gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:13:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board issues?  (Read 32172 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »

I gave this web address to 5 people at work yesterday and asked them to try access it from their home computers. All five this morning told me they instantly got on! Bastards! They all hate the Beach Boys and have no interest in this site whatsoever!!  Angry

I seem to be having more joy on Google Chrome getting here but even thats no guarantee.

I would like to hear from any posters who have had little or no trouble getting on the board in the past month or so.  What's your secret guys?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:15:45 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2010, 04:16:12 AM »

Are you reading all of this, Chuck?!?

No he's not. Grin

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2010, 07:27:15 AM »

I would like to hear from any posters who have had little or no trouble getting on the board in the past month or so.  What's your secret guys?

No secret - if I get a 404, I just refresh... and if that doesn't work, i go somewhere else for a few minutes. Longest I've been unable to connect is maybe six hours, but 99% of the time, straight on. I use Vista & Firefox, if that means anything.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »

Can I have your computer please?  Cheesy

Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2010, 04:53:18 PM »

For the past few weeks I can't get to the board at work any more. It's not being blocked there - it comes up as a DNS problem. Haven't had problems at home in a long, long time.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:58:23 PM by Ganz Allein » Logged
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 07:31:02 AM »

This must be fixed. Look what happened to the whiteboard. It used to be a fresh and living BB community, much as this one, but after several crashes it's the web equivalent to a ghost town now. Wouldn't want that to happen to SS.

This is the first time in about a week I've accessed the site from home.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »

Well put. When I do get on it's not nearly as busy as it used to be. The guy with the Columbo avatar seems to have vanished, I used to enjoy his posts. Same goes to Sherrif John Stone.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »

I haven't been able to get on for a month. Yesterday, trying for the umpteenth time to get on I accidently typed smileysmile.com - realizing my mistake I replaced the .com with .net and viola! I got on. This morning I typed in smileysmile.net and got the error message - I then thought 'try going to smileysmile.com and then replace the .com with .net and maybe, like yesterday, you'll be able to get on' - I did just that and it worked.

Coincidence? Maybe. But it got me on the site - if anyone is having trouble getting on I recommend trying this - then again, if you are reading this post you are obviously not having problems lol.

I am so glad I found this forum about the error....I was about to buy a router/netbook thinking my computer was at fault (yes, I'd go through that just to read/post on this great site lol).

I hope the problem gets solved soon.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »

Weird. I had written off the SSNet board, to be honest. Because countless attempts and refresh actions and prayers and suicide attempts did not work. However, today is my lucky day, or so it seems. I am projecting my next successful login for, um, 2023, around the time the Smile-box will be released.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2010, 10:05:18 AM »

Here's a helpfull hint. After 20 or so unsuccessful attempts to access the site I screamed at my laptop "F**KING LET ME ON YOU BASTARD!" 'Lo and behold the next attempt instantly put me on the site. Hey, it worked for me!   Wink

Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 01:41:30 PM »

I've been way too busy to do any posting for quite a while now, but whenever I had free time, I'd come check up here to see what was going on. Idk if I just have the worst timing in the world or if there were major problems, but every time I tried to check, I had an issue with it not loading. I'd refresh a few times and then leave when it didn't work, so I'm not sure how long it was down each time. But it's nice to be posting something for the first time since probably January, lol.
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »

First time on for me in at least three weeks, or however long it has been since my last post. I try it once a day.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 05:51:18 AM »

I was away since... eh, can't remember anymore. Could not get in for a month, or longer. Don't know why...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »

Just wanted to clarify that for whatever reason, I am posting on and viewing the site fine. And I appear to be the only one...

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2010, 01:32:01 AM »

All day yesterday the board was actually down - came up with some page like the domain hadn't been claimed or something..... What's going on?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2010, 04:32:34 PM »

There were domain name registration issues thanks to HostICan.  I will be switching to Network Solutions ASAP.  And my apologies for the interruption.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:52:28 PM by ComicList » Logged

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2010, 05:50:50 PM »

Yay! And anytime you need anything Chuck, to keep the board open or going or whatever -- let me know. Cause I couldn't handle the day of downtime!
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2010, 05:58:52 PM »

A million bucks and a new web host would be cool.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »

Whew! Glad to see this place back!

Paulos
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2010, 09:00:09 AM »

Two days without the board and I felt lost, I think I have a problem! Now all is as it should be  Smiley
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »

Two days without the board and I felt lost, I think I have a problem! Now all is as it should be  Smiley

Same here man. I felt weird and I couldn't even go to the European BB board because as an American, I felt awkward!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »

12 days without being able to get on! That must be my personal best (or worst!). For two days it just came up with a shot of some random chick and crap like how to get a Kokomo mp3?Huh

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2010, 11:50:27 AM »

Just so everyone knows, the smileysmile.net domain name is now being managed by Network Solutions.  I do not believe there should be any issues caused by that change in the short term, but if you see something odd, please be patient, and let me know what happened.  Hopefully, this change will solve some of the other board access issues people have been seeing.

SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »

I still have problems logging in. Most of the time, I get nothing but this message:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »

OK, thanks for that info Sloop JB, I hope Chuck can use it.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx