gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:08:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some little songs on myspace  (Read 2645 times)
louielouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Have you ever been on an airplane?

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2010, 02:10:25 PM »

Hi you guys, i just wanted to invite you to have a look at myspace if you want to hear some little songs i made, iīll be glad to show you this, Thank you in advance Smiley:
http://www.myspace.com/tykes16
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »

Welcome and thanks for posting. I see you are an Olivia Tremor Control fan (from your myspace influences) and that shows. (My favorite was actually the least OTC-like tune of the bunch, the prayer. I thought it was a very sweet lyric.) Plenty of people are writing, recording, and posting music for peer discussion here. I hope you'll take part.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
louielouie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

Thanks a lot Luther, i heard a couple of your songs and i really like your composition style (i enjoyed very much "Second Chance -piano-), and reading what you wrote on the thread about making music i agree with you about the benefits of more feedback and less praise, though i think  to show your work not always  is a about being praised, i consider sometimes itīs just to share with no expectations of any kind, but thatīs why the disscussion about being creative itīs so interesting.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 05:23:48 PM »

louielouie, I guess I didn't mean that praise is a bad thing, mind you. Just that the empty, few comments don't mean a lot, as opposed to a (hopefully, ideally) more involved community willing to be RESPECTFULLY honest about each other's work. We don't have to like it, necessarily, but it is useful to listen and talk.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
louielouie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 01:35:38 AM »

louielouie, I guess I didn't mean that praise is a bad thing, mind you. Just that the empty, few comments don't mean a lot, as opposed to a (hopefully, ideally) more involved community willing to be RESPECTFULLY honest about each other's work. We don't have to like it, necessarily, but it is useful to listen and talk.

Yes, the words will  be balance  and objectivity (at least to try) isnīt?. And thanks for clarifying this for me.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 12:56:56 PM »

I enjoyed these, very unique sounding (thanks for accepting my friend request too). I like the sound of the keyboard on 'Last sorry message'. I liked the vocal work on the songs, it has a lot of real enthusiasm and passion. That is praise but that's because I liked it.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
louielouie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »

I enjoyed these, very unique sounding (thanks for accepting my friend request too). I like the sound of the keyboard on 'Last sorry message'. I liked the vocal work on the songs, it has a lot of real enthusiasm and passion. That is praise but that's because I liked it.
[/quote

Thank you very much matt zeus, i really appreciate your kind comments.
louielouie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »

hi, just an update. I put one of the songs, Last sorry Message on youtube with one cool draing that a dear friend made about the song. here it is the link for those who may be interested. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsOfP_CzhA8
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx