gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 12:22:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meeting Mike and Bruce?  (Read 8579 times)
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »

I'm going to the Beach Boys show on Thursday and will be bringing some vinyl in hopes of getting it signed. Is there any chance to this or am I wasting my time.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »

It could happen if you're lucky.

Some years ago they played in Copenhagen and we were a few local fans who met up a couple of hours before the show in a meeting room at the venue. One of the guys went outside for some fresh air and bumped into Bruce who apparently was doing the same - so he told him about the small fan gathering and shortly thereafter Bruce popped in for a quick hello. He signed my copy of Friends.  Smiley Nothing planned - just sheer coincidence.

summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »

That sounds awesome.

If I meet Mike I'll definitely ask if he believes in Ghosts.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »

Tell him you also want your bike back.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:37:40 PM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »

Where's the bike, Mike? Where is it?

The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:06:33 PM »

if you get to talk to Mike, make everything you say to him a SMiLE reference. I'm sure he'll love that LOL 

A broken man too tough to cry
RadBooley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »

if you get to talk to Mike, make everything you say to him a SMiLE reference. I'm sure he'll love that LOL 
"Hey Mike... do you like worms? Or are you more of a vege-tables guy? I hear eating them keeps you in great shape, especially if you down it all with some cool, cool water. Well, it's Friday night and, gee, I don't want to distract you from giving a wonderful performance!  Just some advice (and don't think of me as the kind of guy who gives speeches), but if all of the tension between the heroes and villains in your life is making you feel like Mrs. O'Leary's cow, don't be afraid to take a holiday. You're welcome."

...I'm sure he'd appreciate that, yes.
DSamore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:57:25 PM »

"Hey Mike... do you like worms? Or are you more of a vege-tables guy? I hear eating them keeps you in great shape, especially if you down it all with some cool, cool water. Well, it's Friday night and, gee, I don't want to distract you from giving a wonderful performance!  Just some advice (and don't think of me as the kind of guy who gives speeches), but if all of the tension between the heroes and villains in your life is making you feel like Mrs. O'Leary's cow, don't be afraid to take a holiday. You're welcome."

oh my god. You win for funniest! bahahahahaha that was awesome.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »

How am I? Actually Mike I'm a little tired. Yeah this crow keeps crying "uncover the cornfield" everymorning at 5 am sharp

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 12:46:08 AM »

Lovely call... and you know what I think? Mike would actually have a real good laugh about that, once he'd grasped the joke.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 01:35:07 PM »

Try getting up close and catching Bruce or Mikes attention around the last song, holding up the album and a pen.... and then making a gesture of handing the lp up on stage as they finish......that sort of thing has worked for us....
also, you might catch Scott (or John or Christian)in the wings or around the set at soundcheck....

I once talked a roadie into taking my lp backstage..and it was actually returned! LOL
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 06:21:20 PM »

you should also ask him when Summer In Paradise will be available for download in .flac format

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »

I really don't know what I would do if I met Mike Love.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 07:24:26 PM »

Me neither.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »

Shake his hand, ask him how he's doing?

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »

Hide your daughter?
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »

Or do what I did a few years back and hand him a close up photo (8x10, color), 2-shot, of Mike and me in the Austin Hilton lobby after the concert in 1969. Mike in his full garb of white sheets and long Maharishi-style hair. He knew he was the center of attention that evening in the hotel lobby.  He just stared at me and said, 'Where did you get this." The answer was self-explanatory. "Why Mike, it's you and me when things were happenin'!"
BTW, I've wanted to post this pic for years here, but it is SO personal.
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »

If I met Mike I'd goad him into reissuing his solo works on CD-R, that is, if no label is interested. If Al and David can go the CD-R route, so can Michael Edward Love.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »

If I met Mike I'd goad him into reissuing his solo works on CD-R, that is, if no label is interested. If Al and David can go the CD-R route, so can Michael Edward Love.

I'll ask him if I meet him. But I should ask Bruce too because I don't want to feel bad. Just because he's Bruce Johnston doens't mean he's not a human, GoogaMooga.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 11:25:13 AM »

Where's the bike, Mike? Where is it?

If you really want your bike back, you're gonna have to play it smart, as Mike is a sharp customer who knows every dirty trick in the book. Have you still got the hat that was dropped at the scene of the crime last week? Maybe you could arrange a trade off? Mike must be desperate to get his hat back after a week of going barehead, but just in case he tries any funny stuff, might I suggest you send him on a carefully predetermined route around town via ringing public phones, each time giving him another location he must reach by a certain time. Once you feel confident that he is not being tailed, you can give him the final meet up destination for the drop off. Then as an added plus you can ask him to sign your records for you and everyone walks away happy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:29:40 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »

No disrespect but I really respect you, Mike's Beard. Do you really think Mike LOve will miss one hat?

The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 02:20:03 PM »

No disrespect but I really respect you, Mike's Beard. Do you really think Mike LOve will miss one hat?

yes. Mike has a psychic connection with all of his hats, and being too far away from them puts him under an incredible mental strain.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »

I think it's more the prinicpal of the matter. If word on the street were to get around that Mike was willing to let one of his hats go without a fight, then every two-bit punk would be trying to muscle in for a piece of Mike's hat stash.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »

Hopefully by this time tomorrow, summerinparadise.flac will be able give us the answer to the question that has plagued Beach Boy fans, critics, scholars and biographers for time out of mind - does Mike Love or does Mike Love not believe in the existence of ghosts?

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 08:12:18 AM »

-So Mike, tell me about the time you smoked dope with Dennis.

-Do you agree, Mike, that the Beach Boys died the day that Dennis died?

-Dennis was an awesome songwriter, wasn't he Mike? Don't you wish you had that kind of skill?

-What was your connection to Charles Manson?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx