gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:49:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Aomdiddlywalla, parlay, Gosh Darn Highway (+ 1 Hidden) and 57 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 ... 285 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1399551 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #6450 on: May 27, 2017, 07:41:21 AM »

what brand of hair gel does Mike Love use?

LOL LOL LOL
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:43:06 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: May 27, 2017, 08:34:19 AM »

ahahahahahaha!!!!! funny as hell!!!! ahahaha!!
Sorry Mr. Love!!! but, ahahahaha
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: May 27, 2017, 08:58:01 AM »

Wait until OSD sees that! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: May 28, 2017, 08:10:16 AM »

Funniest post of the year nominee. Now, if we could get a video of him applying it to his dome before he starts slathering on the mineral oil to the rest of his body. ARRGGH.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:12:00 AM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6454 on: May 28, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

I think I threw up in my mouth. I may have pissed a little too, thanks. LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: May 28, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »

I think I threw up in my mouth. I may have pissed a little too, thanks. LOL

Thanks for your comments, folks - I had to laugh several times again, while reading your replies to this, erm... 'phenolic balls item', so to speak.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:24:50 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
hapman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: May 30, 2017, 06:48:09 AM »

Could someone tell me the exact release date of the UK CD issue of American Spring (the one that was released on See For Miles Records as Spring...Plus)? I know the year is 1989, but for the life of me I can't find a release date, the month at least, anywhere on the web. Any help would be apppreciated.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: May 30, 2017, 07:09:04 AM »

Could someone tell me the exact release date of the UK CD issue of American Spring (the one that was released on See For Miles Records as Spring...Plus)? I know the year is 1989, but for the life of me I can't find a release date, the month at least, anywhere on the web. Any help would be apppreciated.

Hi, hapman. Had a good look round and it's as you say: the year is as close as it gets. Hopefully someone here can help...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: June 13, 2017, 05:51:23 PM »

Turns out Robin Pecknold (of Fleet Foxes fame) is a Pet Sounds fan. About 3/4 down the page:
http://pitchfork.com/features/profile/10088-life-and-death-on-manhattan-island-fleet-foxes-robin-pecknold-returns/
He calls up a track from the Pet Sounds Sessions box set—a 50-second outtake from “Don’t Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder),” in which Brian Wilson sings a vocal line, unaccompanied, before an engineer says, “Do it again,” and then brings in the stacked harmonies. Pecknold tells me he still listens to the clip all the time. He calls it thrilling.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: June 19, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »

Every day I do the "Celebrity Cipher" in our local newspaper, to see if I have any functioning brain cells left.
The ciphers use quotes mainly from those in the Entertainment industry. Occasionally politicians, historical figures etc have quotes.

****Edit - Yes, there was an error with the first word. And added a word towards the end. I fixed it. ***

At a certain point in solving today's cipher, I thought, "oh my...".
This is a substitution cipher, where one letter replaces another.  For example,  PX  RPQTDJG   can be deciphered as Al Jardine. (Note: Don't use this code to decipher the quote below. A different substitution cipher is used)

Here's the cipher from this morning.  They gave one clue:  R  equals  Y.
Good luck!

"B'T  YNX   PXOL   JBVUXH   ZM   YNX   SXOIN   SZRJ

OVL   OV   OTSOJJOLZH   ZM   YNBJ   OTOEBVU   TFJBI

YNOY  TZFINXL    O   UXVXHOYBZV. "  -  TBCX   PZDX
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:29:43 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: June 19, 2017, 11:43:43 PM »

This is very cool, but I think it has some mistakes.  The first two words both have Y's that aren't in agreement.  And I think that within the last 5 words of the quote, it is missing a word.  Nonetheless, the quote kind of bums me out.  Sad
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: June 20, 2017, 01:57:43 AM »

I have no idea what any of that means nor how it works,
brian cells must be at an all time low these days...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: June 20, 2017, 02:08:57 AM »

I have no idea what any of that means nor how it works,
brian cells must be at an all time low these days...

It's a quote from Mike Love (TBCX   PZDX). It was obviously BB-related and the one BB name that fits is Mike's, with the same letter (X) at the end of both halves of his name.

So far that gives you (code letter first):

T = M
B = I
C = K
X = E
P = L
Z = O
D = V
R = Y

But don't worry----it's only a game (but a very cool one, as KP says)...

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: June 20, 2017, 02:48:47 AM »

ahhhhhhhhhh! Thanks JK for the explanation.
noooow I understand! carry on guys! play the game  Grin
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: June 20, 2017, 04:38:57 AM »

"B'T  YNX   PXOL   JBVUXH   ZM   YNX   SXOIN   SZRJ

OVL   OV   OTSOJJOLZH   ZM   YNBJ   OTOEBVU   TFJBI

YNOY  TZFINXL    O   UXVXHOYBZV. "  -  TBCX   PZDX

Good call, E. I reckon TZFINXL should be YZFINXL, otherwise it's MOUCHED. OK, so Mike has made up words in the past. LOL

"I'M THE LEAD SINGER OF THE BEACH BOYS

AND AN AMBASSADOR OF THIS AMAZING MUSIC

THAT TOUCHED A GENERATION" - MIKE LOVE

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6465 on: June 20, 2017, 07:12:52 AM »

Good call, E. I reckon TZFINXL should be YZFINXL, otherwise it's MOUCHED. OK, so Mike has made up words in the past. LOL

Oh, I thought the word was mooched LOL
(Just kidding!)

Did the cipher for today. Another BBs one. Can post it but will take my time doing it so there won't be too many boo boos.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:19:45 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: June 20, 2017, 07:19:45 AM »

Oh, I thought the word was mooched LOL

Mikey the Moocher.  Grin

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6467 on: June 20, 2017, 08:14:23 AM »

Reading about solving ciphers is probably more interesting than that tedious "Palindromes" thread that thankfully was moved to the Sandbox. But that's about it. I think I'd rather transcribe and memorize every second of the "Summer in Paradise" session recordings.

If one of these ciphers reveals the premiere date for the "Beach Boys Central" website full of archival recordings, *then* I"ll be interested.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: June 20, 2017, 08:32:52 AM »

Reading about solving ciphers is probably more interesting than that tedious "Palindromes" thread that thankfully was moved to the Sandbox. But that's about it. I think I'd rather transcribe and memorize every second of the "Summer in Paradise" session recordings.

If one of these ciphers reveals the premiere date for the "Beach Boys Central" website full of archival recordings, *then* I"ll be interested.  LOL

I think you'll find this is a one-off, HJ. And any current palindromic efforts on my part take place at an entirely different forum.

But I guess you just don't like word games. Grin
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:55:34 AM by JK » Logged

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: June 20, 2017, 10:27:30 AM »

Yes, HJ this was a one time thing. Thought some people on this forum might be interested that a newspaper puzzle game featured someone in The Beach Boys.
Today there was another one, from Dennis. "Brian was the oldest, I was in the middle and Carl was the baby. I was the troublemaker." But you all knew that info already  Cheesy

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: June 22, 2017, 03:00:30 AM »

Thought some people on this forum might be interested that a newspaper puzzle game featured someone in The Beach Boys.

Definitely! It shows that the Boys are still firmly in the spotlight. If there's a third one, please post it here but do go easy on the boo boos.Grin 

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: June 23, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »

I was just perusing through Apple Music and saw that 'God Only Knows' is trending #1. Does anyone know if this song was featured in a recent movie or singing show (which would possibly explain why it's trending now)?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6472 on: June 23, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »

I was just perusing through Apple Music and saw that 'God Only Knows' is trending #1. Does anyone know if this song was featured in a recent movie or singing show (which would possibly explain why it's trending now)?

My best guess would be this:

http://www.business2community.com/entertainment/darcy-callus-dedicates-beach-boys-performance-americas-got-talent-father-01866253#5gfto7Sjjzm57ADb.97

Which is certainly far, far better a reason than one of the main alternative reasons for the song trending, which would be one of the writers or band members dying or something.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:19:26 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: June 23, 2017, 02:21:51 PM »

Filleplage wishes stamos had that impact! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6474 on: June 23, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »

Well, we all know that the only reason "Sunshine Tomorrow" is happening next week is because of "Full House" and MTV airing the "Kokomo" video back in 1988.....  LOL

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 ... 285 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx