gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 11:37:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Like In I Love You" Is Streaming  (Read 30955 times)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 06:18:31 PM »

Well done!! Brian's vocal is very very good. I wonder if he could pull it off LIVE? Has it had much done to it for the album?
Great song , I love it!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 07:35:41 PM »

THAT IS SO BEAUTIFUL.............. Smiley

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »

MP3?  Cool Tongue

The file is 3.82 MB if you want to fish it out of your temp files.  Just find it and rename it with a .mp3 extension  Smiley

I'm using Firefox and it was in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME HERE\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\rxzuzfuz.default\Cache

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:13:47 PM by AvanTodd » Logged
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 08:23:52 PM »

You know, it's strange, I actually think that the Disney movie song album might be pretty good after listening to this...

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 08:42:20 PM »

For the man wondering if Brian can sing like that live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX7znc-bhDs. Check out the other songs on youtube from the show. Brian's voice is in fine form.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 09:11:36 PM »

I had to digest it for a few minutes and give it a few more listens before posting my thoughts.  Man, this is good.  Seriously fucking good.  It exceeded my expectations, and I had high expectations going in.  Well done Brian!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »

MP3?  Cool Tongue

The file is 3.82 MB if you want to fish it out of your temp files.  Just find it and rename it with a .mp3 extension  Smiley

I'm using Firefox and it was in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME HERE\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\rxzuzfuz.default\Cache

haha, that worked, can't believe it.

Thanks for the help!!  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 09:18:19 PM »

MP3?  Cool Tongue

Man, how many files did you have to rename before you found that one out?

Still, thanks for making it portable.
Jason
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »

You guys have no idea how tempted I am right now to post the exact same instructions on the blueboard...Smiley
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »

Man, how many files did you have to rename before you found that one out?

Just the one.  I had just clicked on the BW.com link so I knew where it would be.  The cached files are sorted by the time they're created.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:27:22 PM by AvanTodd » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 09:30:55 PM »

You guys have no idea how tempted I am right now to post the exact same instructions on the blueboard...Smiley

And the ban hammer shall swing  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
jammer730
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »

Oh poor Brian, you've caught the auto-tune bug. Anybody else think one of the double tracked lead vocals is in auto-tune? I'd like to hear a BW/Linett original mix. I have a feeling this is going to be another Beatles/Spector situation, as far as mixes go.  Cry
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:00:49 PM by jammer730 » Logged
Day Tripper
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 10:11:46 PM »

I'm really curious now to hear exactly what Brian had to work with as far as the unfinished Gershwin fragments. I have my own ideas as far as what is Brian and what is Gershwin.

Does anyone know the story behind the Gershwin snippets Brian was given to work with? Was it to have been part of a song or symphony piece that was never completed, or just sonic sketches to work on later?

It's funny, I just finished a Music History class, and both Gershwin and Brian had sections in the text book.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 10:18:45 PM »

BW has been pitch corrected by computer since the 88 album. Not really a big deal -- it's all about the performance quality, which in this case seems to be excellent. (The one non auto tuned BW album is GIOMH -- which most people consider his worst.)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 10:39:41 PM »

And the ban hammer shall swing  Grin

Among other things... Wink

BW has been pitch corrected by computer since the 88 album. Not really a big deal -- it's all about the performance quality, which in this case seems to be excellent. (The one non auto tuned BW album is GIOMH -- which most people consider his worst.)

Mostly true... GIOMH did have autotune used on it...poorly. Check out the vocals to "Fairy Tale" again. Some strange things happen to Brian's voice on it.  What people don't realize is that auto-tune and pitch correction can't make someone tone-deaf or with a poor voice sing well...it's a myth.

Anyway, with all that said...Brian sounded AWESOME on this. Anybody else notice how sweetly Brian has been singing lately?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 11:12:30 PM »

For the man wondering if Brian can sing like that live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX7znc-bhDs. Check out the other songs on youtube from the show. Brian's voice is in fine form.

Yeah i saw that a few weeks back and it's awesome. Thanks for reminding me!! Go Brian, he seems to be getting some confidence back in that voice!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 11:22:53 PM »

And the ban hammer shall swing  Grin

Or post it on Facebook!  BW.com can't ban people from Facebook!  Mwahahahahahahahahaaaa!

Seriously, thanks for the instructions...worked perfectly for me, too.  

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 12:21:04 AM »

This is really nice. I'd love to know which bits are Gershwin and which bits are Brian. And full props to the tech guys for making Brian's voice sound almost good.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2010, 01:04:21 AM »

This is really nice. I'd love to know which bits are Gershwin and which bits are Brian. And full props to the tech guys for making Brian's voice sound almost good.

Yeah I was going to ask the same thing. As a total Gershwin ignoramus I have no idea how true to the original this is. It sounds melodically very Brian to me. Any Gerhwinados able to shed more light on this?

Thanks!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 01:14:39 AM »

Yeah I was going to ask the same thing. As a total Gershwin ignoramus I have no idea how true to the original this is. It sounds melodically very Brian to me. Any Gerhwinados able to shed more light on this?

Thanks!

As this is one of the pieces the Gershwin estate handed to Brian to finish, very few people know how true it is to the original. I recall Brian saying that he needed to write a bridge.. and of course, the lyric is, I'm pretty certain, by Scott.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 01:33:49 AM »

Check this out - looks like my insane idea was damn close !

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2010-06-29-wilson29_st_N.htm

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 02:11:40 AM »

Watch the video on that link..... and drool  Grin I so so so cannot wait for this!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 02:21:16 AM »

Oh poor Brian, you've caught the auto-tune bug. Anybody else think one of the double tracked lead vocals is in auto-tune?

'Scuse me ?  Unless Brian's done the most perfect double-tracking job of all time, all I'm hearing is a single vocal with some subtle reverb. Someone care to point out to me where it's doubled ?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:55:57 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2010, 05:46:54 AM »

Nice work. To these ears it has sort of an Adult Contemporary feel to it, though most certainly not in a way reminiscent of "Fairy Tale" or Imagination, so I guess it's fine with me. The only bit I didn't like was that line about "duplicating the universe", but never mind. Love the sweet vocal delivery. Go, Brian!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2010, 05:58:15 AM »

Thanks!

As this is one of the pieces the Gershwin estate handed to Brian to finish, very few people know how true it is to the original. I recall Brian saying that he needed to write a bridge.. and of course, the lyric is, I'm pretty certain, by Scott.

Thanks Andrew. I wondered if this was one of the 'collaborative' ones. Sounds like there's a lot of Brian in there. Good stuff.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:04:11 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx