gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:54:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BWRG Vinyl  (Read 9566 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 08:39:52 AM »

cool

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

I just feel that life's short, I'm going to enjoy my posessions while I have them. If financial hardship down the road forces me to sell some of my collection, I won't own those records anymore....but I'll have had tne enjoyment of playing them.

Some of the "values" of records I bought for little outlay 20 years ago are just silly, in my humble opinion.

I'd rather be known as the crazy guy who played his Lamb Lies Down on Brodaway 45 at a drunken party than the guy who keeps records in a display cabinet.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 10:28:29 AM »

Yeah, I played my original 'Bob & Sheri' Surfer Moon single once or twice..............dumb.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 10:42:53 AM »

Yeah, I played my original 'Bob & Sheri' Surfer Moon single once or twice..............dumb.

Yeah, maybe, but we prefer to think of you as our dumb angel

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 10:50:26 AM »

C'mon, quit teasing me, Bgas.  I can't take it.  I'm very sensitive.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 11:18:09 AM »

Yes. I know. Susan told me

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 11:21:13 AM »

Susan who.

Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »

In a few days, the free market will be determining the current value of an autographed vinyl copy
of BWRG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290472638074&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:23:16 PM by Stample » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 01:14:30 PM »

In a few days, the free market will be determining the current value of an autographed vinyl copy
of BWRG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290472638074&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The free market has already determined a value, twice: 

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRIAN-WILSON-Reimagines-Gershwin-SIGNED-LP-BEACH-BOYS-/300461832685    ( $170 )

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-BRIAN-WILSON-reimagines-GERSHWIN-VINYL-WOW-/290469710069   ( # 1242,  $154.50; previously sold by the same seller for the one ending in a few days)

absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »

How much somebody is prepared to pay is not the same as "value".

The owner may place more or less value on it than the cost. Market is a fickle thing. The money necessary to purchase my first edition  (pink scroll) Trespass album by Genesis from 1970 complete with lyric sheet has fluctuated between US$20 to US$700 in the 21 years I have owned the record. More fool the person who sold it to me for US$30 (20 pounds at the time. Damn this American keyboard!).

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 10:04:55 PM »

See that? I could have kept my #56 sealed and then have Brian sign it next time I see him and then I could have turned around and sell it for fat cash! But NO! I've opened the damn thing and played it.
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 04:23:29 AM »

My local independent music retailer had three copies of the BWRG vinyl in stock last night (in the W section, not out on prominent display). Strangely, all were numbered 56......not. One each in the 1000 range, 2000 range and 3000 range.  Thought I had read the the limited edition was limited to 2000? What's the number?

Took home the lowest numbered one. Now waiting to see if the record police arrive and force me to take it out of the shrink wrap.  Roll Eyes

MBE
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 12:05:05 AM »

I ordered it from acousticsounds.com but the usually spot on company didn't get it in yet. I cancelled it and finally got one from amazon. I can't wait to hear it.
Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 06:41:46 AM »

If/when I find a new copy of the BWRG vinyl, I'm going to buy a turntable and make a vinyl rip. THEN I can play it. Cause even if I accidentally destroy it, I'll still have it. Suckers!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 07:22:18 AM »

If I can get hold of a BWRG vinyl copy, I will steal many old unused X-ray photos from the academic hospital nearby. Then I will do intense research on how Russian kids managed to make Beatles boots in the '60s and '70s with only these photos as templates for further pressings (negative positive mother etc. the whole process). And then I will press boots of BWRG in my own secret lab. Then I will bring my BWRG copy to a bank safe. And then I will play X-rays of broken arms, ribs, legs, skulls, and penises with the music of BWRG for the rest of my goddarn life.

THAT'S WHAT I'LL DO!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »

My local independent music retailer had three copies of the BWRG vinyl in stock last night (in the W section, not out on prominent display). Strangely, all were numbered 56......not. One each in the 1000 range, 2000 range and 3000 range.  Thought I had read the the limited edition was limited to 2000? What's the number?

Took home the lowest numbered one. Now waiting to see if the record police arrive and force me to take it out of the shrink wrap.  Roll Eyes

mine arrived from amazon monday. number 2647

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2018, 05:53:05 AM »

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was in my local record store and found a signed copy of the Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin. From what I read, only the first 200 copies ordered were signed, and I was just trying to determine if this one is legit. I wasn't a member here when this came out, so I'm trying to play catch up on this eight-year-old album. The number is 1646. The autograph is in silver, which seems to match the others I've seen online. Is there a way to verify its authenticity?
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx