gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 06:37:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SS.net tribute project  (Read 23056 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 05:51:22 AM »

I can upload it to something tomorrow if you or anybody else wants to have a go.

Sure. Even if no one gets around to record vocals, it could be used as an instrumental track...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 06:44:31 AM »

Have a butchers, then:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2yytgjgmlrq

I'm back home for the weekend, so i'll fix the couple of inevitable mistakes in there. Hope you like it  Smiley

That's just an mp3, if anyone decides to have a crack at it i'll upload the project files up there, but it's a big old thing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 07:25:07 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 07:38:16 AM »

Both my tracks kinda suck right now (night was so young & lets put our hearts...) so I'm moving on to A day in the life of a Tree. I can't possibly screw up the vox too bad on that one! Cheesy

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 07:39:09 AM »

I'll listen to it when I get home myself.
You don't need to upload the whole project. A vocal track can be done along the mp3 and then send to you, so you can do the final mix

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 08:15:38 AM »

I've got my guitar track done and thats about it, we had some flooding here in Atlanta and I have been cleaning mud out of my music room for a week. My bass amp and cabinet were hit pretty hard, not sure if they will be salvageable yet or not. I'm going to try and press on as soon as I can.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »

That sucks man. Hopefully they'll be ok.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 02:26:48 PM »

That sucks man. Hopefully they'll be ok.

I Havent even tried to power on the head yet, just letting it dry out. My room was the only one that had any damage luckily. I had most everything up off the floor but I forgot about the head, it's just an old Peavey that I used in a college band so it's not a huge loss. We were lucky compared to our neighbors.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2009, 02:04:04 PM »

Have a butchers, then:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2yytgjgmlrq

I'm back home for the weekend, so i'll fix the couple of inevitable mistakes in there. Hope you like it  Smiley

That's just an mp3, if anyone decides to have a crack at it i'll upload the project files up there, but it's a big old thing.

Finally had a chance to listen to it. My problem would be that I don't know where the vocals should come in. Right now though I can't even think about recording my vocals as we're still working on "Wild honey"

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 05:27:45 AM »

I did kind of bungle the beginning - I recorded it in a hurry. It's the second time in, so there's guitar for one, everything else comes in for one, and then the vocals go on three..... if that makes sense?

Looking forward to Wild Honey, though. Hows it coming along?

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 07:03:35 AM »

I did kind of bungle the beginning - I recorded it in a hurry. It's the second time in, so there's guitar for one, everything else comes in for one, and then the vocals go on three..... if that makes sense?

Looking forward to Wild Honey, though. Hows it coming along?

It comes along quite good, thank you. We'll try to get a piano on the track and then we shall start mixing. Hope it won't take too long because I'll have to go back to university soon which will take all my time from the week (I study in a different town so I'm only home at weekend).
I'll practice singing on your track, but I don't know if it will be good enough even to record and of course don't know how long it might take me. Would be cool if someone else was interested in singing. Didn't someon write tht in the original thread in the main-section? Maybe you could pm that person....
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,7657.0.html
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:05:11 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
DSamore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »

I'd be happy to lay down vocals on any track anyone needs vocals for!  Cheesy
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 01:32:08 PM »

By all means, try mine - there's a link further up the page. I'd love for it to be actually realised with vocals.
More than one person can give it a go, if you can figure out the harmonies - this is a group project, after all! Any musical suggestions are welcome too  Smiley

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 01:49:22 PM »

Well, we're done with "Wild honey". Will send it as soo as I have the final file. I think it turned out ok. Some good sounds.

- Jack Rieley
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »

So I'm scratching my previous one and going to do "San Miguel" if all goes well.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 06:59:20 AM »

What does everyone think about pushing the deadline back a month to the end of November. I'm not really happy with what I have so far and I dont think I'm gonna have time for the fixes. I havent received any submissions yet so I'm guessing everyone is in the same boat. Thoughts?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »

Well, as mentioned we're finished, so it doesn't matter that much to me if we're pushing it back

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 11:55:10 AM »

What does everyone think about pushing the deadline back a month to the end of November. I'm not really happy with what I have so far and I dont think I'm gonna have time for the fixes. I havent received any submissions yet so I'm guessing everyone is in the same boat. Thoughts?
Sounds great to me! I was just about to ask for this myself. "You Still Believe In Me" is nearly finished, but I won't have time putting the finishing touches on it in time to Halloween.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »

That's fine with me, I changed mine so I need more time.
Smiley

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

phew!

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »

Just sent you our recording. I'm very excited to hear everyone's stuff....

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2009, 05:54:55 PM »

Thank goodness. Didn't realize my recording had that much clipping, glad I caught it in time!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 12:03:45 PM »

Alright everybody, the submissions have started rolling in and I must say that I am very impressed with the quality of the first 2 submissions. We've got some players on this board.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 02:52:47 PM »

Alright everybody, the submissions have started rolling in and I must say that I am very impressed with the quality of the first 2 submissions. We've got some players on this board.
And I'm just a tambourine short of finishing YSBIM! Looking forward to hear the other contributions!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 09:00:54 AM »

Ok, I'm finished and submitted. How's it going for the rest of you guys?

grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2009, 11:28:12 AM »

Ok, I'm finished and submitted. How's it going for the rest of you guys?
Way behind...

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx