gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:02:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Relationships and Law and the Press  (Read 22050 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »

I work on the principle that everything I post here gets back to the 'interested parties'.

And it does.  Grin
It's a wonder Melinda will still speak to you Grin

She doesn't.
Sorry, I thought you two were OK. Is this recent, if you don't mind me asking?

Well... I'm assuming that since she requested (via the Bloo admin) that I don't post on Brian's board any more, I'm off the Christmas card list. Seems to have a problem with historical facts.

She kicked you from the blueboard, what a joke.

Yoko indeed  Shocked

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2009, 11:18:20 AM »

Welcome to the board, Ms./Mrs. Keil (or can I just call you Debbie?)!! Nice to have yet another BB insider around these parts...gotta love the internet!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2009, 11:21:57 AM »

Welcome to the board, Ms./Mrs. Keil (or can I just call you Debbie?)!! Nice to have yet another BB insider around these parts...gotta love the internet!

OT, but I love your subscript: I like Winds Of Change too! It has been slagged off so many times, yet I think the melody is great, with large intervals between the notes. Had it been produced, arranged and sung in 1971 for Surf's Up, many folks would have an entirely different perspective on that song.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2009, 11:53:57 AM »

Thanks.  I'm not really an insider...more of an historian, I think...not a revisionist, though - just like to focus on what counts. 

Now I'm off to work on my book and lectures - astrology, not BBs - sorry...Just too many additions to our solar system to ignore!

Debbie
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2009, 11:59:23 AM »

Quick question: Out of the songs  you remember Brian working on during the time you spent with him, which was your favorite?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2009, 12:23:53 PM »

Thanks.  I'm not really an insider...more of an historian, I think...not a revisionist, though - just like to focus on what counts. 

Now I'm off to work on my book and lectures - astrology, not BBs - sorry...Just too many additions to our solar system to ignore!

Debbie

Or "former insider/friend of BW", I guess!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »

Quick question: Out of the songs  you remember Brian working on during the time you spent with him, which was your favorite?

He called it "The Angel Song."  Much of it appeared in "Don't Let Her Know She's and Angel."...Wish it had a different mix when it finally came out...Didn't sound much like Brian to me when it was released many years later - very "dumbed down" from what I heard originally...

Debbie
GLarson432
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »

Jeez Debbie, your insights, knowledge, history is a really, really good addition to this board. 

Please don't go away anytime soon!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2009, 12:14:30 AM »

Could there be a recording of 'The Angel Song' (demo?) lying around on a dusty shelf somewhere?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2009, 05:16:05 AM »

He called it "The Angel Song."  Much of it appeared in "Don't Let Her Know She's and Angel."...Wish it had a different mix when it finally came out...Didn't sound much like Brian to me when it was released many years later - very "dumbed down" from what I heard originally...

Debbie

Hey, thank you. That was new to me. So "Don't let her..." was also "begun" in the 70s...
Did you hear the "Sweet Insanity"-version? Is that more like what you remembere?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »

Debbie

Hey, thank you. That was new to me. So "Don't let her..." was also "begun" in the 70s...
Did you hear the "Sweet Insanity"-version? Is that more like what you remembere?
dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »

"The Angel Song" was written in either 1979-80 or 1980-81 - Christmas time.  The "Sweet Insanity" version was closer to the original, although there were a few other elements to it that made it a bit more dramatic as a song, but I liked the "Sweet Insanity" version, in any case.  Part of the original felt a little like the "flourish" part of "Goin' On."  It may have transmuted into that...It's a little hard to break it down, as I just heard the original melody on the piano when it was first pouring out of Brian.  I would say that it was the most enchanting music I ever heard.

Debbie

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »

Just wanted to say thank you, Debbie. It's really great to have you on board!   Smiley

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »

Hi Debbie..Please stay + hang out with us..I would LOVE to hear your recolections of BW creating songs..recordings..etc..Stay + talk about the music please..The other stuff we dont need to know..We know far to much allready..Talk about the music.. I love your story about  angel song....Didnt know it was that old..GOD bless..
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx