-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:04:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  General AWESOMENESS of the Smiley Board These Days
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General AWESOMENESS of the Smiley Board These Days  (Read 4121 times)
gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 01:57:53 PM »

Not sure if this perhaps belongs in the off-topic section, but I just wanted to point out that the Smiley Smile Board has been really making me smile lately.  You guys all deserve a pat on the back.  There's been some wonderfully whacked-out threads (Mike just nicked my bike, Bruce's Moustache) rubbing necks with some vital discussions (Brian's Morphing Songs, Various Questions Thread, Brian's Shouty Vocals).  I don't know if it's maybe the excitement over Brian's great Gershwin album, but there's something in the air (smoke?  Cool Guy) and people here are really getting engaged in some groovy conversation.  Hat's off to you folks!

To give my whispy thread subject a bit more weight, how about posting some of our favorite stand-alone posts from the board of late.  Here's one that stood out for me:

The poetry of Surf's Up is of a different kind. About innocence, loss of innocence, innocence reinstated, found again in children... and that's half of the story. The other half is decadence, fall of civilization, towers crumbling... and hope that a renaissance is possible. The two mingle of course: every individual experiences the loss of youth, and the hard fact that mortality is there for all of us, no one excepted. For me the song means that our children carry the personalities of their creators into the future in some way; but we ourselves may through our beliefs be immortal in a spiritual way.

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »

LOL, from the day 'So Cold I Go Burr' left our presence (okay, it's not a stand-alone post, but still funny as heck):

Until he pops up again under another name, that is. Keep your eyes peeled everyone. His likes include drugs, talking about drugs, "Love You", drugs, howling at the moon, staying in his bedroom and drugs.  Dislikes include "Sgt.Pepper", anti drug conformist squares, Jeff Foskett, well reasoned intelligible posts and AGD....

Shouldn't be too hard to spot..........

You forgot the drugs.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »

Now if only someone would help me buy gear...  Grin

Seriously, though. It's a pleasure reading this board, and me and the few pints I've had tonight would like to thank you all for the aforementioned pleasure.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 05:36:48 PM »

I don't pretend to get a lot of the jokes made (Wishbone Ash especially), but man...this has been the best it's been in a few years. Board's POPPIN'!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:09:24 PM »

I just think it's great that there's a place you can go to discuss the Beach Boys and have a really good laugh at the same time. The jokes/goofyness quota has definitely gone up in the last couple of months or so and I'm as guilty as that as anyone. It all seems to be in the spirit of fun and no real harm is meant. We all love ya really Mike! Good vibes to all.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 07:13:47 PM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 06:29:35 AM »

Not sure if this perhaps belongs in the off-topic section, but I just wanted to point out that the Smiley Smile Board has been really making me smile lately.  You guys all deserve a pat on the back.  There's been some wonderfully whacked-out threads (Mike just nicked my bike, Bruce's Moustache) rubbing necks with some vital discussions (Brian's Morphing Songs, Various Questions Thread, Brian's Shouty Vocals).  I don't know if it's maybe the excitement over Brian's great Gershwin album, but there's something in the air (smoke?  Cool Guy) and people here are really getting engaged in some groovy conversation.  Hat's off to you folks!

To give my whispy thread subject a bit more weight, how about posting some of our favorite stand-alone posts from the board of late.  Here's one that stood out for me:

The poetry of Surf's Up is of a different kind. About innocence, loss of innocence, innocence reinstated, found again in children... and that's half of the story. The other half is decadence, fall of civilization, towers crumbling... and hope that a renaissance is possible. The two mingle of course: every individual experiences the loss of youth, and the hard fact that mortality is there for all of us, no one excepted. For me the song means that our children carry the personalities of their creators into the future in some way; but we ourselves may through our beliefs be immortal in a spiritual way.

Sweet, I was responsible for 2 of those posts!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 10:04:35 AM »

I just think it's great that there's a place you can go to discuss the Beach Boys and have a really good laugh at the same time. The jokes/goofyness quota has definitely gone up in the last couple of months or so and I'm as guilty as that as anyone. It all seems to be in the spirit of fun and no real harm is meant. We all love ya really Mike! Good vibes to all.

Well said that man. I would not be surprised at all if people belonging to the inner circle would peep in here every now and then. They're as human as all of us.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 10:52:43 AM »

Oh, they do.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: