gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:48:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian and Melinda adopt another son  (Read 29609 times)
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »

He doesn't look bad, that's true.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 11:43:48 AM »

wow, did not see that coming. I don't think it's really needed, they got three young kids as it is.

But I wish them all the best, and he is beautiful.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 12:25:27 PM »

I only wish them the best, truly, but all the money and nannies in the world does not bring normalcy.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 01:07:26 PM »

I'm thinking of Harpo Marx, who adopted four children rather late in life. I think he was in his 50s when he adopted the last one, and he lived into his 70s. (His wife may have been 10 years younger.) Maybe when you think of extensions of life expectancy, it's somewhat comparable, and apparently they were quite a happy family.
SBGIRL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »

Bravo to Brian and Melinda for adopting this little boy
who may not have had the privilege of having a loving family
and a decent education.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 01:19:32 PM »

I'm thinking of Harpo Marx, who adopted four children rather late in life. I think he was in his 50s when he adopted the last one, and he lived into his 70s. (His wife may have been 10 years younger.) Maybe when you think of extensions of life expectancy, it's somewhat comparable, and apparently they were quite a happy family.

Point of order: Harpo Marx is not Brian Wilson.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 01:20:33 PM »

and a decent education.

... and who stands a very good chance of being 'orphaned' in his late teens.

SBGIRL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »

and a decent education.

No one is guaranteed they will have one or both their parents past tomorrow..
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 01:34:25 PM »

and a decent education.

When this boy is 15, Brian will be 81 (if he's till with us), Melinda 77. I'd say that puts the odds somewhat higher than normal.

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »

Point of order: Harpo Marx is not Brian Wilson.

True. Well, I'm just as judgmental as anyone else. I'm even a little annoyed when I hear about people who have kids for the first time when they're in their early 50s. And Brian and Melinda are a lot older, and Brian has a lot of issues. But I just keep telling myself that I know nothing about other people and other families. Sounds like there are good and not-so-good things about this situation. One good thing is that these kids might grow up to be more empathetic than a lot of others, having a dad who has struggled so much.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 01:44:38 PM »

Honestly, I find discussing Brian's family life to be a little creepy.  I'm surprised they would publicly announce such a thing.  The guy's private life should remain private IMO, at least when children are involved.

Now to completely contradict myself, I enjoyed seeing that picture.  It's always nice to see Brian looking that happy.
SBGIRL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 01:51:24 PM »

and a decent education.

When this boy is 15, Brian will be 81 (if he's till with us), Melinda 77. I'd say that puts the odds somewhat higher than normal.

Yes it does .. but do you know the backstory of this child ?
I think whatever time he has his new parents will be beneficial to him..It's obvious you have a problem with Brian and Melinda..
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 02:16:40 PM »

and a decent education.

Yes it does .. but do you know the backstory of this child ?
I think whatever time he has his new parents will be beneficial to him..It's obvious you have a problem with Brian and Melinda..

Pray, tell me what it might be.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 02:28:53 PM »

I say good for them!

If these kids can find 20 years, 20 months or 20 days even of happiness after probably some crappy beginnings then they are lucky.

Take the time to look at some of the agencies associated with adoption in California.

Kids are not farmed out then dumped without ongoing checks. The judges 'see you next year' quote tells me this latest adoption will be reviewed then.

The Wilsons have the money and ability to provide an alternative if and should the need arise. The judge would have required it.

If these kids have come from a environment where they were not wanted and are now in a 2 parent family who do, whats the problem?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:31:10 PM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 02:30:38 PM »

"Point of order: Harpo Marx is not Brian Wilson."

Why does that strike me as an extremely silly statement?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »

Reading this I wonder whether some of us are getting a touch of the Bloo, as it's quite clear that a few of us actually know what's best for Brian -  far better than he does -  and really he ought to be consulting us before doing anything as irresponsible as adopting another child, which might make him happy.

We all know he'd be much better off recording what we tell he ought to be recording.

Get back to work Wilson, and stop being a happy family man.

Oh, and stop issuing photographs of your happy family in an attempt to spread some happiness among your fans.

We're all too busy being anal about the percussion on Surf's Up -  was it egg shells or dried angels' testicles? - or how Tommy Tredesco would pick his nose in time to Carol Kaye's bass line on Cabinesence, to latch on to any happiness you might assume to have without our permission.

Few feck's sake, wish the guy, and allow the guy, a little happiness.

Well said TheOtherAnonymous, by the way -  you posted as I was ranting.

“We live in divisive times.”
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

No problem.

Great photo BTW. I had no idea they had adopted Macaulay Culkin till now.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »

Few feck's sake, wish the guy, and allow the guy, a little happiness.

The whole thread should be removed and this message should be left, sums it up.

Quote from: TheOther Anonymous

[quote author=TheOther Anonymous link=topic=7987.msg131031#msg131031 date=1255383660
No problem.

Great photo BTW. I had no idea they had adopted Macaulay Culkin till now.

HAHA . He's a good lookin kid right, touch of Denny in him, even though I know that's not possible  Grin
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:44:18 PM by Wild_Honey-In_Stereo » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »

I can see both sides of the argument, but with this kind of news, which is meant to be uplifting and happy, I think it's best to look at all the positives that come from it, and not the negatives. We've been saying that we want Brian to do what makes him happy, and I bet he's feeling overjoyed at the arrival of a new family member now. Family is everything; the more, the merrier.

I love that new picture! Lovely little family  Cheesy
Nicko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 02:59:53 PM »

Put simply, I think that adopting a baby at that age is wrong and pretty selfish. I`m not having a go at Brian here because I think we all know that this wouldn`t have been his idea but that child has some tough times ahead. Obviously I hope that Brian (and Melinda for that matter) will be healthy for a long time to come but the truth is that even if he lives until that baby becomes an adult, the chances are that he will gradually slow down. I know from personal experience how tough it can be to, as a child, watch one of your parents get sicker and sicker and more and more tired.

The natural order of things is that a child`s parents should die when that child has achieved independence and while due to accidents and illnesses that can`t always be the case, there should be a decent chance of it coming to pass. The odds are clearly stacked against it here and that is a terrible way for this child`s life to begin. Contingency measures may have been put in place but no matter what they are, they will be no replacement for the kids` new parents.
Nicko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »

I can see both sides of the argument, but with this kind of news, which is meant to be uplifting and happy, I think it's best to look at all the positives that come from it, and not the negatives. We've been saying that we want Brian to do what makes him happy, and I bet he's feeling overjoyed at the arrival of a new family member now. Family is everything; the more, the merrier.

The child`s wellbeing is a hell of a lot more important that Brian`s (or Melinda`s) happiness.
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »

I'm not really one to judge older people for adopting children and giving them a happy and nurturing home.  A lot of kids are raised by their grandparents.  However, I have to say that there are aspects of Melinda's personality (The collecting of dogs and children and other things) that are a bit unsettling.
Wilsonista
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2009, 04:15:43 PM »

I think it's a sign of her insecurity.

Anytime I think of Melinda, I am reminded of the newsreel footage of John and Yoko being arreigned for their pot bust. The reporter is describing the scene and all of a sudden you hear this shrill fan girl screaming "CYNTHIA'S BETTER THAN HER!!!!"
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 06:11:45 PM »

I don't think there would be a parent on this board that couldn't be criticized for some reason or another. Perhaps not 17 dogs but 17 versions of 'Pet Sounds' anyone? Attending countless BW/ BB concerts during the same tour seem normal? Take a look at how long your total time logged on this site is (top left of screen). Tell me some would not think that's a bit strange. Insecure even?

Of course we have all got good reasons for our 'different behaviour' unlike others and their interests which of course are just bizarre aren't they?

Who's idea was it to adopt another child? Give me one reason from that bloo story to say it wasn't Brian. Total conjecture to say it was Melinda. Try this! The other 3 look old enough to say to the Wilson's 'we like it here'. They may have suggested adopting another. Do you think they don't know they are adopted looking at each other?

Wasn't the first adopted about 10 years ago? If any have been dangled over a hotel balcony, offered drugs, beaten, kept from school, starved or worse, I have yet to read it. 

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »

I think Brian really likes little kids. Really, really likes them. He's talked about it, and it's pretty clear that he loves the innocent little ones. Nothing creepy about it at all, that's just the way he is. And I'm sure he's thrilled to have another baby in the house.

But everything else -- as I've said: Hm.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx