gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:00:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love wanted the Beach Boys to finish SMiLE  (Read 33984 times)
Chris Moise
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »

You're saying it was cut from a vintage mono mix, implying said mix was final, or near final. Some of the acetates were a very rough mono dub from the multitracks for Brian to consider his next move. According to your statement, Brian had finished mixes for most of Smile by late 1966, and we know that's not so.

Er, my post did not state or imply anything of the sort. I don't see how "vintage mono mix" suggests anything other than a mono mix created around the time of the sessions. Could be anything from a tossed off rough mix of a basic track to a final mix.  I re-read my post and I don't see how anything I wrote suggests "finished mixes". Of course any vintage mix, no matter how rough, is of value as it reflects some level of input from Brian.
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2011, 06:57:46 AM »

Bob Dylan proved that wasn't the case with Like A Rolling Stone, didn't he?   Just saying...

Yeah, you're right. Bob Dylan did it first. That seems really impressive for 1965. I remember that the DJ’s had to flip the record to play the whole song on the radio but I guess there were two versions, the long version and the split version. [

They never had to flip the record - the whole song was on the A side, the B side was Gates of Eden. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx