gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:13:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear Lord, no...  (Read 17913 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »

'We made a dog listen to Summer In Paradise'

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »

Wilson's Missing Cat Update.

Clues Found.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »

Wilson's Missing Cat Update.

Clues Found.
Too bad the Lovester's head was not available. Razz
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »

'We made a dog listen to Summer In Paradise'

Ok, that is just brilliant  LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2010, 06:51:28 PM »

PiLE

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2010, 02:46:58 AM »

Man, I HATE musicals! They're up there with Cheddar, Camembert and Wensleydale.
Hey, none of those cheeses can be as bad as Limburger. If it's as cheesy as Limburger, it'll be a total flop!

What about the Beatles' "Love" musical? If this new Beach Boys thing is as good as "Love", which is still showing in Vegas, it'll be pretty successful.

Mikie -

there's real trouble in the air. See: the Don was born in The Netherlands, in the province indicated on the map below. Pistols, or rapiers?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2010, 07:54:37 AM »

"Love" isn't a musical either.  Cirque de soleil is something else entirely. 

ALSO CHEDDAR IS AWESOME.  and the best cheese for a burger. 
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2010, 08:30:01 AM »

Good cheddar is good. Cheap cheddar is cheap.

I'm not familiar with this Glee thing that people keep mentioning, nor with High School Musical, but my 5-year-old niece is into the latter which makes me think it a product along these lines might not be for me.

“We live in divisive times.”
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »

Mr. Donical Heart -

Over in this Northern Fornicalia part of the U.S., if you want to piss somebody off - I mean really piss 'em off, you lift up the hood of their car when they're not around and you put a big cube of Limburger cheese on the top of the engine block. Close the hood, and when they get in and start the car, the Limburger melts and that poo permeates the entire interior of the car. It's real hard to get the smell out, even after you steam clean it off. It seems to stay in the carpet and upholstry for weeks.

After smelling that, you never want to go near Limburger cheese again, much less eat it.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2010, 09:20:39 AM »

Mr. Donical Heart -

Over in this Northern Fornicalia part of the U.S., if you want to piss somebody off - I mean really piss 'em off, you lift up the hood of their car when they're not around and you put a big cube of Limburger cheese on the top of the engine block. Close the hood, and when they get in and start the car, the Limburger melts and that poo permeates the entire interior of the car. It's real hard to get the smell out, even after you steam clean it off. It seems to stay in the carpet and upholstry for weeks.

After smelling that, you never want to go near Limburger cheese again, much less eat it.

Hmmm.... cheesy, but I'll let you off the hook this time. A weird sense of humour you have over there...

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2010, 10:09:36 AM »

Yeah, almost as weird as including an extra vowel in the word "humor"!  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2010, 10:21:36 AM »

LOL your humour, my honour. Adds some colour to my day, and to that of my neighbour too.

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »

LOL your humour, my honour. Adds some colour to my day, and to that of my neighbour too.

Hey, let's call the whole thing off

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2010, 01:40:03 AM »

Hey, let's call the whole thing off

LOL Smokin

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »

I found a picture of the film in production:

Is this the Pet Sounds section of the musical?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2010, 12:37:39 PM »

John Stamos is also trying to get a BB episode or at least a song on Glee..

I don't like how the future is shaping up  Tongue

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »

I saw a promo for a Simpsons show a few weeks ago.....the Simpsons featured some of the cast from Glee and they sang a Beach Boys tune with parody lyrics....Thank God in heaven I don't remember what song it was....I just recall the parody being incredibly stupid.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »

Good Vibrations.

BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2010, 05:35:39 PM »

As probably one of the only people in the world who is obsessed with the Beach Boys and also watches Glee, this would actually not necessarily be a bad thing.  One of the subplots of Glee is often that they take music which has a certain reputation and seems "uncool" to the high school protagonists, and show how its relevant to their (and implicitly, the shows teenage viewers) lives.  I could easily imagine an episode of Glee along the lines of "you know how everyone thinks the Beach Boys are just fun in the sun...well actually they had intense and emotional lives" with some of the band's darker/more serious songs included. It could really bring a new generation to the Beach Boys.  Not to say they might just sing I Get Around or whatever, but its definitely possible, given the tone of the show, especially if Stamos is involved, since he actually is a big fan and must know the catalogue. 

just my two cents. 
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2010, 07:16:57 AM »

yeah i don't see how a beach boys glee episode is anything but a good thing
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2010, 09:12:15 AM »

As probably one of the only people in the world who is obsessed with the Beach Boys and also watches Glee, this would actually not necessarily be a bad thing.  One of the subplots of Glee is often that they take music which has a certain reputation and seems "uncool" to the high school protagonists, and show how its relevant to their (and implicitly, the shows teenage viewers) lives.  I could easily imagine an episode of Glee along the lines of "you know how everyone thinks the Beach Boys are just fun in the sun...well actually they had intense and emotional lives" with some of the band's darker/more serious songs included. It could really bring a new generation to the Beach Boys.  Not to say they might just sing I Get Around or whatever, but its definitely possible, given the tone of the show, especially if Stamos is involved, since he actually is a big fan and must know the catalogue.

I want one of the teenagers on Glee to develop a cocaine addiction and overlook the ocean while "Til I Die" plays. Maybe that wheelchair kid. Otherwise, I'm not convinced that it's relevant, nor will I be entertained.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2010, 10:23:03 AM »

I want one of the teenagers on Glee to develop a cocaine addiction and overlook the ocean while "Til I Die" plays. Maybe that wheelchair kid. Otherwise, I'm not convinced that it's relevant, nor will I be entertained.

I think they should do Roller Skating Child! Azn Wink Wink

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »

This would clearly be the most appropriate venue for "Hey Little Tomboy"!
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »

This would clearly be the most appropriate venue for "Hey Little Tomboy"!

There are no appropriate venues for "Hey Little Tomboy".

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2010, 09:43:18 PM »

Haha, I know. I hate that song too, don't worry. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about the song and it is a travesty that something like that can get released while leaving so much good things in the vaults...
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx