gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:14:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Aomdiddlywalla, parlay, Gosh Darn Highway, astroray, sloopjohnb72 and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1399200 times)
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #7050 on: October 21, 2021, 12:15:57 AM »

Does anybody know where I can see the 2012 (or was it 2011?) video of Do It Again? You know, the one with all of them at studio with the named parking spots in front of the Capitol Tower etc? I haven't seen that in years!

It's pretty ironic that a million scraps from the reunion are on YouTube, but not the actual video anymore (unless it's buried deep where it can't be easily found via search, and/or it's unlisted).

The session was around May of 2011. I think the "rough cut" of the "Do It Again" leaked around December 2011 (with no footage of Dave), and then at some point after that the "official" video was released, with some Dave footage added.

Obviously, bits and pieces of it are seen on the various C50 reunion videos. But it does indeed appear as though neither the rough or finished full version of the video is up on YouTube.
I even started to think, that maybe I imagined this thing even existed  Grin It's weird that it's down. I hope I can see it someday again, I really loved it.
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: October 21, 2021, 01:17:32 AM »

Does anybody know where I can see the 2012 (or was it 2011?) video of Do It Again? You know, the one with all of them at studio with the named parking spots in front of the Capitol Tower etc? I haven't seen that in years!

I actually have the "rough cut" saved to my computer. If you would like, please private message me your email address.
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: October 21, 2021, 12:45:55 PM »

For anyone interested, here is a Google Drive link to the "rough cut" of the 2011 "Do It Again" video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1It5pN17MHITF3sC3MO5l6Tn1Bx-ZVl89/view?usp=sharing
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: October 21, 2021, 07:45:34 PM »

For anyone interested, here is a Google Drive link to the "rough cut" of the 2011 "Do It Again" video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1It5pN17MHITF3sC3MO5l6Tn1Bx-ZVl89/view?usp=sharing

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, positivemusic, but thanks a lot for posting this!!
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: October 22, 2021, 07:26:13 AM »

How about the demo recording of "Midnights Another Day" that first showed up on Brian's website? It just had backing vocals from Brian and Scott on it... Any alleged demo that you can find on the web now is not as it has the bandmates backing vocals...  Now that original demo to I'd like to find.  Cool

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7055 on: October 22, 2021, 09:42:09 AM »

How about the demo recording of "Midnights Another Day" that first showed up on Brian's website? It just had backing vocals from Brian and Scott on it... Any alleged demo that you can find on the web now is not as it has the bandmates backing vocals...  Now that original demo to I'd like to find.  Cool

That demo is still on YouTube if you look for the right one.

Also, it's on Brian's website under the "2000s" section of the Timeline:

https://www.brianwilson.com/2000s

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: October 24, 2021, 09:14:27 PM »

Did other beach boys ever comment on a day in the life of a tree and or jacks vocals on it?
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: December 13, 2021, 10:03:33 AM »

How come the 60s version of "Back Home" is not available anymore on Amazon or Spotify? It's the only song off the Made in California set that I can't play or buy. Any infos on that? I would love to hear this song again.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: December 14, 2021, 07:53:56 PM »

How come the 60s version of "Back Home" is not available anymore on Amazon or Spotify? It's the only song off the Made in California set that I can't play or buy. Any infos on that? I would love to hear this song again.

Interesting - currently, it still works for me on Spotify, but that may be because I “liked” it to my library.
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: February 09, 2022, 10:07:51 AM »

In the latest ESQ, there is mention of an attempted "takeover by bad people" of The Beach Boys in the early 80's. Anybody know anything about that?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7060 on: February 09, 2022, 12:50:21 PM »

In the latest ESQ, there is mention of an attempted "takeover by bad people" of The Beach Boys in the early 80's. Anybody know anything about that?

I think more information/context is needed.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: February 09, 2022, 12:56:24 PM »

When I read that in ESQ I thought Landy

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: February 09, 2022, 12:59:04 PM »

When I read that in ESQ I thought Landy

Exactly what I thought...
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: March 08, 2022, 11:42:20 AM »

Silly question perhaps, but Dennis Wilson isn't listed as having been singing on any of the KTSA tracks, yet I believe his distinctive wail is heard on Santa Ana Winds at 2:37 in the coda as Carl is singing his line (you hear it towards the end). Could it be that some vocals fragments of his remained in the mix from the previous 1978-1979 sessions?
Anyone else hear what I hear there?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 11:43:56 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7064 on: March 14, 2022, 11:46:39 AM »

Silly question perhaps, but Dennis Wilson isn't listed as having been singing on any of the KTSA tracks, yet I believe his distinctive wail is heard on Santa Ana Winds at 2:37 in the coda as Carl is singing his line (you hear it towards the end). Could it be that some vocals fragments of his remained in the mix from the previous 1978-1979 sessions?
Anyone else hear what I hear there?

I think you're hearing Brian, not Dennis. It's clearer on the unreleased earlier version of the song, which uses the same backing vocals and many of the same backing track elements.

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7065 on: March 27, 2022, 05:00:23 PM »

I'm super late to the party on this one I'm sure. Switched to Amazon music a few months back. Just noticed that the Pet Sounds and SMiLE Sessions don't have their full mono mixes (for example, the 1971 Surf's Up replaces the Brian mono mix that was on the original set.)

Anyway to fix this or is this just how it is on the platform?
batdude98
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: April 01, 2022, 10:36:53 AM »

Hey folks, is there anything on the 2 CD version of the SMiLE Sessions that's not on the box, besides having the two-sided "Heroes" single on CD?
batdude98
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: April 01, 2022, 12:57:14 PM »

Hey folks, is there anything on the 2 CD version of the SMiLE Sessions that's not on the box, besides having the two-sided "Heroes" single on CD?

It seems like only "Good Vibrations: Session Highlights" is the only unique track here? Can anyone verify that?
nts and the drum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: April 02, 2022, 05:02:47 AM »

It seems like only "Good Vibrations: Session Highlights" is the only unique track here? Can anyone verify that?

Yeah I think that’s about it. Everything else on the 2CD is the same as the box set.

Now the vinyl exclusive tracks, that’s the unique part. You’re Welcome stereo mix, Vega-Tables stereo mix, Wind Chimes stereo mix, Cabinessence session highlight and stereo backing track, and Surf’s Up session excerpt and stereo mix. Those are the goods. Eventually the Vega-Tables and Wind Chimes stereo mixes were released on MIC.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: April 03, 2022, 07:44:33 PM »

How in the world did the Grammys fail to include Billy Hinsche in their In Memoriam segment?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 07:48:49 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: April 04, 2022, 12:53:31 AM »

The usual time constraints. Graeme Edge of Hall Of Famers ‘The Moody Blues’ was the surprise omission for me. Could have done a lot better this year. I also feel if anyone was due a VIP send off, it was Charlie Watts over Taylor Hawkins, but that’s definitely just my uninformed, biased opinion.

https://loudwire.com/joey-jordison-left-out-2022-grammy-in-memoriam-segment/
nts and the drum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: April 07, 2022, 03:16:42 PM »

One thing I’ve been curious about is if there ever was a song Dennis wrote that he didn’t actually play an instrument on (It’s About Time is the first thing that comes to my mind).
sloopjohnb72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: April 08, 2022, 07:32:57 AM »

One thing I’ve been curious about is if there ever was a song Dennis wrote that he didn’t actually play an instrument on (It’s About Time is the first thing that comes to my mind).
Little Bird and Be Still, for one.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: April 08, 2022, 11:50:36 AM »

Dennis plays harmonium on Little Bird.
sloopjohnb72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: April 08, 2022, 01:03:48 PM »

Dennis plays harmonium on Little Bird.
The harmonium was played by Brian, at first on the basic track, and later, as an overdub.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx