gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:10:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Much Did Brian...  (Read 14719 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2010, 03:48:43 PM »

I just feel like you're cut from the same cloth of people who go around constantly calling Brian "tormented", "insane", and etc. You know, the sort of people who don't like Love You or listen to Mt. Vernon and Fairway and think that they know what he SHOULD be doing. And then you have the audacity to wonder why Brian hates interviewers and is scared of his fans. merda, he has every right to be.

With this little outburst, you've made it abundantly evident that you've never read a word I've written about Brian, Love You or, indeed, The Beach Boys in toto over the last 30+ years (or indeed, in this forum either). Therefore your opinion and conclusions on these matters is necessarily worthless. Call me names, denigrate my research and writings if you feel you have to but at least have the decency to obtain a basic grasp of the subject in hand.

In the words of the French Soldier, "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Yes, I think that covers it.  Smiley

As for the original question/assertion re: LSD, there is no point in replying as if I say "yes" you won't believe me, and if I say "no", you'll crow "told ya so": as for "Or am I to really believe that you've read countless books on the subject of acid and have gotten firsthand accounts on the effects from acid users, after which you then came to your conclusions, without bias?", no, not countless books, but a goodly sampling, and yes, I've gotten first hand accounts and experiences on which I've based my conclusion. It's called "research". There's a reason LSD is illegal, you know.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:49:37 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2010, 04:02:03 PM »

You say I 'obviously' haven't, and who am I to question your omniscience in matters regarding my private life ?

Because it's obvious you haven't taken acid. It don't need to be meteorologist to tell if the sun outside my window is shining.

You're being a very intellectually dishonest person right now. I personally have never taken acid. I have taken psychedelic drugs, but not acid. Consequently, you don't see me  going around claiming that acid rewires people's brains, because how the foder could I know that? Because I had a certain viewpoint indoctrinated in me by the establishment and society from birth? Open your mind. Or am I to really believe that you've read countless books on the subject of acid and have gotten firsthand accounts on the effects from acid users, after which you then came to your conclusions, without bias? You can claim that I can't know if you did, but who are you fooling? Or am I to believe that you may have taken acid, in light of your recent comments? Feel free to prove me wrong. You want to go around pointing the finger when people get BB minutia wrong, but you can't handle it when the shoe is on the other foot.

I just feel like you're cut from the same cloth of people who go around constantly calling Brian "tormented", "insane", and etc. You know, the sort of people who don't like Love You or listen to Mt. Vernon and Fairway and think that they know what he SHOULD be doing. And then you have the audacity to wonder why Brian hates interviewers and is scared of his fans. merda, he has every right to be.

You've got to be kidding me. I thought your initial post to AGD was a joke. You don't need to have taken the drug to know it screws with ones brain: take your own advice for pities sake: "I don't need to be meteorologist to tell if the sun outside my window is shining."

Society told me LSD was bad for a reason. As AGD points out, it's illegal for a reason. I've seen firsthand (and I'm fairly certain 80% others on this board (possibly, as well as yourself) have) what LSD can do to someone's mind: ie anxiety disorders, panic attacks, yadayada...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2010, 05:20:19 PM »

why does everyone say merda here.

EDIT:
actually wait there's a thread for this!!

located: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,8214.msg155818.html#msg155818
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:21:40 PM by Runaways » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2010, 05:21:19 PM »

With this little outburst, you've made it abundantly evident that you've never read a word I've written about Brian, Love You or, indeed, The Beach Boys in toto over the last 30+ years (or indeed, in this forum either). Therefore your opinion and conclusions on these matters is necessarily worthless. Call me names, denigrate my research and writings if you feel you have to but at least have the decency to obtain a basic grasp of the subject in hand.

In the words of the French Soldier, "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Yes, I think that covers it.  Smiley

As for the original question/assertion re: LSD, there is no point in replying as if I say "yes" you won't believe me, and if I say "no", you'll crow "told ya so": as for "Or am I to really believe that you've read countless books on the subject of acid and have gotten firsthand accounts on the effects from acid users, after which you then came to your conclusions, without bias?", no, not countless books, but a goodly sampling, and yes, I've gotten first hand accounts and experiences on which I've based my conclusion. It's called "research". There's a reason LSD is illegal, you know.

And also never mind the fact that it's *none* of our business if you've ever done acid or not. That's not being evasive, that' s just expecting others to mind their own business.

Society told me LSD was bad for a reason. As AGD points out, it's illegal for a reason.

That, however, is not a good argument. Just it being legal or illegal doesn't affect whether or not it's "bad" for you. Alcohol destroys far more lives than weed ever possibly could, yet the former is legal and the latter isn't. Then again, considering race had a huge part to play in it being illegal in the first place...anyway, that's a rant for a different time.

Runaways, it's the word filter.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2010, 07:49:32 PM »

Society told me LSD was bad for a reason. As AGD points out, it's illegal for a reason.

That, however, is not a good argument. Just it being legal or illegal doesn't affect whether or not it's "bad" for you. Alcohol destroys far more lives than weed ever possibly could, yet the former is legal and the latter isn't. Then again, considering race had a huge part to play in it being illegal in the first place...anyway, that's a rant for a different time.

Runaways, it's the word filter.

That's true.

Hallucinogenics, including shrooms, lsd and even cannabis can exacerbate dormant mental conditions. Having said that, if you seriously abuse any drug/drink long enough and you have no genetic predisposition to mental illness, it can still mess you up. However in that instance withdrawing from use completely will eventually help you to recover.

A lot of drug casualties are down to irresponsible use, randomly mixing substances and taking no care in preparing the correct set and setting.
Look at Amsterdam, the only reason they made shrooms illegal was because the tourists would go out there, drink all day, smoke in the cafes, then take some shrooms, without even knowing what they were in for, completely freak out and then end up in the hospital pumped full of valium
MBE
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2010, 08:28:21 PM »

The Beach Boys did more to keep me away from drugs then Nancy Regan angel. Actually they did scare the hell out of me which is why I've never tried anything except pot once.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »

You say I 'obviously' haven't, and who am I to question your omniscience in matters regarding my private life ?

Oh crap, I don't particularly like Love You and would be ecstatic if Brian made more Mt.Vernon and Fairway type music. Does that make me a rotten Beach Boys fan?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2010, 11:21:55 PM »

Oh crap, I don't particularly like Love You and would be ecstatic if Brian made more Mt.Vernon and Fairway type music. Does that make me a rotten Beach Boys fan?

Apparently so, according to the Olympian Dictat of Dada.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2010, 11:29:39 PM »

Yeah, to me one of the things that makes the music so wonderful is that there really is something for everyone, and also is so diverse that a large majority of people will not like the entire output. I mean, really, the only other group that had such distinct eras is Fleetwood Mac.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »

Andrew, I still think you're cool regardless of whether or not you're an acid-tripping hippy.  Rock on!
MBE
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »

Yeah, to me one of the things that makes the music so wonderful is that there really is something for everyone, and also is so diverse that a large majority of people will not like the entire output. I mean, really, the only other group that had such distinct eras is Fleetwood Mac.
Very well said. My Fleetwood Mac is incidentally the 67-70 one. I like Kiln House from late 1970 ,too but that's still most of the originals.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2010, 09:38:18 AM »

I'm gonna be predictable and say "Rumors" does it for me. Also as far as this may stray from the original thread topic I'd just like to state that in the 70's Stevie Nicks was quite possibly the most beautiful woman on the planet and it's little wonder that Brian wrote a song about how much he wanted to shag her.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:56:17 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »

Has she ever heard the song? If so, what did she think of it? Cool Guy
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2010, 10:03:36 AM »

Has she ever heard the song? If so, what did she think of it? Cool Guy

They should've finished and released it. I think it's a great song and a lot more exciting than most of stuff they released at the time.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »

which song is this again
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »

This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOB4dPwTtIc
gfx