gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681510 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 02:21:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In My Childhood lyrics?  (Read 2890 times)
Jarethon
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:55:41 PM »

Hello all.

I was wondering if lyrics have ever been seen for In My Childhood. From what I read in Peter Carlin's (awesome) book, Brian had the song pretty much done, and even sent Tony Asher a demo of the song. I am only assuming it had lyrics with it.

Based on the sessions I have heard (the official release and the incredible Sea of Tunes) the song was still In My Childhood when the tracking sessions began. Although, now that I think of it, the vocal sessions have the new lyrics...

Has anyone seen the lyrics anywhere?

Thanks!!!!

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:56:50 PM »

I think it's on that one album called Remember the Zoo.     Grin

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:48:06 PM »

Hello all.

I was wondering if lyrics have ever been seen for In My Childhood. From what I read in Peter Carlin's (awesome) book, Brian had the song pretty much done, and even sent Tony Asher a demo of the song. I am only assuming it had lyrics with it.

Based on the sessions I have heard (the official release and the incredible Sea of Tunes) the song was still In My Childhood when the tracking sessions began. Although, now that I think of it, the vocal sessions have the new lyrics...

Has anyone seen the lyrics anywhere?

Thanks!!!!

One of the very first questions I asked Tony - nope, no lyrics that he knew about.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 11:00:21 PM »

I think it's on that one album called Remember the Zoo.     Grin

Andrew, can you confirm this?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 04:09:03 AM »

I can confirm it's not a real album.   Cool

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 08:13:01 AM »

Hmmm... what a disillusion. See: I happen to have an album by the Beach Boys bearing just that title. Sort of a test copy. It is quite good, I must say. On a par with SMiLE, but certainly better that the awful Pet Sounds drama.

So it does not exist? OK, I will get a lighter then and turn it into a nice ashtray.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 04:30:19 PM »

Hmmm... what a disillusion. See: I happen to have an album by the Beach Boys bearing just that title. Sort of a test copy. It is quite good, I must say. On a par with SMiLE, but certainly better that the awful Pet Sounds drama.

So it does not exist? OK, I will get a lighter then and turn it into a nice ashtray.

Is it just the acetate, or do you have a sleeve, too?
I have one with a sleeve. It's pretty cool- it's got a group photo on the back (featuring Brian, but oddly not Mike Love), and says 'produced by Mike Love' on it.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »

i just thought it was a boot or fan mix

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 02:12:35 PM »

my source was AGD:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bellagio/unreleased.html.

Grin

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »

I think they're just joking.

Or crazy.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 10:50:34 AM »

I loooove Remember the Zoo!!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »

Remember the Zoo is a great concept for us BW fanatics...it's the pre-show of Pet Sounds, which we all pretty much believe to be Today!/Summer Days...but this is even closer. Some compare the 'Little Girl I Once Knew' single to the Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane single because it's a precursor of what's to come for the next album. Remember the Zoo (wonder who came up with that) seems even more quirkier than any of Brian's ideas pre- GV...I believe it would still be rock-symphonic related.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 06:45:05 PM »

I've got an acetate of the Bruce Johnston 1976 disco remix of Remember the Zoo.

Sadly .......  Embarrassed ....... it's horrible .......  Afro
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »

It was always my impression that the name "In My Childhood" was just a working title Brian gave it because that was feeling it gave him.. not because it went with a coherent set of lyrics.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx