gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:10:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pictures of Promo Spot records/Sleeves  (Read 5655 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2010, 02:22:27 PM »

Pics of (  Mostly) Radio Promo spots from records/Picture Sleeves:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:32:18 AM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:25:12 PM »

OK. Here we have the
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:32:47 AM by bgas » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:54:50 PM »

Here we have
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:33:17 AM by bgas » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:55:05 PM »

OK. Here we have the Things Are Changing Picture Sleeve and label, for which Brian played piano; there were also versions by The Supremes, The Four Seasons and ? which Ive been told all use the same track with Brian (I don't have them, so I don't know):

Brian was supposed to play piano on the session, produced by Phil Spector, but didn't play on the master because Phil kicked him out - His piano playing obviously not up to scratch. The song, in case you didn't know, is Don't Hurt My Little Sister - Brian offered it to Phil, Phil recorded it and put it on this as a snipe at Brian, possibly. A shame, because the track is GLORIOUS without the damn vocals.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »

OK. Here we have the Things Are Changing Picture Sleeve and label, for which Brian played piano; there were also versions by The Supremes, The Four Seasons and ? which Ive been told all use the same track with Brian (I don't have them, so I don't know):

Brian was supposed to play piano on the session, produced by Phil Spector, but didn't play on the master because Phil kicked him out - His piano playing obviously not up to scratch. The song, in case you didn't know, is Don't Hurt My Little Sister - Brian offered it to Phil, Phil recorded it and put it on this as a snipe at Brian, possibly. A shame, because the track is GLORIOUS without the damn vocals.

Hmm. I've read a number of different articles on this prduction, and barring input form Brian or Phil, I'd say it's till up in the air. It appears the vocal seesions for the Blossoms were produced by Jerry Riopelle, but I haven't seen any concrete evidence that he re-recorded the original Ronettes track, or that Brian was deinitely not playing on the master. I'd love to see the proof that he didn't play. I'm keeping the record/sleeve regardless. 
and I was mistaken, it was Jay and The Americans who also recorded this, not the Four Seasons. Only three versions, tho there is apparently a Spanish language version using the same track. 

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 02:49:33 AM »

According to Riopelle, Spector did cut a basic track with Brian, but passed on the song when Brian (or, much more likely, Murry) wouldn't let him have a slice of the writing credit. So Riopelle recut the track that was used. If this is accurate, not only is Brian not on it, but it's not a Spector production either.

If.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 02:52:14 AM »

OK. Here we have the Things Are Changing Picture Sleeve and label, for which Brian played piano; there were also versions by The Supremes, The Four Seasons and ?

Jay & The Americans, I think.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 08:37:53 AM »

According to Riopelle, Spector did cut a basic track with Brian, but passed on the song when Brian (or, much more likely, Murry) wouldn't let him have a slice of the writing credit. So Riopelle recut the track that was used. If this is accurate, not only is Brian not on it, but it's not a Spector production either.

If.

Yeah, there are some Ifs:
 Here's a Spectropop bit on the song, seemingly crediting Brian:        http://www.spectropop.com/gg/thingsarechanging.html

In this 1965 Billboard, Spector got ALL the credit for writing the song, tho he probably did nothing at all:
http://books.google.com/books?id=OykEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA8&lpg=PA8&dq=%22things+are+changing,+the+blossoms,equal+employment+opportunities

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx