gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681510 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 06:21:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson producing Redwood and other bands not named the BBs  (Read 8804 times)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 11:12:17 PM »

Negron's account is incredibly vivid and detailed. Too much to be dismissed, IMO.

Clay's point iss spot on. And I probably dislike  Love more than Clay does.

The account seems very honest and unusually frank. Does anyone think that Negron
would purposely lie about events that he witnessed? Huh

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 04:52:01 AM »

The account seems very honest and unusually frank. Does anyone think that Negron
would purposely lie about events that he witnessed? Huh

It's not unusual to have an interesting tale 'enhanced' with the years, each time you tell it, and Negron was writing a rock book. People don't buy those to know more about how TDN arranged their harmonies. The yelling and crying scene sounds like a huge exageration of something that really happened - the band unhappy with Brian's lack of interest in them and they asking him where he was standing.

Anyway... Carl would never do that, right?  Wink

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 09:22:15 AM »

I don't know what happened either but supposedly Brothers had just been formed so the group could produce product for themselves and others, so I highly doubt the group was upset that the group was doing what it wanted to do with the formation of Brothers.

I have a feeling the rest of the group may have had a question about Brian unilaterally using a track they had just recorded by the BBs for the BBs, but that's just me.

I doubt that Negron would lie, but I don't doubt that he might have got it wrong in his interpretation what he was witnessing; as I remember, he admits in the quote that he couldn't hear what was being said.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 11:36:07 AM »

that vocal of Let The Wind Blow by a lady named Amy.
What vocal of Let The Wind Blow by what lady named Amy?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 01:09:50 PM »

[koff] bootleg [koff]

Track is the same as the released version, solo vocal is female.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 01:22:09 PM »

I wanna say it's someone Bruce brought in....i could be totally wrong though

I remember the sound quality being really bad on the track

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »

You'd be totally right. He referred to her as a 'Mary Hopkin' type.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »

makes sense

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
GroovinGarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 08:12:57 AM »

[koff] bootleg [koff]

Track is the same as the released version, solo vocal is female.

I was given a copy of this female vocal many many years ago on a cassette, sounded like it was dubbed off of a scratchy acetate. Any idea who the vocalist is?
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 10:56:39 AM »

Exactly how much material is Brian known to have recorded with Redwood?   Was it just Darlin' and Time to Get Alone, or was there more?  And is TTGA the only track that's been released to date?

I've read from time to time that there's a whole album in the vaults but if there were only those two recording dates (as listed on Andrew's Timeline site - which only notes TTGA sessions) I doubt they'd've got an entire albums-worth in the can.

From what's on Andrew's site is it assumed that Redwood's Darlin' was maybe only ever an instrumental track, maybe not even that?

I've been told that the track on the BB release was recorded for Redwood (although the session info seems to contradict that). "TTGA" is the only other Redwood session know to exist.

In Domenic Priore's SMiLE book a song by Brian and VDP called "Sunflower Maiden" was mentioned...

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
KokoMoses
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 12:53:41 PM »

As I understand it, Mike wrote the lyrics to Darlin, therefore co-wrote the tune with Brian. The credits have always read Brian Wilson/Mike Love.... Hmmmm, If I was in a band with Brian and co-wrote a killer song with him and was excited for our band to record it, and then suddenly Brian's off recording/producing it for some other guys.... I'd be mighty pissed too!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx