-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:15:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  notable blueboarders
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: notable blueboarders  (Read 10908 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2010, 04:20:29 AM »

I was thinkin the other day of some people I do miss from the Blueboard...a guy named Kie Miskelly, anyone talk to him? I got the first 10 issues of his Blueboard newsletter...seemed like a good guy

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:10:23 AM »

Bluebird.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »

I was thinkin the other day of some people I do miss from the Blueboard...a guy named Kie Miskelly, anyone talk to him? I got the first 10 issues of his Blueboard newsletter...seemed like a good guy

Grade A fantasist. Claimed that the BB winning the 1966 NME poll ahead of the Beatles was down to him sending in multiple entries. Also claimed to have been robbed by Russians while on holiday in France, not to mention having a procedure on his nose then being back in the office in four days. unfortunately for him, I had the same operation, and i was told to stay indoors for ten days as catching any infection would mean I'd have to have it done again. Plus he claimed much more credit than he was due in a joint project with Joe Thomas.

Folk began questioning his claims, so one day he just vanished.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jason
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »

He was also banned at one point for posting a review of GIOMH when only the promo copies circulated. Needless to say, the limeys revolted and we all laughed.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 04:02:56 PM »

Sorry but I met the guy on a few occasions , even had a meal with a few Blues in Glasgow (before a BW gig there) and he had never heard 'The Fairy Tale' from Holland (so we played it on a CD Player) and whats more called it crap-Sorry what a TWAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »

Also he did/does write for the daily free newspaper 'Metro' and did write a number of articles on Brian (big tick in the box) but being a hack i gave him the name Kie Miss-Spelling :-)))))
Jason
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 04:23:08 PM »

Typical blueboarder; knows nothing beyond Pet Sounds and Smile as far as Beach Boys work.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 08:37:50 PM »

Grade A fantasist. Claimed that the BB winning the 1966 NME poll ahead of the Beatles was down to him sending in multiple entries. Also claimed to have been robbed by Russians while on holiday in France, not to mention having a procedure on his nose then being back in the office in four days. unfortunately for him, I had the same operation, and i was told to stay indoors for ten days as catching any infection would mean I'd have to have it done again. Plus he claimed much more credit than he was due in a joint project with Joe Thomas.

Folk began questioning his claims, so one day he just vanished.

WOW

I knew Andrew would come through with something that would show me another Blueboarder being a douche. (ala Bluebird).
That Joe Thomas project: was that the book about Brian's solo work? I have that, it's a great resource. Still available anywhere? They did a couple others on covers and Japanese BB discography, right?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 03:00:18 PM »

The Joe Thomas book The Beach Boys On CD was basically his own BB CD collection. Without that book, and the others he did, my site would have been so much harder to do. Nice nice guy, but he had some kind of falling out with some other Blooies and just vanished from the BB world. Very sad.

They only collaborated on one book, which turned into Joe doing the vast bulk of the work. I think there was a disagreement over the financing of the project as well.

Bluebird... don't get me started. She's a charlatan, a liar and a thief. Swindled a friend of mine out of $1000 and still owes her $700 two years later. Close and personal friend of Brian & Melinda ? I checked with someone who is, and they laughed so much I thought they were going to have a stroke.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »

Wait...Joe Thomas as in THE Joe Thomas?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »

not the same one...i asked him back on the Blueboard

~post of the century~
-Mikie

TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »

Is there a way to get the Joe Thomas book on Brian at the present time? I've always wanted to read it.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 09:42:47 AM »

Is there a way to get the Joe Thomas book on Brian at the present time? I've always wanted to read it.

i specially ordered from Joe Thomas, but i remember being on an Amazon...whether it was on the American or UK, I cant remember

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 02:21:31 PM »

Miskelly's on facebook - ask him. :-)

HiKie
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »

Think I need to respond to Mr Doe's allegations here. I'm far from being a fantasist, in 1966 I did send off numerous votes for The Beach Boys in the NME's annual end of year poll. They won by around 100 votes, I sent in around 40 so I did my bit. Don't know which surgeon operated on Mr Doe's nose but mine said I could return to work within the week which is what I did. And yes me and my partner Sylvia were gassed by the Russian mafia after stopping overnight at a service station just outside Paris while driving a motorhome to the south of France. As Editor of the Metro newspaper I'm not into making things up. I also produced 17 issues of blueboarders magazine promoting Brian and the boys' music at great expense to myself. I also take issue with your comments about the book Joe Thomas and I co-wrote. I put in 50pc and read through the proofs at least six times to get the book right. We fell out because Mr Thomas wanted me to pay for all the printing while he sold all the books.. very Irish logic. A wee tale I heard about Mr Doe...  he was in conversation once with someone quite close to the Brian camp and who had a huge knowledge of Beach Boys releases... after a while the guy got tired of Mr Doe saying 'yes I've got that one'....  so he started making up various titles of boots.. 'yes I've got that one' answered Mr Doe several times. And for those who think I don't know much about the Beach Boys... one room of my house is devoted to Beach Boys memorabilia... at the last count there were more than 1,200 CDs, 90-plus books, a similar amount of DVDS, dozens of framed front pages of magazines, gold records, a specially signed poster of one of the boys' first concerts signed by Fred Vail... need I go on? There are Beach Boys fans and there are people who think they are Beach Boys fans....
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 01:07:19 PM »

As Editor of the Metro newspaper I'm not into making things up.

LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
HiKie
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 01:29:51 PM »

And I thought this site was filled with intelligent people.. bang goes that  theory...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »

Enjoying the delights of your 'newspaper' does not = intelligence, by the by. But that's another thread.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Jason
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 02:36:43 PM »

Where's my bag of world's smallest violins?
HiKie
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »

And writing crap on a website does make you intelligent I see... DOH!
Jason
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »

Whew, we have the FAMOUS HiKie on the board now! Where's my autograph book? I'm collecting blueboarder autographs. You'll look great in between Bluebird and Bobby California. Smiley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »

And writing crap on a website does make you intelligent I see... DOH!

Look, unless you are seriously going to call the flippin Metro a daily showcase of fine journalism, we haven't much more to discuss. I'm not the one going 'D'OH' on the internet and writing huge posts with v. basic grammar and no command of paragraphs.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »

"HiKie". That's awfully close to my handle here. Too close. Hope it's clear that there's absolutely no association between "HiKie" and "Mikie" on this or any other board.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 08:16:27 PM »

"HiKie". That's awfully close to my handle here. Too close. Hope it's clear that there's absolutely no association between "HiKie" and "Mikie" on this or any other board.....

That IS pretty close; you sure you're not ghosting for hikie, Mikie? Grin

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
HiKie
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 01:18:41 AM »

Ahh Mr Hypehat, glad to see you're one of the 4million people a day who read Metro, Britain's most successful newspaper. I'll try to put in a few more pix, I realise the reading bit is probably a bit difficult for you...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: