gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681549 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 02:08:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bo Diddley & Chuck Berry - Rock 'N' Roll All Star Jam  (Read 2026 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2010, 03:24:01 PM »

Saw this DVD on amazon.com, and it says that Carl Wilson is on it.  Has anyone seen it?  Is it any good?  How did Carl get involved.

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Roll-All-Star-Jam/dp/B001GQXS8I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1287095010&sr=8-3
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »

I think this could be a clip. Carl is here anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBwEkFfPu14&feature=related
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 04:44:27 PM »

Cool, thanks for posting that, too bad he didn't get much air time in that clip.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:15:57 PM »

I kind of hate these gigs where there are 10 different 'all star' guitarists and 'all star' bassists and 'all star' triangle players..... I never thought Carl did any though, so that's a nice find! I never pegged him as a Bo Diddley fan, but then it's pretty hard not to like Bo. I do miss him.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 07:23:08 PM »

I kind of hate these gigs where there are 10 different 'all star' guitarists and 'all star' bassists and 'all star' triangle players..... I never thought Carl did any though, so that's a nice find! I never pegged him as a Bo Diddley fan, but then it's pretty hard not to like Bo. I do miss him.

I didn't even consciously remember Bo was gone until just now, when you said you miss him. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 08:45:07 PM »

I have the DVD. Carl's there, but he mostly hangs around in the back line. Not much face time.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 08:55:32 PM »

If ithis is the concert I'm thinking of, it's from 1985, I think. The highlight(?) is when Ron Wood tries to give Chuck a guitar, but Chuck keeps backing away. It happens about five or so times. Ron just kind of looks around at everybody else on the stage and seems confused. Supposedly Chuck was having one of his famous "ego moods".

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »

Carl is playing rythm guitar backing up Bo. He's not there for the one or two Chuck songs but on that mentioned scene when Berry comes on stage and refuses to take Woods' guitar.
Carl is also to be seen backstage and he gets to say "Well, Chuck Berry is the reason I learned guitar" or something to that effect. To tell you the truth, I think he was a little disappointed that he didn't get to play with Chuck or maybe just Chuck himself pissed him off, who knows

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »

Chuck Berry - where would rock be without him?  Prize asshole, though.
To be honest, this sort of Blues stuff bores my ass off.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 12:23:21 PM »

Chuck Berry - where would rock be without him?  Prize butthole, though.
To be honest, this sort of Blues stuff bores my ass off.

He's a really old prize butthole now; he still plays here at least once a month, tho

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx