gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:06:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Beach Boys Moments Redux  (Read 63887 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2015, 08:39:21 PM »

Just saw a recent Simpsons Christmas episode and they had "Merry Christmas, baby" played prominently.

Darn, I had marked that show in the TV Guide (Hörzu) and forgot to record it. F*ck.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
KDS
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2015, 06:19:14 AM »

Just saw a recent Simpsons Christmas episode and they had "Merry Christmas, baby" played prominently.

Darn, I had marked that show in the TV Guide (Hörzu) and forgot to record it. F*ck.

It's a 2013 episode.  If you have FXX, they'll likely show it again tonight or tomorrow as they've been rerunning all of The Simpsons Christmas / Winter themed episodes. 
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »

It's a 2013 episode.  If you have FXX, they'll likely show it again tonight or tomorrow as they've been rerunning all of The Simpsons Christmas / Winter themed episodes. 

I live in Germany, I don't have "FXX"...

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
KDS
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2015, 08:54:40 AM »

Oh, you might be able to pull it up on their website or app. 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2015, 12:55:44 PM »

It's a 2013 episode.  If you have FXX, they'll likely show it again tonight or tomorrow as they've been rerunning all of The Simpsons Christmas / Winter themed episodes.  

See your PM's for a hint.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:58:27 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2015, 04:15:16 AM »

The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas was on today with it's Wilson-Asher penned theme song "This isn't love"

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2016, 11:33:44 AM »

"A Day In The Life of a Tree" played today on the Radcliffe and Maconie show BBC 6 music (a digital-only station)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b079cnsr

Please delete my account
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2016, 12:39:56 PM »

I'm just going to put this here...

http://www.wwtdd.com/2016/05/kanye-offers-up-anal-and-pudding

Bear with me, there's a BB reference in there, I promise.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2016, 05:30:34 AM »

Wow, pretty meanspirited article. Towards both Kanye and Brian.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2016, 07:34:08 PM »

Was at a semi-Italian restaurant with some friends that had 50's-early 60's music when Little Deuce Coupe comes on. Definitely stood out from the other song that had been playing. By sheer coincidence we had been talking about the BBs shortly before the song came up.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
KDS
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2016, 01:49:45 PM »

Wow, pretty meanspirited article. Towards both Kanye and Brian.

I can't really feel any sympathy for Kanye West.  His ego has made him a gigantic target. 

I can't really speak for his music, as I'm not a fan of the genre, but the man himself is a jack a$$
Sandy Baby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »

"The Drew Carey Show":    http://youtu.be/FxYuBriNT7U

Listen, listen, listen...
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2016, 09:42:28 PM »

Comes nearly 40 years before The BB's even existed, but see if you notice anything familiar on the left page...

https://archive.org/stream/photo29chic#page/n143/mode/2up

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »

I was just playing with my brother's Xbox. "Kinetic Adventures" and in one of the featured games the background music was the instrumental track to "Our car club" aka "Rabbit's food"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhFZhg66OdM
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2016, 11:14:43 PM »

Comes nearly 40 years before The BB's even existed, but see if you notice anything familiar on the left page...

https://archive.org/stream/photo29chic#page/n143/mode/2up

Wow, great find! Not only one of my favorite Beach boys albums, but also one of my most favorite paintings!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2016, 01:35:22 AM »

I don't see what's about this picture but people really like it. But nobody says why, they just say they like. Is the history behind it sth. to do with it?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Kamandi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2016, 09:06:17 AM »

Anyone read that excerpt from the Thomas Dolby autobiography on Yahoo regarding a visit to Michael Jackson's home in 1983? He randomly mentions that during their discussion he learns they both have a shared appreciation for the Surfs Up album and Jackson bemoans the fact that Brian is mentally ill and Dennis is addicted to drugs.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2016, 02:16:02 AM »

I was just playing with my brother's Xbox. "Kinetic Adventures" and in one of the featured games the background music was the instrumental track to "Our car club" aka "Rabbit's food"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhFZhg66OdM
Wow, that actual works really well for that game!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2016, 03:25:30 AM »

So, I was turning on the TV this morning and right at that moment I saw Brian and Al appearing on screen.... The Georgefest was shown and it just happened to be the moment of Brian's - really, really good I might add - performance of "My sweet Lord" that I tuned in.
After Brian and Al leaving the stage I switched to another channel. They were showing something like the funniest home videos. This one was a surfer that got hit by a delphine. Background music: "Surfin'" by the Boys

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »

A new Simpsons episode has Wouldn't It Be Nice very prominently playing. It's called "The Cad and the hat"

- Jack Rieley
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2017, 07:18:12 PM »

I randomly found this in Avengers #234 by Roy Thomas and Al Milgrom (published in 1983). And boy was I surprised.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:21:41 PM by MarcellaHasDirtyFeet » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2017, 03:29:30 AM »

I randomly found this in Avengers #234 by Roy Thomas and Al Milgrom (published in 1983). And boy was I surprised.

That really is a surprise! Shocked

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2017, 05:50:35 PM »

In my country there's a very popular radio called "Rock&Pop"; they play mostly music from the 80s and 90s , so I was surprised when they played "Surfin' USA" a few minutes ago.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »

I had a dream last night that I was a guest at Alan Boyd's house, and he let me onto his computer to listen to all of the unreleased Beach Boys tracks. I remember listening to at least Brian's instrumental piano demo of "'Til I Die" and Mike's original version of "Cool Head, Warm Heart" (which, contrary to my dream, has been bootlegged), and a never-before heard lost Beatles song (psychedelic-themed, featured no lead vocals, but Paul was prominent on backing vocals), but he unfortunately kicked me out before I got to listen to "Boys and Girls".

Ugh, someday...

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2017, 11:55:27 AM »

I heard "Don't Go Near the Water" on the radio yesterday.  They were playing an Earth Day themed set.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx