gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 01:26:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Want A Brother Records T-Shirt....Bad.  (Read 28298 times)
markcharles75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »

I made my own back in 2000...Just took out the insert (logo picture) from the back of the sunflower/surfs up cd, went to a tshirt store and before I knew it, I had a really cool shirt!

"Watch the balloon you buy just to let fly away..."
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »

Yeah, but does it have "The Beach Boys" scribed underneath the logo??  That separates the men from the boys.  The elite from the also-rans in Beach Boys shirtdom.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 06:16:32 PM »

Someone made their own and had a high quality graphic to print hte tshirt

but they never got to send it to me, wah wah Sad

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
jammer730
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 12:09:37 AM »

Personally "The Beach" doesn't resonate with me well. It's too ambiguous. A beach playing that music? How can sand play keyboard?

Hahaha...oh man, the funniest mental image: a pile of sand trying to form hands to play a keyboard  Grin
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 06:31:34 AM »

John Porteous of famed Newcastle record shop Pet Sounds used to do just these items. The logo was quite small-ish, and placed where a breast pocket would be, white on black. Looked like it might have been an official Brother records t-shirt. I still have mine 15+ years on, though it's rather threadbare (and too small) these days.

I don't know whether they still make 'em, and their website's been offline for awhile, but you can probably find an email address or phone no on the web.

still have the t-shirt and polo. And still able to wear it  Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 06:38:06 AM »

John Porteous of famed Newcastle record shop Pet Sounds used to do just these items. The logo was quite small-ish, and placed where a breast pocket would be, white on black. Looked like it might have been an official Brother records t-shirt. I still have mine 15+ years on, though it's rather threadbare (and too small) these days.

I don't know whether they still make 'em, and their website's been offline for awhile, but you can probably find an email address or phone no on the web.

So you've been boozing Buckler only, over the years, then?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 07:09:02 AM »

still have the t-shirt and polo. And still able to wear it  Grin

everything but Buckler.... and Oranjeboom...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 07:51:29 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 07:20:23 AM »

everything but Buckler.... and Oranjeboom...

LOL I am a Brand man myself... it was launched in the U.S. in the '80s, but the Americans were wary about the name. 'Brand' in their eyes was about as high-brow as Euroshopper...

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »

LOL I am a Brand man myself... it was launched in the U.S. in the '80s, but the Americans were wary about the name. 'Brand' in their eyes was about as high-brow as Euroshopper...

It took one sketch from a certain Dutch comidient to change Buckler from a decent selling alcohol-free beer into a non-selling product at all.

astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 04:11:53 PM »

The Blue is from April of 72 - 3 dollars ,the maroon , 74 I think 4 dollars

Cook pork throughly
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »

i want that blue one so bad

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »

I have the same one as the blue one, only it's gold. Still in great shape, professionally pinned and framed behind glass. Oh the memories of the concerts from that era.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 12:03:34 AM »

I have the same shirt as the maroon one above, except it's light blue (like the '72 shirt). I was wearing it when I had my picture taken with Brian in front of a limo. He stared at it for a few seconds and seemed to like it.

I'd really like someone to replicate either of the shirts above.  I'd even wear it to work.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:08:10 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 01:35:41 AM »

It took one sketch from a certain Dutch comidient to change Buckler from a decent selling alcohol-free beer into a non-selling product at all.

LOL yes it did. One of the funniest stories about alcohol-free beer ever. Bavaria eventually took over bigtime because the U.S. soldiers in the first Gulf War loved it so much, and mr. Youp was absent then (or he was threatened with a lawsuit...).

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 02:03:44 AM »

Got to have one!!!!!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 02:10:17 AM »

Got to have one!!!!!

Can we sign a petition? Form some kind of pressure group? Blackmail Fruit Of The Loom?

Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2010, 10:16:43 AM »

Love these.  Wow.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:17:59 AM by Menace Wilson » Logged

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »

As someone pointed out, the Brother logo would be registered and so possibly any talk of a talented poster possibly doing a drawing large enough that one could take into a store to get printed on to a T-shirt would be frowned upon on this board and should cease I guess.

Off topic, but I really like the statue of 'Appeal to the Great Spirit' by Cyrus Dallin. Would there be a talented poster who possibly could do a drawing large enough that one could take into a store to get printed on to a T-shirt?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/5047_mfa_dallin_appeal_spirit-esmall.jpg

Heres a good deal for $42 for any other art aficonado.

http://www.mfashop.com/534605.html
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2010, 09:27:47 PM »

As someone pointed out, the Brother logo would be registered and so possibly any talk of a talented poster possibly doing a drawing large enough that one could take into a store to get printed on to a T-shirt would be frowned upon on this board and should cease I guess.

I wouldn't frown upon it.  I'd welcome it!

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 01:26:30 AM »

Love these.  Wow.

I was at "Thrift Town" in Vallejo, CA about 10 years ago, looking through the usual run-of-the-mill, mediocre t-shirts, when suddenly, like an apparition, a lightly tie-dyed, orange t-shirt with this logo, dated '74, in perfect condition, appeared before my eyes like an incongruous, holy vision. I examined it and was delighted to see that it was XL (pretty uncommon for '70s shirts). Slightly smaller than modern XLs but I could wear it and still can (it's getting VERY tight though). 99 cents!!! My best thrift store find ever.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 12:02:59 PM »

Had to dig back to find this thread, after coming across this on ebay: 
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-early-1970s-Beach-Boys-T-Shirt-XL-/110594717777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bff57851
I always, (o.k., sometimes), hate tooting my own horn, but this was the original logo.  I remember first seeing it, and wondering why in the hell they would use The End of the Trail...  When I finally couldn't take it, and brought it to Dennis' attention, he blew his stack!  That's when they adopted 'Appeal to the Great Spirit'...   
w00t!
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »

Maybe they were being humourously meta and referencing the fact that, popularly and commercially, their career very much as dejected at that horseman appears!
ReggieDunbar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 06:26:34 AM »

Somewhere on a USB-stick I have a vector source file used to print this one...
promise to look for it... with the file you basically can go to any t-shirt printer and order one...

//H

(and yes, I look foolishly happy wearing it)

The pine-scented air smells so good in the snow, in our toboggan well go
screaming down the mountainside. The touch of your cheeks when theyre rosy and cold, feels so cozy to hold. Just to take you close and make you warm and...
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 06:41:31 AM »

I'll take it!  Please let me know when you've found the artwork!

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 07:07:01 AM »

Somewhere on a USB-stick I have a vector source file used to print this one...
promise to look for it... with the file you basically can go to any t-shirt printer and order one...

//H

(and yes, I look foolishly happy wearing it)

Why does Mike peep so suspiciously into the lens? And where is his right hand?

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx