gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:42:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to recognise a Beach Boys afficianado.  (Read 15540 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 08:20:18 AM »

People come up to you at parties and, when hearing your name, recognise you as 'That guy who loves Brian Wilson'.

This actually happened to me the other day. I really don't know whether to be proud or ashamed  LOL

Slight variation on this: back in fall 2004, customers at the store where I worked were congratulating me on the chart success of "your Brian Wilson". Even one's I'd not told about my interest.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2010, 09:25:39 AM »

I can run into people who I haven't seen in 20 years and the first thing out there mouth is "Do you still like The Beach Boys?".

Dear Doctor - I heard the same question at my 40th high school reunion the other night...as sat with some girlfriends with whom I went to my first Beach Boys concert in 1967!  Yikes!  Time has flown!

The more things change, the more they stay the same!  Plus ça change, plus la même chose!   LOL 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »

- When a friend is looking through your itunes music, gets to the Beach Boys albums, notices that it would take 1 Day, 22 hours, and 44 minutes to play through all your Beach Boys music, then says "I think you have a serious problem" with a straight face.

- When your blackberry ringtone is 'Do You Like Worms?'

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »

For the last 2 and a half years I have been woken each morning by the alarm on my phone chanting "Eat alot, sleep alot, brush 'em like crazy. Run alot, do alot, never be lazy". Too be honest I'm starting to get a little sick of it!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 10:34:35 AM »

- When a friend is looking through your itunes music, gets to the Beach Boys albums, notices that it would take 1 Day, 22 hours, and 44 minutes to play through all your Beach Boys music, then says "I think you have a serious problem" with a straight face.

Your friend's opinion is not your problem...You like what you like and sounds as if you have a pretty complete catalog -
You are a Beach Boys' scholar!

Hope you have some Stones, Buffalo Springfield and Fleetwood Mac  mixed in for "variety!"   LOL 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »

For the last 2 and a half years I have been woken each morning by the alarm on my phone chanting "Eat alot, sleep alot, brush 'em like crazy. Run alot, do alot, never be lazy". Too be honest I'm starting to get a little sick of it!

Yikes! Anything that disturbs me from sleep I tend to hate with a passion...so no Beach Boys music for my early wake up alarms! Though I have to admit it: that is pretty awesome that your alarm clock sings part of Vegetables.

Your friend's opinion is not your problem...You like what you like and sounds as if you have a pretty complete catalog -
You are a Beach Boys' scholar!

Hope you have some Stones, Buffalo Springfield and Fleetwood Mac  mixed in for "variety!"   LOL 

Eh, not really a scholar, I just love their music!

And definitely have some Springfield and Stones mixed in!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »

When your blackberry ringtone is 'Do You Like Worms?'

Please... Mine's 'Gee'  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 05:07:21 PM »

1. Before a party buries all BB cds and albums in the back yard.

2. stashes all BBs cds under the seat when parking the car at the mall.

3. calls the local radio station daily requesting Rio Grande.

4. Has 3 or more copies of every album and single.

5. Is of the opinion that the the group will reunite and do another Pet Sounds album which is 10 times better.

6. On a windy day is often seen flying his official BB kite.

7. Still thinks Be True to Your School is better than any Beatles tune.

OldSurferDude: you're my hero after all   Smiley
mtaber
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »

When driving through LA, you wonder how many women belong to the "slept with Dennis Wilson" club, how many belong to the "Dennis Wilson is my father" club, and then hope like hell that there aren't any women who belong to BOTH clubs...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 06:01:01 PM »

When your blackberry ringtone is 'Do You Like Worms?'

Please... Mine's 'Gee'  Grin

LOL ok, you win that battle! Well, if there was ever a song to be a ringtone, it would hands-down have to be 'Gee'! Any other recommendations for a Beach Boys ringtone? Anyone?

Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »

Any other recommendations for a Beach Boys ringtone? Anyone?
The dirty version of "Ding Dang".
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:55:26 PM by Don_Zabu » Logged
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 06:55:02 PM »

Went to the last Stones movie and aside from gawking at the Mick and Christine Aguilara tune, spent the rest of the movie watching for glimpses of Blondie Chaplin. Roll Eyes
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »

"Had to Phone Ya".

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2010, 07:12:24 PM »

"Ding Dang" obviously, jeez!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »

Spent time with Wake the World on my CD alarm.

How about Shortening Bread as a ring tone?
Sammy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2010, 08:08:06 PM »

"Had to Phone Ya".

my ringtone is the middle sha na na section of "she's goin' bald", so if my phone were to ring around any beach boy afficianados, they'd know that they're in good company.
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2010, 02:11:35 AM »

Just look up outside and in case you wonder about those shoes (aka 'flying kicks') hanging down from telephone and power lines - could they in way be related to the question at hand? Nah - not by a longshot or maybe just by one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqmHbLEfm6Q
and sho€nuff...
like indicating "take a load off your feet" and "I tried to kick the ball but my tennie flew right off" in a secret message from fellow affish/shoe-nerdos
as if to tie in with the Beach Boys' 50 years $jubilee next year  maybe in the hopes of having the goods delivered by then...
Could this be another mystery solved(?)

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2010, 07:21:00 AM »

Some who can never pass a record store without going inside and look up the BBs/BW sections. If the variety therein is not meeting his/her demands, a serious public berating of the owner is in order, and executed with lethal precision.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
oldsurferdude
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2010, 07:51:29 AM »

Some who can never pass a record store without going inside and look up the BBs/BW sections. If the variety therein is not meeting his/her demands, a serious public berating of the owner is in order, and executed with lethal precision.
And in turn, gets blank stare (or wink) from said owner after vocal clubbing. Wink
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2010, 07:54:07 AM »

And in turn, gets blank stare (or wink) from said owner after vocal clubbing. Wink

Exactly!  Grin

Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2010, 08:01:58 AM »

134. At your wedding, you and your wife pick "Ding Dang" to dance to. It's your song.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2010, 08:06:37 AM »

134. At your wedding, you and your wife pick "Ding Dang" to dance to. It's your song.

YES!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2010, 08:22:54 AM »

...whilst the guests collectively drop their jaws as well as their champagne and caviar, and all four parents run away, fingers firmly in ears.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »

Exactement!

But there is always a chance that there will be some rare "foreign" edition with one "lonely" copy just waiting for me!

And, I am always "gentle" with the store owners... Wink

They can tell a lot about a person by what they listen to...I bet they could write volumes about what customers purchase...  
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2010, 08:38:14 AM »

Exactement!

But there is always a chance that there will be some rare "foreign" edition with one "lonely" copy just waiting for me!

And, I am always "gentle" with the store owners... Wink

They can tell a lot about a person by what they listen to...I bet they could write volumes about what customers purchase...  

Hehe. There is at least one shop owner/record fair stall holder whom I (nearly) drove mad with asking for two 'foreign' editions for months. I wonder in which institution he's being taken care of now.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx