthouse was on the other side of the street.

WAKA! WAKA!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2011, 07:07:29 PM »

Having returned from the pub, i feel it my duty to shame the board further with awful jokes adapted to the boys.

Sadly, I cannot hope to plumb the depths you reprobates have reached so far.

You have beaten me, Smiley Smilers....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SG7
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »

This thread is amazing  LOL
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 09:37:37 PM »

Having returned from the pub, i feel it my duty to shame the board further with awful jokes adapted to the boys.

Is that sarcasm?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2011, 12:20:44 AM »

Thumbs Up "Well I just like to Drive. Van Dyke Parks."  Thumbs Up

Thud

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »

This thread is amazing  LOL

Yeah. It totally destroyed our reputation of being intelligent, witty BW fans in a mere two days. I think I'll join the Wishbone Ash forums.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2011, 12:38:52 AM »

Alan Boyd was replacing SMiLE tapes on the shelves of the Capitol archive when suddenly a brand-new BMW rolled into the Capitol Tower parking lot. The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Rayban sunglasses and YSL tie, strode confidently through the Capitol Tower doors, past reception and down into the archive.

"Hey Alan," he said. "If I tell you exactly how many SMiLE tapes you have in here, can I take one home?"

Alan looks him up and down, recognises a yuppie when he sees one, looks at the tape shelf and calmly answers, "Sure. Why not?"

The yuppie whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his AT&T cell phone, hacks into the Capitol security camera system while simultaneously accessing NASA's internal computer systems, from which he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location. He uploads the location details to another NASA computer mainframe which calculates the size of the Capitol Tower, accessing a detailed floor plan stored in the LA Fire Dept's central computer to quantify the exact cubic capacity of the archive in which the SMILE tapes are stored.

The young man then image-grabs stills from the streaming security camera footage and exports them to a processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. This calculates the exact size of the tape reel boxes, the empty space between shelf stacks, and even the cubic volume of the two men stood in the storage facility.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the images have been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas. He uploads all of this data via an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

He prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturised HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to Alan and says, "You have exactly 1586 tapes."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of the SMiLE tapes," says Alan. He watches the young man select something and looks on amused as he stuffs it into a leather Gucci briefcase and turns to head for the parking lot.

Then Alan says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my tape?"

"No guessing required." answered Alan. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew; to a question I never asked; using data that everyone but yourself has calculated. And you don't know crap about my business.

Did you think that up on your own?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
ukulelejesus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2011, 12:39:18 AM »

My joke was the bets joke and you are all in eternal pain form the awesome badness of it.

Shaggy dog joke baby.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:40:17 AM by ukulelejesus » Logged

Over and over the crow cries uncover the lifehouse lifehouse lifehouse
ukulelejesus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2011, 12:43:24 AM »

Mine was original.

Everyone else are just posers.

I am king of irredeemable puns.

My daddy taught me well.

Get  a breath of that country air! bad puns lying everywhere!

Over and over the crow cries uncover the lifehouse lifehouse lifehouse
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2011, 01:39:39 AM »

Went to my local Chinese Resturant for a takeaway , and while waiting I asked the Chef what his favourite Beach Boys song was - Well after a while of thinking he gave his answer !

" Ah , 'Til I Fry "        :-)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »

thought this was a joke, but it wasn't!

On Pandora, Surf's Up was playing, the lyrics were on there...for the "bygone bygone" part, it had for the lyrics: "Michael Michael"                 LOL

WTF?!?!?!

Mike Love would not be pleased

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »

Q. What are three things you have to keep track of at a wedding?

A. Is Roger Christian, did Gary usher, and where did Van Dyke park?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »

That one actually made me laugh. I salute you, sir.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2011, 06:57:25 PM »

Q. What are three things you have to keep track of at a wedding?

A. Is Roger Christian, did Gary usher, and where did Van Dyke park?

wow, that was good

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »

Too bad I didn't come up with it. This guy did:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9509.msg164328.html#msg164328
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 04:42:16 AM »

Did you think that up on your own?

Of course not!

“We live in divisive times.”
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2011, 07:26:56 PM »

Who got Brian off more than Marilyn and Melinda put together?

Phil Spector    Grin

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »

Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRU972iKRsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EMcsEJsfqw&feature=related
rogerlancelot
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2011, 02:56:20 PM »

Mike Love recently had an ass hole transplant and it rejected him.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:58:25 PM by rogerlancelot » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx