gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680839 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 08:07:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1409873 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: August 13, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »

And…

Al's Raspberries Strawberries
Seasons in the Sun (Carl sings lead)
Carnival/Over the Waves (group vocals)
Walkin' (Brian and/or Al)
I'm Going Your Way (Dennis)
You Never Give Me Your Money (no clue)

just steppin in here to help...

chorus of "In My Window" is based on the chorus of "Raspberries Strawberries"
"Seasons in the Sun"  is often booted
Carnival/Over the Waves (group vocals) is also commonly booted, makes me wonder if "What Can The Matter Be?" isn't part of that ... music to play at a Fair suite??
"Walkin' " and "I'm Going Your Way" are on the Get The Boot set....

that just leaves "You Never Give Me Your Money"  Beatle cover??

Good they never released 'You Never Give Me Your Money'. Typical harmless Macca ditty.

yeah man its like i dont give a sh*t if it's any good or well written man its just gotta RAWK maN

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: August 14, 2013, 09:14:33 AM »

If I were to originally want to name my album "sh*t Down Volume 2", I might want to change my mind and make it self-titled, too. Wink

Haha, my bad

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: August 14, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »

I was just listening to Hawthorne CA, the first track with Mike introducing Surfin', there's a bit of Good Vibrations that plays, what is this from? From the original Radio Luxembourg Show or another show or session? I don't recognize it.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: August 14, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »

Was watching Full House with "Dr Love" and Bruce guest starring; I was wondering who gave Mike the Dr Love nickname? I feel like that's something he brought to the set and told John Stamos to call him. I LOVE it when people give themselves nicknames.

I don't recall anyone calling him this until Full House.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4079 on: August 14, 2013, 05:42:46 PM »

He makes sure to call himself Doctor Love complete with a little rhyme of some kind on his Howard Stern appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOpwvh4P-Y

I'm not sure where. I can't... I just can't.

Calling all girls!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:45:43 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: August 16, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »

From one of the recent posts about BW using melodies/songs for newer songs...I was surprised when reading that Thank Him was used for It's Just a Matter of Time...I thought about it, replayed both songs in my head....and YEAH! It does make sense! I got to thinking later, Thank Him was a Bob Norberg song, right? Or was it Gary Usher? Anyways, we all know Landy got Usher and Brian back to together in the mid 80s...However, am I mistaken that Brian and Bob Norberg got together in the 80s at some point? I feel like I read that somewhere, and I feel like it would have been before 86 or so, before the Usher sessions. Anyone know anything about this? If it's true, perhaps Bob tried bringing up Thank Him again to Brian and Brian, in turn, reused it for the infamous 1985 BB album.

I remember someone else here saying IJAMOT was like This Boy, I like that as well, sounds pretty close to me.

What's everyone's opinion on Thank Him and It's Just a Matter of Time sounding alike?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: August 16, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »

They both have that standard doo-wop progression/sound. There's a thousand ballads that sound like those. It's a nice sound, one that is ultimately very dated, but warm and nostalgic, and just simple enough to always work.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
jvcthome
Smiley Smile Associate

fear and loathing in the woodstock nation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4082 on: August 17, 2013, 04:20:56 AM »

Does any recording of "Burlesque" still exists?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: August 17, 2013, 04:33:44 AM »

He makes sure to call himself Doctor Love complete with a little rhyme of some kind on his Howard Stern appearance.

Calling all girls!
The secret of Mike being still on stage when all of us are long dead and buried is right there at the 2 minute mark. Grin

"You should live to be 190."
"I intent to."
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: August 19, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »

Great photo collection of Dennis. Some I had never seen before. Apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.last.fm/music/Dennis+Wilson/+images/13602175

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: August 19, 2013, 07:18:30 PM »

I came across a live recording dated August 15, 1965 in Santa Monica. I checked out AGD's site to see some more info on the concert, but I couldn't find any record of the show. Does anybody know about this concert or is it mis-dated?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: August 19, 2013, 07:25:25 PM »

I came across a live recording dated August 15, 1965 in Santa Monica. I checked out AGD's site to see some more info on the concert, but I couldn't find any record of the show. Does anybody know about this concert or is it mis-dated?

You just can't trust the dating of shows by all the bootleggers...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: August 19, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »

You just can't trust the dating of shows by all the bootleggers...

I couldn't find any Santa Monica shows from 1965. I think it's actually a show from October 29th, 1964.
The Beach Boys in Concert book would come in handy right about now...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:33:46 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: August 19, 2013, 09:07:40 PM »

When were "Graduation Day" and "The Things We Did Last Summer" recorded? Can't find them on the Bellagio page.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
oldsurferdude
« Reply #4089 on: August 19, 2013, 09:13:11 PM »

Calling all girls!
A face that only the drug companies that sell  Botox could love and adore. That crap he injects into his face makes his eyes even more beady and insidious-he can barely open them. He wears his ego proudly on his bloated face. angel
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4090 on: August 19, 2013, 10:37:20 PM »

A face that only the drug companies that sell  Botox could love and adore. That crap he injects into his face makes his eyes even more beady and insidious-he can barely open them. He wears his ego proudly on his bloated face. angel

Your brain is obviously somehow capable of producing botox itself, as the functioning of your brain nerve fibers indicate.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: August 20, 2013, 07:00:41 AM »

When were "Graduation Day" and "The Things We Did Last Summer" recorded? Can't find them on the Bellagio page.
Things... was from early 1963 and Graduation Day was from around the Summer Days... period in 1965.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Youre Under Arrest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: August 22, 2013, 06:06:53 AM »

Who played what on Big Sur?

"My name is Brian and I'm the man, I write hit songs with the wave of my hand" - Brian Wilson

Not only was Brian a musical genius, but he was a real cool head, making real good bread.
jvcthome
Smiley Smile Associate

fear and loathing in the woodstock nation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4093 on: August 22, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »

What was the first Beach Boys bootleg with unreleased studio recordings? Was it the Priess Tape?
zachrwolfe
« Reply #4094 on: August 22, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:48:32 PM by zatch » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4095 on: August 23, 2013, 12:20:37 AM »

Look harder !  Grin

"Things" was 9/63, "GD" was 5/5/65

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: August 23, 2013, 12:41:28 AM »

What did Carl think of Melinda?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: August 23, 2013, 01:26:47 AM »

what should he think of her  Huh

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: August 23, 2013, 01:43:37 AM »

We know Mike isn't very fond of her, and I assume the others too. But I don't think it's ever been said what Carl's "relationship" was with her. I'm just wondering if they got along, or if Carl ever had any kind of reservation's about whether or not she was right for Brian, especially considering how she was the new "influence" in Brian's life in the wake of all the Landy drama.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: August 23, 2013, 01:59:34 AM »

carl served as the best man at brian and melinda's wedding. sooo......

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx