-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What happened...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What happened...  (Read 26538 times)
MBE
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2010, 08:24:03 PM »

Having read through the censored versions of the posts I honestly don't think Jason did anything wrong in sharing his view. I look at this and say that I may not agree with what someone says but I would rush to defend their right to say it. I see opinions here all the time that I don't share. It's never ruined my day or caused my blood pressure to go up.

My own views are pretty in the middle. If I have a bias it is one for the group as a whole not just Brian and/or Mike. Honestly I don't  go too far either way because I see the good and bad in all the Beach Boys. I'm just a fan/researcher interested in the Beach Boys. I'm here because I like to read what others have to say. If people get personally hurt or offended by what I or anyone else says I think that's for them to deal with. The only thing I don't want to see is name calling and personal attacks. Frankly people who get so invested in a message board post need to really step back and try to find some balance in their lives.

Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2010, 07:45:10 AM »

One more point is that some people rightly take offense when people blame Mike for Brian's problems. But just a thought that I'll add in a humble, meek voice that it is possible that Mike hurt Brian without knowing he was doing so. I was thinking of a personal situation where I had an argument with someone which played out with several other people, she really hurt my feelings, and then about a year later she told me half of the things I thought she said she never did and people were exaggerating and/or I was coming to the wrong conclusions at the time. I think this is what happened with Mike and Brian. They had arguments, Brian's feelings got hurt and he probably made it worse than it was. Mike probably was just saying/doing what he thought was right and what he felt strongly about. Brian in 1965-1967 (and then 10x so in the following years) was a fragile person easily upset. Hell, he cried at "Flipper" and didn't have a lot of patience in general. Mike could've easily upset Brian without knowing he was doing so or as bad as he was. Just a theory.

Well said.

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: