gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681101 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 08:06:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick 'Breakaway' question  (Read 1481 times)
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:28:10 AM »

I was in work listening to the Radio (BBC Radio 2), and the first song which came on 'Steve Wright in the afternoon' (this was a week or two ago) was 'Breakaway'. However it was not the original version but definitely the version which came out originally on 'Hawthorne CA' with Brian singing the first verse (without the chatter).
My question is - has this version been subsequently released on another compilation since 'Hawthorne' becoming in a sense the standard version of Breakaway - I don't own any of the recent BB comps so I don't know the answer?

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 05:43:08 AM »

It's on The Warmth Of The Sun comp, but not sure why that's superceded the 60's version....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:57:42 AM »

It's on The Warmth Of The Sun comp, but not sure why that's superceded the 60's version....

Ah, that answers that then...it was very pleasant to hear on the radio anyway. I prefer the slightly more clear mix of that version.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:35:01 PM »

If anything the Hawthorne version is better than the famous single take. The outro is WAY better. I always thought the song faded much too soon on the standard version.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx