gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
612323 Posts in 24723 Topics by 3514 Members - Latest Member: scott70 July 23, 2017, 07:35:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
doc smiley and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 [260] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 508477 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: June 23, 2017, 02:26:32 PM »

Right, same with SIP's summer awareness theme. (Proposed reissue with Filleplage liner notes) LOL

I don't see the point in punishing Brian's musical output solely because Mike wants to wow the President Elect with how long he can weeze "wheeeeeeen" into a microphone.- rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6476 on: June 23, 2017, 07:06:08 PM »

If "Baby Driver" is a box office hit when released next week, look for "Let's Go Away For Awhile" to make an appearance on the trending lists. Perhaps. When people see the film, depending on how the song is used, they may go searching for it. Look what happened with "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" among the Mad Men fanbase after it appeared there.

Cool how "God Only Knows" has almost taken on another life entirely courtesy of these singing competition shows. I know it was featured on several others in recent years, and it's getting to be quite the showcase for vocalists on these programs, which gets a lot of new people who watch them downloading the song.

"Every single person who criticized Brian for having She & Him, Kacey Musgraves, Sebu and Nate Ruess guesting on his solo album can now officially go heartily f*** themselves." - Wirestone

"I will never change with what I think happened in here and you will never convince me otherwise." - Dr. Beach Boy.
"There was no up front fees, period. swedishfrog  and I paid for the domain name. As of June 19, 2016 at 4:32pm edt, that is all I was charged for." - Dr. Beach Boy
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: June 23, 2017, 08:31:43 PM »

Well, we all know that the only reason "Sunshine Tomorrow" is happening next week is because of "Full House" and MTV airing the "Kokomo" video back in 1988.....  LOL

gee, and I thought there was a director's cut of 'Problem Child' coming to Blu-Ray with deleted scenes...
SCaroline Z
Smiley Smile Associate

My density has popped me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: June 28, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »

At the end of Graduation Day on Beach Boys Concert, who is it that sings "daaaaaaaaaaaayyy" on his own too early? I assume it's Dennis, because it sort of sounds like the voice is un-mic'ed and coming from the back.

Was that premature delivery just his mistake, or did the other guys play a joke on him, holding back on on purpose? It does sound like there's some other goofing around going on during the performance.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:21:53 PM by SCaroline Z » Logged

I once had a dream, so I packed up and split for the city.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Perhaps I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: June 28, 2017, 12:24:42 PM »

At the end of Graduation Day on Beach Boys Concert, who is it that sings "daaaaaaaaaaaayyy" on his own too early? I assume it's Dennis, because it sort of sounds like the voice is un-mic'ed and coming from the back.

Was that premature delivery just his mistake, or did the other guys play a joke on him, holding back on on purpose? It does sound like there's some other goofing around going on during the performance.

Haha, yes, it's Dennis. I should imagine it was merely overenthusiasm on his part.

"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6480 on: June 28, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »

It is, I believe, during a 1989 "Endless Summer" campfire segment after a performance of the song, that Brian reminisces about Dennis doing that note at the end of "Graduation Day."

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SCaroline Z
Smiley Smile Associate

My density has popped me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: June 29, 2017, 06:47:22 AM »

Haha, yes, it's Dennis. I should imagine it was merely overenthusiasm on his part.

It is, I believe, during a 1989 "Endless Summer" campfire segment after a performance of the song, that Brian reminisces about Dennis doing that note at the end of "Graduation Day."

Thanks for confirming that JK and HJ Smiley

I had no idea this Endless Summer TV series existed... Definitely gonna have to look into that! I found an episode guide that looks like this recollection happened on episode 7.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:50:01 AM by SCaroline Z » Logged

I once had a dream, so I packed up and split for the city.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6482 on: June 29, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »

Thanks for confirming that JK and HJ Smiley

I had no idea this Endless Summer TV series existed... Definitely gonna have to look into that! I found an episode guide that looks like this recollection happened on episode 7.

There are some random clips on YouTube. There used to, I think, be a compilation on YouTube of all the BB "Campfire" segments, but it's either gone or I can't find it (or it was never there and I'm nuts). I can't find the "Graduation Day" clip at the moment on YouTube.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: June 29, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »

Having just finally got around to watching the documentary on songwriter Paul Williams, I was curious if he had any notable connection to The Beach Boys back in the day.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6484 on: June 29, 2017, 09:19:31 AM »

I dunno, but I *do* know Paul Williams was in "Battle for the Planet of the Apes":

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: June 29, 2017, 09:36:43 AM »

Haha, he did star in "the phantom of the paradise" with a great BBs parody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8q2ejKAsHg

I don't see the point in punishing Brian's musical output solely because Mike wants to wow the President Elect with how long he can weeze "wheeeeeeen" into a microphone.- rab2591
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: July 04, 2017, 10:26:40 PM »

Is it just me or has Bruce's hair varied in colors for the last ten or so years?

Like at any given moment it could've been brown, red, grey, or even snow white...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Perhaps I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: July 06, 2017, 06:15:35 AM »

Is it just me or has Bruce's hair varied in colors for the last ten or so years?

Like at any given moment it could've been brown, red, grey, or even snow white...

I've noticed that. Not sure about snow white though. Grin

I remember it was ginger at a time when it was rumoured (on this board, of course) that Mike had ginger pubes.

"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: July 22, 2017, 04:14:41 PM »

I've read in some places that there was a promotional video for Good Timin'.  I've searched the internets for this to no avail.  Has anyone ever seen it or know where I can find it?

Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: Today at 04:40:10 AM »

Only one I'm aware of is a performance clip that is partially featured in the endless harmony documentary
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: Today at 03:30:23 PM »

Only one I'm aware of is a performance clip that is partially featured in the endless harmony documentary

There was (on YouTube) a full version of it as part of a whole series of clips which were used to seemingly promote Endless Harmony via purchase at ampop.com

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6491 on: Today at 03:38:02 PM »

I've asked in the Mike and Bruce European Tour topic, but does anyone know when M&B typically add the Christmas set to their shows? I'm thinking about going to see them on December 1st and I'm hoping that they'll at least throw in Little Saint Nick, since it's one of the few songs I haven't seen them do live.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 [260] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx