gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:34:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wilson phillips releases xmas cd this year  (Read 2837 times)
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »

link: http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Christm ... =christmas

Wilson Phillips to release Christmas CD

NEW YORK, May 7 (UPI) -- The 1990s U.S. pop trio Wilson Phillips is working on its first Christmas album, which is to be released in October, Sony Masterworks said Friday.

Comprised of Chynna Phillips, Carnie Wilson and Wendy Wilson, the female singing group is best known for its hits "Hold On," "Release Me" and "You're in Love."

The three are reuniting with their original music producer, Glen Ballard,on the Christmas-themed album.

Ballard co-wrote Michael Jackson's hit single "Man in the Mirror" and produced Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill" album. He was also the main producer behind Wilson Phillips' self-titled 1990 debut album, which sold more than 10 million copies worldwide.

"Reuniting Wilson Phillips with the multitalented pop producer and songwriter Glen Ballard on an album featuring Christmas favorites and newly written songs is certain to become a holiday classic," Alex Miller, senior vice president and general manager of Sony Masterworks, said in a statement.

The trio is also expected to announce tour dates in the near future, the act's record label said.

VIDEO LINK: http://www.nbcmiami.com/entertainment/music/Wilson_Phillips_Reunites_For_Christmas_Album_All__National_.html
MD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:00:33 PM »

Wilson Phillips "Christmas in Harmony" was released today...

And includes "Our Prayer"!

You can hear a 30 second clip at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Harmony-Wilson-Phillips/dp/B0040ZA2EU

MD...
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »

There's something fakey about those Our Prayer vocals. ProTools? Too effect laden? I'm not technologically aware enough to spot what, but it sounds wrong somehow. Anyone?

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 01:02:31 AM »

There's something fakey about those Our Prayer vocals. ProTools? Too effect laden? I'm not technologically aware enough to spot what, but it sounds wrong somehow. Anyone?

Oh, for sure, pitch correction central !

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »

Yep + sounds like there is some thickening by copying the exact take of one vocal to create the effect of double tracking. That gives that "hollow" sound.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 04:48:31 PM »

I really dislike Wilson Phillips music and really anything I've heard that Carnie and/or Wendy have done. The production is always so shlocky. I don't know what Brian's relationship with his daughters is nowadays, but I wish he'd produce something of theirs...for real. It would be interesting to hear.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 06:16:27 PM »

Yep + sounds like there is some thickening by copying the exact take of one vocal to create the effect of double tracking. That gives that "hollow" sound.

"Hollow" is a nice way to put it - I would have gone with "lifeless."  They took all the soul out of one of Brian's most spiritual/soulful songs. 

I've always liked their voices, but Amy is absolutely right, they have always been horribly produced.  Brian could probably do a nice job, but really, anybody who could make their vocals sound human again would be nice.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 01:51:51 AM »

I don't know what Brian's relationship with his daughters is nowadays, but I wish he'd produce something of theirs...for real. It would be interesting to hear.

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 03:27:07 AM »

I like three of their albums,

Wilson Phillips
The Wilsons
California

and I might also get Carnie's lullabies album.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 03:32:50 AM »

I like some of the lullaby stuff. Heaven is a great tune!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 08:12:06 AM »

I don't know what Brian's relationship with his daughters is nowadays, but I wish he'd produce something of theirs...for real. It would be interesting to hear.

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

Okay, I guess that means their relationship is not as close as it was a decade or so ago. It would have been nice, though.
Bill Ed
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 01:25:14 PM »

Oh, for sure, pitch correction central !

I'm not doubting you at all, but what should I listen for? The vocals certainly sound "processed", but I don't know how to recognize pitch correction.
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »

http://www.wilsonphillipsmusic.com/music

here you can pre-listen to the complete songs. I will order mine. so many great songs...i wish it could be xmas everyday  Grin
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 03:54:35 PM »

I think they do a nice "our prayer", but they should have made it the first song you hear when you pop it in the player.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »

It's the bass vocals that throw me off as too pitch corrected.... and the high ones aren't high enough. Although, sh*t, it's better than I could do  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx