-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 11:59:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Won't let me put a photo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Won't let me put a photo.  (Read 44544 times)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2011, 06:04:32 AM »

You know, many people grow up not knowing who their birth parents were. My cousin was adopted and has no interest in knowing. Others want to know. I think knowing can be a good thing-- it helps you understand more about who you are.

Something I got out of that Dennis documentary is that a lot of people really, really loved him. The emotion in his friends' voices when the spoke about him, decades after his death, was very intense. So while the doc was heartbreaking, you can take that positive part from it. He gave a lot of people a lot of love, and he touched people's lives forever.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »

Good luck !
I don't think anyone here has a problem with you posting about your experiences. I'd be the last one to tell you you shouldn't. So, if you want to share with us what you'll be told by your mother, please do so. But everyone will understand if there are things that are too personal that you might not wanna talk about. Anyway, once again: Good luck !
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:16:17 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
dennyschild
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »

You know, many people grow up not knowing who their birth parents were. My cousin was adopted and has no interest in knowing. Others want to know. I think knowing can be a good thing-- it helps you understand more about who you are.

Something I got out of that Dennis documentary is that a lot of people really, really loved him. The emotion in his friends' voices when the spoke about him, decades after his death, was very intense. So while the doc was heartbreaking, you can take that positive part from it. He gave a lot of people a lot of love, and he touched people's lives forever.

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:15:32 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »

Good luck !
I don't think anyone here has a problem with you posting about your experiences. I'd be the last one to tell you you shouldn't. So, if you want to share with us what you'll be told by your mother, please do so. But everyone will understand if there are things that are too personal that you might not wanna talk about. Anyway, once again: Good luck !

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:15:59 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2011, 12:19:48 PM »

Good luck !

I'll be back on later.  I can only talk about what my mom say's i can, i won't betray her. Here we go!!!!

My mom never seen youtube or keep up with the beach boys. This is all new to her. She never knew Dennis was talked about like this, or he was so loved by his fans to this day. She is amazed he is loved so much by all you. She now understands, what im doing on here. She had tears in her eyes and left the room, as i said, this was her life im bringing back up, Her memories are fresh and she is willing to talk more, as of going to LA, im not sure she can do that at this time, i think some hurt she has carried is sneaking up on her. My dad told me, she was hurt by Dennis never returning to talk about the baby. My poor mom, i never knew this.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »

that's intense.  Visiting those places should definitely be done together.  Glad she's getting to see why he's so loved though!
dennyschild
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »

that's intense.  Visiting those places should definitely be done together.  Glad she's getting to see why he's so loved though!
[/quote

They had a may-early dec friendship/romance. It was 20 days before his death she told him about (me) I wonder if he planned on returning to talk to her, he just didn't live long enough, or if he planned on never returning. She will never know, maybe thats something that haunts her. She made it out like it was never real love, just had laughs and talked alot, and romance. I think she may have left out some details. My parents when to get football food, when they get back, she and i will pick up our conversation. I feel bad for her, but she told me and now it all must be discussed. Thanks for being here for me.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2011, 01:42:31 PM »

They had a may-early dec friendship/romance. It was 20 days before his death she told him about (me) I wonder if he planned on returning to talk to her, he just didn't live long enough, or if he planned on never returning. She will never know, maybe thats something that haunts her. She made it out like it was never real love, just had laughs and talked alot, and romance. I think she may have left out some details. My parents when to get football food, when they get back, she and i will pick up our conversation. I feel bad for her, but she told me and now it all must be discussed. Thanks for being here for me.

I think he would have.  But he was hardly functioning by that time.  And I think we're all glad to help.  Probably telling of what kind of fans the beach boys attracted. 
dennyschild
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »

I think he would have.  But he was hardly functioning by that time.  And I think we're all glad to help.  Probably telling of what kind of fans the beach boys attracted.  

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:16:45 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:18:15 PM by dennyschild » Logged
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »

intense.  Will give her time.  Kinda makes you realize even further how special Dennis was. 

oh and if you're curious where his grave actually is.  He was granted a burial at sea.  I think his wiki page has the coordinates.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »

I hope it all goes well for you and your family, dennyschild. Just take it slowly, and try to keep in sight the fact that Dennis was a troubled man with problems, but one with a lot of love in his heart. Take care now, and hope to hear from you soon.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
dennyschild
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »

intense.  Will give her time.  Kinda makes you realize even further how special Dennis was.  

oh and if you're curious where his grave actually is.  He was granted a burial at sea.  I think his wiki page has the coordinates.

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:18:52 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »

I hope it all goes well for you and your family, dennyschild. Just take it slowly, and try to keep in sight the fact that Dennis was a troubled man with problems, but one with a lot of love in his heart. Take care now, and hope to hear from you soon.
[/qu

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:19:28 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 08:01:31 AM »

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:20:06 PM by dennyschild » Logged
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2011, 08:32:02 AM »

ew
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2011, 11:25:33 AM »

To the person that sent me that message, i won't say who you are, i don't want others taking sides. Please stop asking me to put up new and older photos of myself. I may post on youtube after my vacation for all to see, until then, you only get the pic thats here. Im not wanting to flaunt myself on the board. Thank you.

@ dennychild: if you feel uncomfortable by a received PM, you can notify the moderators as well (in case you didn't know). As for posting pics: if you rather have the one you recently attached being removed feel free to do so (and if you want to but can't get it fixed, the moderators can help you out).

And I'd like to add that I find it very decent from you to not publically mention names.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
dennyschild
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »

To the person that sent me that message, i won't say who you are, i don't want others taking sides. Please stop asking me to put up new and older photos of myself. I may post on youtube after my vacation for all to see, until then, you only get the pic thats here. Im not wanting to flaunt myself on the board. Thank you.

@ dennychild: if you feel uncomfortable by a received PM, you can notify the moderators as well (in case you didn't know). As for posting pics: if you rather have the one you recently attached being removed feel free to do so (and if you want to but can't get it fixed, the moderators can help you out).

And I'd like to add that I find it very decent from you to not publically mention names.

It was only one message, no problem. I want to leave the photo I posted, atleast for now. Everything is cool Cool Thanks.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »

Still, it's a shame.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
dennyschild
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »

Still, it's a shame.

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:20:39 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:21:22 PM by dennyschild » Logged
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2011, 06:01:58 PM »

I talked to my boss, I can have vacation in april 17th-24th. I like that much better. Smiley

Question: Do Carl's boy's have a band? I never heard their music. How about Denny's kids, are they talented like Denny. The only Wilson's that I know are Brian's girls that made it big in music. I remember listening to Wilson Phillips, not knowing their back ground, and what a surprise I got when I found out who they were.

no i don't think any of them do music.  I think michael is a chef.  Just judging off his chefs uniform in the dennis biography. 
dennyschild
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2011, 06:12:47 PM »

I talked to my boss, I can have vacation in april 17th-24th. I like that much better. Smiley

Question: Do Carl's boy's have a band? I never heard their music. How about Denny's kids, are they talented like Denny. The only Wilson's that I know are Brian's girls that made it big in music. I remember listening to Wilson Phillips, not knowing their back ground, and what a surprise I got when I found out who they were.

no i don't think any of them do music.  I think michael is a chef.  Just judging off his chefs uniform in the dennis biography.  

deleted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:21:59 PM by dennyschild » Logged
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2011, 07:14:44 PM »

no i don't think any of them do music.  I think michael is a chef.  Just judging off his chefs uniform in the dennis biography. 

I noticed the uniform also. I was told Carl's boy's and Al did something together. So none of Denny's kids are musician's. I'm hearing rumors one or more of Denny's kids make music. I searched but came up with nothing.
One of the experts can confirm this, but even though he may not be a musician professionally, Carl B. Wilson has a great voice. I have a version (live albiet not the best quality) of him doing "Forever" with BDW and it's quite good.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Musketeer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2011, 07:17:40 PM »

I thought Carl's sons were or are part of a band called In Bloom.
But I am far from a BB's expert.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: