gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:26:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson not interested in reunion after all  (Read 12193 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2010, 04:53:27 PM »

What/where would Mike be doing now without Brian?  Singing Kokomo and cover songs in some rinky dink bar band?

You want a reunion? I mean a real one? Then you get all the surviving members of the band up on a stage playing music at the same time.

Does Brian have to be playing the same music as the rest of the guys? If so, that could be a problem...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »

Last time I checked Mike Love WAS a "Wilson." Mike's band is very, very, good. Maybe it lacks the cutesy schtick and hair-do's -- but the band sounds great. And I think if you compare setlists, Brian's act falls into "oldies" territory as well, no??? I'm not knocking Brian's act, but let's all face facts about what's what.

Something tells me that over the last 10 years or so(check this) Brian has "oldies" act has included Imagination, Smile, TLOS, but I could be wrong, you know.

Smile isn't exactly fresh material, y'know.

Brian also barely plays tunes from Imagination (and why would he, it's crap), TLOS didn't seem to get much of a look in during last years shows, and Desert Drive seems to be the only song you'd get from GIOMH, which was written in the 90's and is hardly avant-garde BW. If you're trying to argue that Brian plays sets full of fresh new material at the expense of his BB's tunes, you're insane. Or a bloo....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2010, 05:17:27 PM »

Last time I checked Mike Love WAS a "Wilson." Mike's band is very, very, good. Maybe it lacks the cutesy schtick and hair-do's -- but the band sounds great. And I think if you compare setlists, Brian's act falls into "oldies" territory as well, no??? I'm not knocking Brian's act, but let's all face facts about what's what.

Something tells me that over the last 10 years or so(check this) Brian has "oldies" act has included Imagination, Smile, TLOS, but I could be wrong, you know.

Brian also barely plays tunes from Imagination (and why would he, it's crap), TLOS didn't seem to get much of a look in during last years shows, and Desert Drive seems to be the only song you'd get from GIOMH, which was written in the 90's and is hardly avant-garde BW. If you're trying to argue that Brian plays sets full of fresh new material at the expense of his BB's tunes, you're insane. Or a bloo....
Last year's shows? Based on your post, nothing is worth arguing. Read into it what you want. Yeah, that Smile junk is pretty rancid. Guess its time for some "fresh" Myke classics to be let loose on the world. Bruce, too-pass the sweetner, please.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »

Well, what would Brian be without Mike?

He certainly wouldn't be The Beach Boys. I'm sure he'd be something great, maybe an even more awesome version of Burt Bacharach, but there would be NO Beach Boys without Mike, Dennis, Carl, or Al (or Dave)...... or Brian!

The Beach Boys were a BAND. No matter who wrote what, they made their mark as a band with 5 personalities. Mike wrote lyrics, sang lead and was the frontman. That's putting in a good chunk of work towards what we know The Beach Boys to be and why we love them. So, can this tired "what would Mike be without Brian" merda be put to rest?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:38:46 PM by Erik H » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »

Does Brian have to be playing the same music as the rest of the guys? If so, that could be a problem...

He did play different music on stage before a few times.

Like I said above, I don't care if he bites off a bat's head, pulls a Jim Morrison, or just sings "Shortenin' Bread" or "I'm a Little Teacup", as long as Brian gets up there with the others, I'm good with that.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »

He did play different music on stage before a few times.

Like I said above, I don't care if he bites off a bat's head, pulls a Jim Morrison, or just sings "Shortenin' Bread" or "I'm a Little Teacup", as long as Brian gets up there with the others, I'm good with that.

If he were to do the above mentioned things then it should be a good show in all. Also Mike should strip naked and streak across the stage before carving HEALTER SKETLER and WAR into his chest with a broken bottle. Bruce not to be upstaged will then attempt a stagedive (and hopefully miss the crowd) and Al will either smash his guitar up or set it on fire. As Dave walks off stage he will mutter into the mike "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:38:53 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »

How about they do a re-staging of the 1979(?) Universal Amphitheater Dennis/Mike er..... drama with Stamos standing in as Dennis!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2010, 09:38:22 PM »

Or maybe they could hold a raffle as to who stands in as Dennis!

OldSurferDude, does this idea get your vote?  Razz
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »

If they're doing a real re-staging, let oldsurferdude be Dennis!

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2010, 02:25:37 AM »

Last year's shows? Based on your post, nothing is worth arguing. Read into it what you want. Yeah, that Smile junk is pretty rancid. Guess its time for some "fresh" Myke classics to be let loose on the world. Bruce, too-pass the sweetner, please.

That's not what I meant, and you know it. Try and show me evidence that Brian plays shows consistently (IE, not 'Lets play the record in full' shows) full of his solo material at the expense of his BB's stuff, and I'll get a tattoo of Mike Love on my face.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2010, 06:39:45 AM »

That's not what I meant, and you know it. Try and show me evidence that Brian plays shows consistently (IE, not 'Lets play the record in full' shows) full of his solo material at the expense of his BB's stuff, and I'll get a tattoo of Mike Love on my face.

Seems like a mighty drastic offer. Who'd want to walk around having people think your butt was on yer face?

oldsurferdude
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2010, 06:56:53 AM »

As long as I have free license to chase Myke around the stage, catch him, tie him up and have a live pig roast Evil
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2010, 07:00:42 AM »

Can you please explain the "Myke" moniker to me? Your name starts with old..., but this seems so childish.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
oldsurferdude
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2010, 07:10:56 AM »

Can you please explain the "Myke" moniker to me? Your name starts with old..., but this seems so childish.
To bother you, that's why. Razz
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2010, 07:13:02 AM »

Childish!

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2010, 10:31:17 AM »

As long as I have free license to chase Myke around the stage, catch him, tie him up and have a live pig roast Evil

No, but you get to erupt into fisticuffs with the man, and then get locked in a closet.  Razz
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

Yo, old...dude, believe it when I tell you that I'll never give you the satisfaction.  Razz
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:04:54 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
oldsurferdude
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »

Yo, old...dude, believe it when I tell you that I'll never give you the satisfaction.  Razz
Pretty sure you already did, dr. LOL
oldsurferdude
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2010, 12:23:13 PM »

Childish!
Exactomundoe! Thumbs Up
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »

Childish!
Exactomundoe! Thumbs Up
bgas may have answered both of us, but your post reads last...think about it!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »

Hey, uh, let's contribute something halfway productive here, eh boys? I mean, I know these reunion threads have taken their toll on this board and there's not much more to speculate about because it's been done to death already, but c'mon.

"People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along?"

- Rodney King

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2010, 12:54:28 PM »

Mikie, I asked a simple question, because I really did not know. I was polite about it, and you see the response that I received. My politeness only goes so far.

EDIT: Just to be clear, he posts this way in every thread that is about Mike Love.... hence, my "childish" remark.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:00:54 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »

Hey, why don't we just give OldSurferDude his own permanent thread in the Honored Guests shrine?

One-Stop-Shopping for all your Mike bashing needs!

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »

Don't feed the troll.  Dead Horse

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »

Hey, why don't we just give OldSurferDude his own permanent thread in the Honored Guests shrine?

One-Stop-Shopping for all your Mike bashing needs!

Couldn't it be a new thread space? Maybe MIKE-Bashing Guests(or similar) and all his posts, regardless of the subject, would be automatically sent there. Then you'd only have to read them if you wanted to; and rather than putting them at the top of the page, it would be at the very bottom, so you'd REALLY have to be looking for them.  Razz

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx