gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:17:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in studio this week  (Read 13553 times)
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 12:08:09 AM »

so we don't have any kind of a tracklist yet for this Disney album?

nada???
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 04:00:14 AM »

I would love to know at least some of the songs, no one has any clue?

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 04:39:31 AM »

I would imagine "When You Wish Upon A Star" is a given.  Personally speaking, I may very well expire from sheer joy if they attempt, and make a good fist of, "Little April Showers".
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:41:51 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 04:43:16 AM »

i'd kinda like him to keep the arrangement for when you wish upon a star sparse.  that song is always hooked up to bells and whistles
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 05:19:08 AM »

...I may very well expire from sheer joy if they attempt, and make a good fist of, "Little April Showers".

You and me both, Mr. Doe.  Smiley
rogerlancelot
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 05:28:35 AM »

"Baby Mine" from Dumbo would be nice. Maybe even "Color Of The Wind"?
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 06:56:12 AM »

Here's hoping they tackle "A Dream's A Wish Your Heart Makes"...

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Zip-a-Dee-Freekin'-Doo-Dah."
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 07:50:28 AM »

It's kind of ironic how Van Dyke Parks got one of his first big-time music credits working on Disney's "The Jungle Book", now Brian is cutting a Disney record. I wonder if the irony was noticed by anyone, and whether Van Dyke was asked to contribute something to Brian's Disney record?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 07:52:41 AM »

I would imagine "When You Wish Upon A Star" is a given.  Personally speaking, I may very well expire from sheer joy if they attempt, and make a good fist of, "Little April Showers".

I'll take both of those, I have a feeling 'Zip a dee doo dah' might be there too. I can almost imagine the arrangement for it too. Grin

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »

He's gotta do "The Bare Necessities" (Bear Necessities?).
With the Gershwin album there was a lot of advance buzz. I remember AGD hinting at good things. No hints this time?
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »

Circle of Life could prove interesting in terms of arrangement and certainly voices for the intro.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:11:18 PM by Lessing » Logged

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the Disney album?

lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 02:30:50 PM »

I'm looking forward to it, personally. i would rather BW did a regular old album of mostly originals, but I'm curious about the disney thing.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 02:50:12 PM »

Anyone know how soon this could be out? He just finished the lead vocals - so.......

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »

Circle of Life could prove interesting in terms of arrangement and certainly voices for the intro.

I'd much rather hear Hakuna Matata.

No mas, por favor.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »

watch that clip again. its actually a really touching scene with Brian and Ronnie.

it's edited down to about a minute, but no way was Brian annoyed or trying to get away from her.

i like how they both drop the f-bomb too. Ronnie says 'Don't Worry Baby' is "such a great blankety-blank song!" then she sings it to Brian and he goes "your voice is so blankety-blank special!"  blankety-blank classic!!!

Jeff is the one leading Brian down the stairs, and Brian says he just experienced "the biggest thrill of my life!"

I talked to a member of the band a few days later in Boston, and he told me that Ronnie kept singing the song over and over again, and that it got pretty weird.  Brian got freaked out and left.  She wouldn't stop singing it.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »

The album might be surprising.  Didn't someone once say that Brian sounded like Mickey Mouse with a cold?  Grin
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »

While I am not that excited about the Disney album (unlike BWRG, because I am a Gershwin fan), I hope he does at least one song with toy instruments, as he talked about several years ago.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 07:08:09 PM »

It's kind of ironic how Van Dyke Parks got one of his first big-time music credits working on Disney's "The Jungle Book", now Brian is cutting a Disney record. I wonder if the irony was noticed by anyone, and whether Van Dyke was asked to contribute something to Brian's Disney record?

I would LOVE for Brian to cover "The Bare Necessities"!! That would be awesome if Van Dyke had a roll in this
next project

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2011, 09:05:45 PM »

I would LOVE for Brian to cover "The Bare Necessities"!! That would be awesome if Van Dyke had a roll in this
next project

Even a cameo appearance on one tune, like that tune for what it meant to Van Dyke, would tie it all together, bringing it full circle! I guess we're the only ones to see the irony and the possibilities of VDP and BW possibly doing this on the Disney album. I'd buy it just for that song, like I bought Orange Crate Art originally for the song Brian and Van Dyke did in the Don Was film.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 05:54:07 AM »

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the Disney album?

I certainly wish it's going to be more adventurous than BWRG. Smooth and safe did fit the Gershwin material quite well and at least there were a couple of nice surprises that went a little bit further than that. For a "BW Reimagines Disney" record to be interesting, however, I think it needs to be weird and quirky instead of mostly just pleasant.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 08:33:48 AM »

While I am not that excited about the Disney album (unlike BWRG, because I am a Gershwin fan), I hope he does at least one song with toy instruments, as he talked about several years ago.

When did Brian say this?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »

When did Brian say this?

I think it was after "BWPS" was released, though it possibly could have been before.  As I recall, he said he'd like to make a children's album using toy instruments.   I only remember seeing it mentioned once (unlike the rock and roll album).
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »

Yep...the Little Prince, or something like that.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx