gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:01:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 ... 285 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1399830 times)
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: October 06, 2013, 11:50:16 PM »

What happened to Mike Eder?

Very strange. Now I can't decide if his posts were always like that. I guess I wasn't paying attention. I somehow don't think I'll be buying his book if it's ever published. His grammar and syntax in recent posts stinks, for one thing. It's like reading someone who writes English as a second or third language. I'm not trying to be mean, but I think if you want to sell a project on a message board, you should probably put your best foot forward and not use weird sentence structures. Among other things.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: October 06, 2013, 11:54:41 PM »

His grammar and syntax in recent posts stinks, for one thing.

Well, that's sort of what editors are for.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: October 06, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »

What happened to Mike Eder?

What happened to Miss Amanda Jones?

I felt like changing my name and avatar to another character I like: Gabo from Dragon Warrior VII, an old PS1 game. I can take any guise I want on the webz.

3D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:57:07 PM by Gabo » Logged
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: October 06, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »

The writing of the initial post in the I Can Hear Music thread is good. Do you think his editors helped him write it?...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:58:38 PM by Gabo » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: October 07, 2013, 12:00:57 AM »

The writing of the first post in the I Can Hear Music Thread was generally well written. Do you think his editors helped him write it?

Um, no?
I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

Yes, his posting has definitely become more erratic.

What I'm saying is that his grammar won't necessarily matter in the final product because an editor will be there to clean it up for him. So, I don't find that a sound reason not to buy the book.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: October 07, 2013, 12:05:18 AM »

I thought you were defending the grammar of his recently insane posts, sorry.

It almost seems as if a "switch" somewhere was pushed and a new Mike Eder is on board. Very very strange.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:07:25 AM by Gabo » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: October 07, 2013, 12:12:09 AM »

It's not in the movie though, only on the soundtrack album.

He lip-synched on the soundtrack album? That's some feat! :D

“We live in divisive times.”
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: October 07, 2013, 12:17:13 AM »

Editors aren't there to improve the writing of people who can't write. The posts in question don't make any sense. I'm not even sure how you would edit them to make sense. They also express some ideas that are not entirely compatible with sobriety and/or sanity.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: October 07, 2013, 12:18:32 AM »

Editors aren't there to improve the writing of people who can't write. The posts in question don't make any sense. I'm not even sure how you would edit them to make sense.

"BIG POINT

I did this because it is the right thing to do as a human being. My judgment, nobody told me to do this.

MY BOOK IS NOT LIKE THIS AND MAYBE SIDES ARE EXPECTED IN THERE

"IF" IT COMES OUT NO SIDES ARE TAKEN NO POLITICS AT ALL!

"I Can Hear Music" and so can you, that is the book. More but music is 90 percent but a full bio!

No TABLOID"

This can perhaps be salvaged with a good translating job.

Also:

"EGO IS GONE FOR ME BECAUSE I DON"T NEED IT ANYMORE I SOLD ENOUGH BOOKS TO MAKE ANYONE HAPPY. No brag just applies to me actually."

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:19:47 AM by Gabo » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4309 on: October 07, 2013, 12:20:57 AM »

Well, wasn't it Maya Angelou who once said, "EGO IS GONE FOR ME BECAUSE I DON"T NEED IT ANYMORE I SOLD ENOUGH BOOKS TO MAKE ANYONE HAPPY."

Might have been Dean Koontz.

Actually, now I'm much more interested in seeing the manuscript. Maybe it's a phildickian Exegesis!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:22:34 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: October 07, 2013, 12:22:34 AM »

Well, wasn't it Maya Angelou who once said, "EGO IS GONE FOR ME BECAUSE I DON"T NEED IT ANYMORE I SOLD ENOUGH BOOKS TO MAKE ANYONE HAPPY."

Might have been Dean Koontz.

I think the experimental prose recalls the work of Joyce in Finnegans Wake, more than anything. I'll pull out the dusty tome and find the exact passage for ya'll.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4311 on: October 07, 2013, 12:28:01 AM »

Riverside, past Sunset and Tressels, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Hawthorne, CA and Environs.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:44 AM »

That probably doesn't even rival the literary treasures to be found in I Can Hear Music
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: October 07, 2013, 01:02:28 AM »

I noticed that on the Friends two-fer, during "Transcendental Meditation," there's a huge tempo shift at about 0:40.

On the MiC, version, the tempo shift isn't there.

So, my question is.. Is that "jump" supposed to be there? Or was including the instrumental version supposed to be some sort of 'fix?'
It's a really funky edit. OOPS the song and you can hear it even more so.

A discipline daddy.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #4314 on: October 07, 2013, 01:15:45 AM »

Has Mike Eder been drinking? Because I used to really enjoy his posts, but he's just been going downhill recently.
Like a mental patient!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:18:34 AM by bluesno1fann » Logged
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:08 AM »

I thought you were defending the grammar of his recently insane posts, sorry.

It almost seems as if a "switch" somewhere was pushed and a new Mike Eder is on board. Very very strange.
Maybe he was "Nobody" and "Ghost" all along.

A discipline daddy.
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: October 07, 2013, 01:21:25 AM »

Has Mike Eder been drinking? Because I used to really enjoy his posts, but he's just been going downhill recently.
Like a mental patient!
Manic episode, maybe? I know I stop making sense when I have them.

A discipline daddy.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: October 07, 2013, 01:24:03 AM »

I suspect - if the posts are genuinely from him - that Mike's in a bad place right now and taking the piss won't help.

The recent posts don't reflect his usual style of writing, at all.

If anyone's able to reach out to him, it would probably be a good thing.

UPDATE: from FB – seems Mike's gone, which is a shame.

"LEFT SMILEYSMILE.NET for good but still go there. It is a good site, purely a moral decision. I left because I forgave and got hate NO BOOK IS WORTH IT TRUST ME."

also:

"Hard decision I made but do read my last posts of the board. I did have fun the last week until today. I just was honest SMILEYSMILE IS STILL A COOL SITE BUT NO LONGER FOR ME… " (there was more…)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:37:56 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: October 07, 2013, 07:22:47 AM »

Eventually they all come back. Smiley

Just hope he's okay and the book's getting published at some point.
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: October 07, 2013, 07:26:00 AM »

Hoping someone can help me out - I recently lost my black BB 50 hat that I purchased at the concert I went to in May 2012. It pains me to think of what happened to it, and surely I don't deserve to have it replaced. But if you can find it in your heart to have mercy on me, can anyone tell me where to a BB hat -- ANY BB hat? (other than yellow hat with red, or black with pink lettering....)

Thanks ya'll!!!!!!!!!!

Howzabout this:  http://www.merchdirect.com/TheBeachBoys/Hats/BeachBoys50thYellowPrintHatonNavy/?productid=15685 

outta stock... but thanks man Smiley
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #4320 on: October 07, 2013, 07:26:54 AM »

Hoping someone can help me out - I recently lost my black BB 50 hat that I purchased at the concert I went to in May 2012. It pains me to think of what happened to it, and surely I don't deserve to have it replaced. But if you can find it in your heart to have mercy on me, can anyone tell me where to a BB hat -- ANY BB hat? (other than yellow hat with red, or black with pink lettering....)

Thanks ya'll!!!!!!!!!!

Howzabout this:  http://www.merchdirect.com/TheBeachBoys/Hats/BeachBoys50thYellowPrintHatonNavy/?productid=15685 

The pink one isn't Wink

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: October 07, 2013, 07:41:56 AM »

I don't know why people question Mr. Eder's identity, because, if recall his last posts in other topics, the writing style/use of vocabulary is the same. Clean off all the variety of errors from the current "weird" posts & you'll get the real Mike Eder. No way his account was hacked or someone simply used his computer. On the other hand, I can't imagine any writer to deliberately prevent their book to sell well & do the opposite by switching off potential buyers at the very last moment, till which everything was going on alright. At the end of the day, I really hope whatever happened to him is a temporary thing & soon, after re-reading his latest posts, Mike would immediately fix them & maybe explain to us what's the deal. He's one of the best posters on this board - informative, intelligent, polite & just a very nice talker.

2KittyKat: you are wrong if you think Mr. Eder always wrote like that, bad grammatics & all. No, it's the 1st time you observed it. So quit agitating others to not buy his BBs book. I'm sure, it will be an excellent read! Eder knows his stuff, Mr. Doe can confirm that.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: October 07, 2013, 07:48:56 AM »

Thanks ya'll!!!!!!!!!!

The pink one isn't Wink

I said no pink man!!! haha

In all seriousness, aren't the BB's missing an obvious and easy opportunity here? I would think they would have official merchandise available for on-line purchase on a regular basis.... Oh well....
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: October 07, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »

Thanks ya'll!!!!!!!!!!

The pink one isn't Wink

I said no pink man!!! haha

In all seriousness, aren't the BB's missing an obvious and easy opportunity here? I would think they would have official merchandise available for on-line purchase on a regular basis.... Oh well....

Its not pink... more of a fuschia and it's $6 less!! 

But in MORE all seriousness, what part of Beach Boys and missed opportunities have you found NOT to be lacking in their career?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: October 07, 2013, 10:30:40 AM »

I don't know why people question Mr. Eder's identity, because, if recall his last posts in other topics, the writing style/use of vocabulary is the same. Clean off all the variety of errors from the current "weird" posts & you'll get the real Mike Eder. No way his account was hacked or someone simply used his computer. On the other hand, I can't imagine any writer to deliberately prevent their book to sell well & do the opposite by switching off potential buyers at the very last moment, till which everything was going on alright. At the end of the day, I really hope whatever happened to him is a temporary thing & soon, after re-reading his latest posts, Mike would immediately fix them & maybe explain to us what's the deal. He's one of the best posters on this board - informative, intelligent, polite & just a very nice talker.

2KittyKat: you are wrong if you think Mr. Eder always wrote like that, bad grammatics & all. No, it's the 1st time you observed it. So quit agitating others to not buy his BBs book. I'm sure, it will be an excellent read! Eder knows his stuff, Mr. Doe can confirm that.

I'm not "agitating others not to buy his book." His recent posts were weird and I'm not the only one who noticed it. This guy may require medical help. I wish him luck with the book, if he can get his life and health together. It sounds like he did some research that's unique and I'm sure fans would enjoy reading it, if it's written better than his posts on this board in the past week or so.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 ... 285 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx