gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 11:48:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Bill M and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1405139 times)
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: December 02, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »

Has anyone done a solid mix of the Wonderful lead vocal with the April track/bg vocals?

EDIT: While I'm at it, anyone know a good mix of Fire with the Fall Breaks vocals AND the Fire Crackling SFX?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:02:39 AM by doinnothin » Logged

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Rocket
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: December 05, 2014, 05:44:07 AM »

Were Brian's glasses non-prescription?  Grin

I ask because the only pictures I've seen of him wearing them were around the Pet Sounds/Smile period, and that was his (sorta) hipster phase.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: December 05, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »

I ask because the only pictures I've seen of him wearing them were around the Pet Sounds/Smile period, and that was his (sorta) hipster phase.

Here's Brian's take on wearing glasses:

http://youtu.be/NcPjQVDwZPY?t=2m20s

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Rocket
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: December 05, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »

Haha I figured! Thanks for the find by the way!

Brian seems so kind in that video, what a sweet man.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: December 08, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »

I remember reading in a book or interview with Marilyn about how he would sit her down and have little things to teach her and he'd put his glasses on. I'm not sure that's totally accurate, but that's what I remember.
Also, one of the many ads in the Look Listen Vibrate Smile book had this questionnaire filled in by Brian about such topics: astrology, music, food, and other random things. One of the things they asked about were glasses...I don't remember his reply, I'm not by my book at the moment...will find it later.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5305 on: December 08, 2014, 10:44:53 PM »

I think Brian was guilty of a double put-on here, as there are interviews down the years where he's reported as putting on his glasses to read the lyrics while playing a new song for the interviewer. He may not have needed them in the 60s, but in later years (80s), he likely did for reading.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: December 10, 2014, 01:48:43 PM »

Do you think an angel loses its wings every time Brian has to pronounce the "s" at the end of the word during a vocal take? Do you think Satan gets another underling whenever there's a cymbal crash on a Brian song?
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5307 on: December 10, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »

Do you think an angel loses its wings every time Brian has to pronounce the "s" at the end of the word during a vocal take?

14 years ago I recorded a song with a friend, and in two lines of sung lyrics that ended with "s"es, the "s"es were audible if listened to the vocal take only, but in the mix with the instrumental track, they weren't. So I ended up overdubbing the "s"es seperately so I could mix them up as loud as needed!

For those who understand German, the two lines (combining images of summer in the most nonsensical way) were:

"Und mir rinnt der Schweiss
auf mein Vanilleeis".

They came out as:

"Und mir rinnt der Schwei
auf mein Vanilleei". Cheesy

The whole song with the overdubbed "s"es here.

Now back to the Beach Boys.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #5308 on: December 15, 2014, 06:20:40 AM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:00:08 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5309 on: December 15, 2014, 10:52:25 PM »

Why do you think Brian was so much taller than Dennis and Carl? Shouldn't they have all been of a more similar height?

And why haven't all of them been born the same day?

Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5310 on: December 23, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »

Where can I find this mix of Wouldn't It Be Nice? Brian's vocals sound different (and I'm positive it's not the Still Cruisin' version). This was taken from a VH1 special called VH1's 100 Greatest Artists. Skip to 15 to hear WIBN. If someone could tell me, I'd very much appreciate it!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnqNX_4dD6I
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: December 23, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »

Sure. But we don't know who you are. Please introduce yourself first.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: December 23, 2014, 02:10:09 PM »

Although tempted to start a new thread (like the Tex Robocop), maybe this is insignificant stuff. I was reading reviews on IMDB of a 70s B-horror movie called 'Phase IV' - I love crap like this - when I ran into the following:

This comes from a user called cabrelli9 and he posted this on August 5, 2014.

So my insignificant questions are the following:
  • What is a Beach Boys nightmare?
  • Why would anyone compare intelligent ants plotting on taking over the world with the BBs?
  • Who's this cabrelli guy?
  • Why do I care about this?

"Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray...it might come true
Baby then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do..."
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: December 23, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »

My apologies. I just posted in the Welcome to the Smiley Smile Message Board, if that helps.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: December 23, 2014, 04:16:23 PM »

My apologies. I just posted in the Welcome to the Smiley Smile Message Board, if that helps.

NEVER apologize to Mikie; he takes it to mean you're a pushover, and he'll haunt you with it forever( tho he'll think he's being subtle)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: December 23, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »

Hey, Bgas, did you ever find someone in the UK willing to meet up with you?   Cheesy

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: December 23, 2014, 07:43:16 PM »

Hey, Bgas, did you ever find someone in the UK willing to meet up with you?   Cheesy

hundreds

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: December 23, 2014, 09:00:28 PM »

Welcome Coda - Mikie was just buying time so he could go over to Hoffman board to find an answer to your question.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
halblaineisgood
« Reply #5318 on: December 23, 2014, 09:05:04 PM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:56:43 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: December 23, 2014, 09:44:31 PM »

hundreds
meet up...for what??

Circle jerk.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: December 23, 2014, 09:49:34 PM »

Welcome Coda - Mikie was just buying time so he could go over to Hoffman board to find an answer to your question.

Alan, if we don't have the answer from somebody on this board, we're in trouble!

What was the question again?  Tongue

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5321 on: December 23, 2014, 10:44:42 PM »

Where can I find this mix of Wouldn't It Be Nice? Brian's vocals sound different (and I'm positive it's not the Still Cruisin' version). This was taken from a VH1 special called VH1's 100 Greatest Artists. Skip to 15 to hear WIBN. If someone could tell me, I'd very much appreciate it!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnqNX_4dD6I

Sounds like a single tracked lead.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: December 24, 2014, 12:26:28 PM »

So, what's the board's stance on sharing material that's in the public domain now? Like this "We'll Run Away" rehearsal:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/y382kx
halblaineisgood
« Reply #5323 on: December 24, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:23:15 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: December 24, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »

So, what's the board's stance on sharing material that's in the public domain now? Like this "We'll Run Away" rehearsal:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/y382kx
I'm perfectly fine w/ it. D/l'ed, thanks!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx