gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681289 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 01, 2024, 03:04:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe Phil Spector really does have something against Brian...  (Read 2799 times)
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2009, 12:23:55 AM »

Check out this tweet...

# Have befriended a cockroach. I'm naming him Wilson.
3:20 PM May 29th from web

http://twitter.com/philspector/
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:22:21 AM »

Its hard to tell when these are for real. But I would have to say that that is pretty funny! By the way, is it true that his parents are first cousins?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:15:54 AM »

if Phil Spector can update his twitter that regularly, LA jails must have better internet reception than my house. It's gotta be fake, he's hurling insults at 'gene simmons'....  Afro

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 09:18:30 AM »

Regardless of whether it's Spector himself doing the Tweeting, I suspect the tweeter may be thinking of the Tom Hanks movie CASTAWAY in which he befriended a soccer ball named, appropriately, "Wilson".
SG7
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »

I'm sure its a joke as I highly doubt prisoners can use that stuff on a regular basis!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »

Regardless of whether it's Spector himself doing the Tweeting, I suspect the tweeter may be thinking of the Tom Hanks movie CASTAWAY in which he befriended a soccer ball named, appropriately, "Wilson".

That's what I was thinking about too.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 12:05:05 PM »

I thought I read somewhere that criminals/prisoners weren't allowed to have computers in jail. Does anybody know if this is true?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »

It's deffo fake..

But too funny  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »

I thought I read somewhere that criminals/prisoners weren't allowed to have computers in jail. Does anybody know if this is true?

There is no single rule. The U.S. prison system is controlled by cities, counties, states and the feds, and there are different levels of security and different types of prisons across them all. So rules are different: it's not as if the Congress sets guidelines that everyone has to follow.

That said, as a general rule, prisoners' computer/Internet access tends to be monitored and limited to things like taking educational courses.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 12:07:15 AM »

There was a long recent interview with Phil Spector on Dutch TV a few days ago. Spector also talked about Brian. He said he "loves the guy", but his tone was definately belittling. He said that trying to copy the 'Be My Baby' sound was what drove Brian nuts (and that he wished he'd gotten a penny for every joint Brian smoked while trying to get that sound) and that 'Good Vibrations' was just a collage rather than a good song.

But then again, he was belittling pretty much every person that was discussed. I don't think he's ever heard of the word 'modesty'. He just kept talking about how underrated he is and how everybody owes his carreer to him.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:24:11 AM by shelter » Logged
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »

Spector runs his mouth more than Mike Love.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »

I had a cockroach running around my kitchen last night ... I named him "Spector" ... he kept me entertained for about 1 minute until I tired of his repetiveness and sprayed him with the permethrin ...
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »

From a 2008 interview:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/?bcpid=1896788546&bclid=2652486001
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »

I don't know if it was what he was saying, his voice, or the background music, but those clips really creeped me out.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 03:23:08 PM »

LOL @ anyone believing this is real...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx